Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

Here is my question to you and to others. Why do you want to buy in to these rumors? What is gained by saying it was here in October or November? Why do people want to claim there really are only 45,000 deaths instead of 100,000? What does avoiding the truth accomplish? I would rather know the truth, follow the facts and learn from them.

 

Because sometimes facts are wrong. Sometimes facts are colored by the personalities of those that present them. By nature, data is objective, but the way people interpret the data is subjective. We have seen different "experts" have differing opinions on the virus over the last three months while the data is the same.

 

I am actually with you on this one, but I do question some of the facts that have been presented to us since late-March.

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

Imagine not believing in science. :lol2:

 

Call me a cynic. I am much more likely to take the word of the CDC, WHO, or other science based study and recommendation that the world has invested decades in over 10 minutes worth of google searching on "facts" that I want to find to support my argument. Now if you want to say some of their recommendations are extreme, ok, I get that. But I do not think there is a group of 1,000s of employees secretly conspiring to undermine society with absolute 0 motive to do so.

Call me a cynic. I am much more likely to take the word of the CDC, WHO, or other science based study and recommendation that the world has invested decades in over 10 minutes worth of google searching on "facts" that I want to find to support my argument. Now if you want to say some of their recommendations are extreme, ok, I get that. But I do not think there is a group of 1,000s of employees secretly conspiring to undermine society with absolute 0 motive to do so.

 

You also use logic and common sense, so your stance here is not surprising.

Because sometimes facts are wrong. Sometimes facts are colored by the personalities of those that present them. By nature, data is objective, but the way people interpret the data is subjective. We have seen different "experts" have differing opinions on the virus over the last three months while the data is the same.

 

I am actually with you on this one, but I do question some of the facts that have been presented to us since late-March.

 

Absolutely agree. Facts and circumstances can change as we learn more. Use ALL the facts we have now to make decisions. New facts can change those decisions, and that does not mean people lied or hid information. Their previous decisions were made based on the information they had available.

There are facts. We have proof now there were a couple cases in January. Actual scientific proof. We have proof from across the world that there is about a two month ramp up from cases of infection to full fledged outbreak with people hospitalized, ICU's and deaths. Those are proven facts. None of the other stuff you are mentioning are scientifically proven.

 

I get that, but the facts keep changing, so it makes one wonder if they may change again. Originally we thought it arrived here in late February or early March, now we're saying January or late December. Same with China backtracking on when it first showed up there, so who's to say we don't continue to backtrack and determine that it was actually here before January?

 

I trust science, but in a scenario like this you don't always get it right the first time. After all you can only present what info you have to work with and since people weren't being tested in November and December they're working with incomplete data.

I get that, but the facts keep changing, so it makes one wonder if they may change again. Originally we thought it arrived here in late February or early March, now we're saying January or late December. Same with China backtracking on when it first showed up there, so who's to say we don't continue to backtrack and determine that it was actually here before January?

 

I trust science, but in a scenario like this you don't always get it right the first time. After all you can only present what info you have to work with and since people weren't being tested in November and December they're working with incomplete data.

 

Agree.

 

Stanford did a backtest on 7,500 flu samples and none of them tested positive for CV19.

Agree.

 

Stanford did a backtest on 7,500 flu samples and none of them tested positive for CV19.

 

Right, its kinda a wait and see approach from me with the facts, at least until they quit changing and the experts start coming to a common agreement.

New York  Confirmed Cases  -  345,813

Kentucky Confirmed Cases   -      8,426

 

New York Confirmed Deaths  -  22,304

Kentucky Confirmed Deaths  -        396        (Could be a few higher)

 

It's like we are Covid wannabes. 

Florida has been open for about a month. There has been no dramatic spike in cases even though testing has more than doubled over this period (837,000 + tested, now). The Test-Case Ratio has dropped below 6 percent (was over 9%) and the Case-Death ration has dropped to below 4.2% (was over 5.5%). Keep in mind 60% of new cases in the last month have been because of ALF and Nursing Home testing.

 

However, it appears that people, for the most part, are still complying with recommended prevention guidelines; wearing masks, social distancing, and staying at home when it's not necessary to go out.

 

One thing I've been conditioned to, from this situation, is that I don't need brick and mortar stores to survive. I still have almost everything delivered or I curbside pickup, and have only gone to Publix once this month. We did go to restaurants twice. So in almost 3 months, I've been inside 3 retailers.

New York  Confirmed Cases  -  345,813

Kentucky Confirmed Cases   -      8,426

 

New York Confirmed Deaths  -  22,304

Kentucky Confirmed Deaths  -        396        (Could be a few higher)

 

It's like we are Covid wannabes. 

 

Great endorsement of all the steps Kentucky has taken to protect the public. We are one of the safest states in the US. Thanks for posting.

Great endorsement of all the steps Kentucky has taken to protect the public. We are one of the safest states in the US. Thanks for posting.

 

And you should also inform me that the population of New York City is twice the total population of Kentucky.

And you should also inform me that the population of New York City is twice the total population of Kentucky.

 

I figured you knew that when you posted.....just having some fun with you.

 

On the serious side though, Kentucky is one of the safest states. I also saw that Kentucky's testing capacity now far exceeds the national recommended standard and that of most other states. Kentucky is positioned as well as any state in the country as things reopen.

Great endorsement of all the steps Kentucky has taken to protect the public. We are one of the safest states in the US. Thanks for posting.

 

And like I mentioned in another post, of that 396 I can’t help but wonder how many were actually from Rona.

And like I mentioned in another post, of that 396 I can’t help but wonder how many were actually from Rona.

 

Actually most experts think deaths have probably been under reported.

New York Confirmed Cases - 345,813

Kentucky Confirmed Cases - 8,426

 

New York Confirmed Deaths - 22,304

Kentucky Confirmed Deaths - 396 (Could be a few higher)

 

It's like we are Covid wannabes.

 

 

NY released 4,300 COVID positive individuals into nursing home and assisted care facilities. So there is that.

 

Nursing homes make up a lot of the deaths in the high impact states. Pennsylvania's COVID deaths at nursing homes was over 60%. Kentucky's was 45% at one time. So much for protecting the vulnerable.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.