Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

We are entering shutdown phase 2. No, we won't be doing state wide shutdowns. It will become much more targeted. If someone shows up at your church infected, your church just got shut down for 2-3 weeks. If someone walks through the door of your business infected, your business just went into a shutdown. Not only did your business or your church go into shutdown, but every person who was at your business or church who had any kind of contact with the infected person gets shut down along with everyone else in their family. The onus is on every one of us to not be that person who becomes the infected person who causes the shutdown.

Five sailors from the USS Theodore Roosevelt have tested positive for the coronavirus...twice. That's right, they had it, recovered from it, and now have caught it again. So much for developing an immunity to it. Granted it's just 5 cases...but still.

Five sailors from the USS Theodore Roosevelt have tested positive for the coronavirus...twice. That's right, they had it, recovered from it, and now have caught it again. So much for developing an immunity to it. Granted it's just 5 cases...but still.

Same thing that had been reported previously in China a few weeks ago. Neither article really said how bad their symptoms were. In the China cases, I don't think they were even symptomatic but had to be tested again before they could receive medical treatment for other health issues.

Hydroxychloroquine (the malaria drug) is proving to be a false hope. No proven benefits and higher death rates. Many hospitals have stopped administering it and returned supplies. NIH started a new clinical trial of 2,000 to get data for accurate determination whether it works. (Side note - 88% of drugs that enter clinical trials do not receive FDA approval) If it were me infected, I would be trying to get in on another trial that has more hope. Unfortunate this one lost its promise. We need one of these therapies to prove effective.

Edited by Voice of Reason

Hydroxychloroquine (the malaria drug) is proving to be a false hope. No proven benefits and higher death rates. Many hospitals have stopped administering it and returned supplies. NIH started a new clinical trial of 2,000 to get data for accurate determination whether it works. (Side note - 88% of drugs that enter clinical trials do not receive FDA approval) If it were me infected, I would be trying to get in on another trial that has more hope. Unfortunate this one lost its promise. We need one of these therapies to prove effective.

It was always a long shot. Remdesivir is more promising, still not 100% certain on it either.

One of my friends caught Covid-19 roughly a month ago. A week in he had mild symptoms (cough and fever would come and go), the second week he could feel it in his lungs and was somewhat concerned. Fast forward to today about 4 weeks removed and he told me he just went on a 5 mile jog. Did not take any medications, does not have any pre-existing conditions, he’s in his mid 40’s, good health slightly overweight, nothing extreme. His wife did not watch it either, they stayed in separate rooms for all 4 weeks.

One of my friends caught Covid-19 roughly a month ago. A week in he had mild symptoms (cough and fever would come and go), the second week he could feel it in his lungs and was somewhat concerned. Fast forward to today about 4 weeks removed and he told me he just went on a 5 mile jog. Did not take any medications, does not have any pre-existing conditions, he’s in his mid 40’s, good health slightly overweight, nothing extreme. His wife did not watch it either, they stayed in separate rooms for all 4 weeks.
It affects people so differently. I’m glad that it wasn’t severe with your friend and that his wife didn’t get it.

The 18yro that I know that has it has been in and out of the hospital. She’s had major lung issues and the doctors say that it may comprise her lung function permanently but she is recovering and I think she will survive.

Sounds a lot like a friend of mine. Late 40's and a similar recovery pattern, although his was a little bit longer. His daughter also has it and is recovering as well, but maybe a little bit slower than her Dad. Both have discussed how terrible they have felt during this.

It affects people so differently. I’m glad that it wasn’t severe with your friend and that his wife didn’t get it.

The 18yro that I know that has it has been in and out of the hospital. She’s had major lung issues and the doctors say that it may comprise her lung function permanently but she is recovering and I think she will survive.

How long ago was she diagnosed? Is this her senior year in high school?

It certainly does. I remember week 1 he was like “this isn’t bad,” mild fever and cough, week 2 he thought he might need to be hospitalized, thankfully wasn’t. I was shocked he jogged 5 miles a few days ago. Certainly highs and lows with it, now it’s like it never happened. His wife is gonna take the test to see if she picks up and antibodies.

He’s the only person I actually know (not my cousins, friend of a friend) who’s caught it and he lives in Cleveland.

Florida is allowing restaurants to increase capacity to 50% and gyms are being allowed to open today, dependent upon local municipality rules. Palm, Dade, and Broward Counties are reopening today, with Miami, Hialeah, Miami Gardens and Miami Beach reopening retail businesses Wednesday and restaurants a week from Wednesday. The Keys are reopening June 1.