Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

That ties in to another CV19 item I have read about. In younger people under 40 who have the virus there is a higher risk of blood clots and strokes.

And kids showing signs of Kawasaki disease, a condition that causes inflammation in the walls of some blood vessels in the body.

Robot dog patrols to enforce social distancing in Singapore.

Link:

Robot reminds visitors of safe distancing measures in Bishan-Ang Mo Kio Park, Singapore News & Top Stories - The Straits Times

The Spot robot will broadcast a recorded message reminding park visitors to observe safe distancing measures.

It is fitted with cameras, enabled by GovTech-developed video analytics, to help it estimate the number of visitors in the parks.

The cameras, however, will not be able to track or recognise specific individuals, neither will it collect any personal data.

Video:

go

Setback in South Korea. An infected person patronized nightclubs which led to 25 new cases. This is in a country that was down to a couple bew cases a day. Now they have advised nightclubs and hostess bars to close for one month.

This is what we will have to expect and accept for the near future as we reopen. There will need to be targeted shutdowns. The bane of every business that reopens will be an infected patron or employee.

Edited by Voice of Reason

If that's true, it makes me feel good about my 83 year old dad that refuses to let me do his grocery shopping. Stubborn old man, I know where I get it lol

Good for him!!!

Since he lives in Northern Kentucky and is not in a nursing home he is safe.

Our Campbell County statistics show that 1 in 1,000 (105 of 93,584) of our residents have contracted the virus, and 9 in 100,000 (9 of 93,584) of us has died.

These numbers include nursing home casualties/fatalities.

I like his odds.

Edited by Mustang

Good for him!!!

Since he lives in Northern Kentucky and is not in a nursing home he is safe.

Our Campbell County statistics show that 1 in 1,000 (105 of 93,584) of our residents have contracted the virus, and 9 in 100,000 (9 of 93,584) of us has died.

These numbers include nursing home casualties/fatalities.

I like his odds.

Now do the numbers if we hadn’t been shut down the last several weeks...

Now do the numbers if we hadn’t been shut down the last several weeks...

Down the road the Tennessee and Indiana numbers will show whether we have saved a meaningful number of lives with the steps taken to protect ourselves from this threat, or whether we are the biggest fools to come down the road in the history of man.

The answer is probably somewhere in the middle.

Folks in our area are out and about enough that if this thing was a major threat in this community, the numbers would be substantially higher than 1 in 1,000 don't you think???

Down the road the Tennessee and Indiana numbers will show whether we have saved a meaningful number of lives with the steps taken to protect ourselves from this threat, or whether we are the biggest fools to come down the road in the history of man.

Folks in our area are out and about enough that if this thing was a major threat in this community, the numbers would be substantially higher than 1 in 1,000 don't you think???

I think (read: I know) the low numbers you keep trying to use as reasoning for why we shouldn’t be distancing are directly caused by the distancing you’re so against. Somehow, you still can’t comprehend that.

I think (read: I know) the low numbers you keep trying to use as reasoning for why we shouldn’t be distancing are directly caused by the distancing you’re so against. Somehow, you still can’t comprehend that.

So, you feel that MJ's 83 year old dad is placing himself in imminent danger by going to the grocery store, (which is the topic of this discussion) despite the fact that only 1 in 1,000 citizens of Campbell County, Ky, have been diagnosed with the disease, OR are you saying that his dad is safe because of eight weeks of self-incarceration by the entire population of the county has made this safe environment possible for him to go the grocery with such a minimal risk of infection???

So, you feel that MJ's 83 year old dad is placing himself in imminent danger by going to the grocery store, (which is the topic of this discussion) despite the fact that only 1 in 1,000 citizens of Campbell County, Ky, have been diagnosed with the disease, OR are you saying that his dad is safe because of eight weeks of self-incarceration by the entire population of the county has made this safe environment possible for him to go the grocery with such a minimal risk of infection???

My stance is crystal clear. I can’t help if you can’t comprehend it.

Dad lives in Boone County.

But I think dad is safer because he is only going to Kroger/Meijer and didnt go to all of the girl's state basketball tournament to watch Ryle, isn't going out to eat at Bob Evan's, isnt going to HS baseball/softball games.

The amount of times that he is interacting with others is substantially less.

Dad lives in Boone County.

But I think dad is safer because he is only going to Kroger/Meijer and didnt go to all of the girl's state basketball tournament to watch Ryle, isn't going out to eat at Bob Evan's, isnt going to HS baseball/softball games.

The amount of times that he is interacting with others is substantially less.

I think that is helpful. Still, I am happier when my dad doesn’t leave the house. But as my stepmom is a nurse (not working a Covid wing right now) I am still worried and checking in on him/them daily.

The numbers already show that Kentucky has handled this better than Tennessee and Indiana. Kentucky's numbers show their case count and death rate to be one of the best in the nation. Tennessee's case count is 50% higher than Kentucky's per one million population. Indiana's case count is more than double the case count rate in Kentucky.

The numbers already show that Kentucky has handled this better than Tennessee and Indiana. Kentucky's numbers show their case count and death rate to be one of the best in the nation. Tennessee's case count is 50% higher than Kentucky's per one million population. Indiana's case count is more than double the case count rate in Kentucky.

Tennesse has tested almost twice as many people as Kentucky per one million and their death rate is almost half of Kentucky per one million. How do you figure Kentucky is doing better than Tennessee. The only reason their case count is higher is because of so much more testing. Double the test in Kentucky and what do you think would happen?

Tennesse has tested almost twice as many people as Kentucky per one million and their death rate is almost half of Kentucky per one million. How do you figure Kentucky is doing better than Tennessee. The only reason their case count is higher is because of so much more testing. Double the test in Kentucky and what do you think would happen?

Indiana has 6.85 million people and 1379 deaths. Thats 202 deaths per million. Kentucky has 4.5 million people and 294 deaths. Thats 65 deaths per million. Tennessee has 6.82 million and 237 deaths. Why is the death rate in Indiana is over 3x the rate in KY and TN? The only real difference between stats is that Indiana's first death was about a week before Tennessee's but that doesn't explain that gap.

I would expect Kentucky's case count to go up. Whether it would increase enough to catch up to Tennessee, I don't know.

How much would Tennessee's death rate increase if they reported the CDC numbers they are keeping from the public?