Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

Florida has been open for about a month. There has been no dramatic spike in cases even though testing has more than doubled over this period (837,000 + tested, now). The Test-Case Ratio has dropped below 6 percent (was over 9%) and the Case-Death ration has dropped to below 4.2% (was over 5.5%). Keep in mind 60% of new cases in the last month have been because of ALF and Nursing Home testing.

However, it appears that people, for the most part, are still complying with recommended prevention guidelines; wearing masks, social distancing, and staying at home when it's not necessary to go out.

One thing I've been conditioned to, from this situation, is that I don't need brick and mortar stores to survive. I still have almost everything delivered or I curbside pickup, and have only gone to Publix once this month. We did go to restaurants twice. So in almost 3 months, I've been inside 3 retailers.

Reports out that Florida is messing with their numbers to keep the reopening on track within guidelines.

Reports out that Florida is messing with their numbers to keep the reopening on track within guidelines.

You can find a report for any stance you could have regarding COVID. It just depends on which reports we choose to believe.

Contact Tracer jobs open.

Its because City of Louisville awarded contract to Kindred. Interestingly the position can be anywhere in US.

Covid-19 Contact Tracer at Kindred

Summary:

The Lacuna Health Contact Tracer is responsibly for accurately and efficiently completing calls to individuals who has been identified as being in close contact with patients who have tested positive to COVID-19 to advise them on self-quarantine and provide additional resources as well as direction for testing.

You can find a report for any stance you could have regarding COVID. It just depends on which reports we choose to believe.

Absolutely the most frustrating part for me. We never really all got on the same page with this one.

I’m as clueless today as I was the first time I heard about the virus. Too many experts disagreed and the info the public was getting was shady at best.

I’m not sure if we slowed down the second coming of Ebola or we over reacted to the flu...

Believe what you want, but I see actual hospital numbers almost every day.

Hospitals are hurting because of the loss of elective surgeries and they were coerced into buying millions of dollars of equipment they did not need. They are cutting back all overtime and laying off doctors, nurses, and staff.

Medicare alone pays 20% more if a case or death is diagnosed as COVID. So hospitals lose money if they do not report COVID deaths as COVID deaths. They can't afford that. I know that hospitals are doing everything they can to classify a patient in the hospital as COVID, testing them over and over to get a COVID classification. Medicare auditing would prevent bogus numbers being reported and billing differently. The numbers have to correlate.

If you are referring to the report I think you are, under Florida law, pandemics are not under the jurisdiction of the Medical Examiners office. Once initial deaths have been classified as part of a pandemic, hospital pathology reports directly to the Florida Department of Health.

Believe what you want, but I see actual hospital numbers almost every day.

Hospitals are hurting because of the loss of elective surgeries and they were coerced into buying millions of dollars of equipment they did not need. They are cutting back all overtime and laying off doctors, nurses, and staff.

Medicare alone pays 20% more if a case or death is diagnosed as COVID. So hospitals lose money if they do not report COVID deaths as COVID deaths. They can't afford that. I know that hospitals are doing everything they can to classify a patient in the hospital as COVID, testing them over and over to get a COVID classification. Medicare auditing would prevent bogus numbers being reported and billing differently. The numbers have to correlate.

If you are referring to the report I think you are, under Florida law, pandemics are not under the jurisdiction of the Medical Examiners office. Once initial deaths have been classified as part of a pandemic, hospital pathology reports directly to the Florida Department of Health.

Thank you for sharing that.

You probably know the answer to this. My understanding is medicare pays more for COVID patients being treated. Does it matter for medicare reimbursement what the cause of death is? My understanding is medicare pays for treatment and there is no reimbursement specifically paid based on listed cause of death.

To the report I was referring to, It wasn't the hospitals messing with numbers. It was how numbers are posted online and reported to the public.

As to compliance with orders and guidelines, I say the exact opposite. Sure, there are always some naysayers, but even most of the naysayers are following the bulk of the guidelines.

But back to trusting the numbers issue.. Aren't the numbers what is being used for said guidelines? So if you can't trust the numbers I could see people nit willing to follow the guidelines that said numbers produced. Its kinda a catch 22.

Thank you for sharing that.

You probably know the answer to this. My understanding is medicare pays more for COVID patients being treated. Does it matter for medicare reimbursement what the cause of death is? My understanding is medicare pays for treatment and there is no reimbursement specifically paid based on listed cause of death.

To the report I was referring to, It wasn't the hospitals messing with numbers. It was how numbers are posted online and reported to the public.

The point I was making is that hospitals have the incentive to diagnose as many COVID patients as they can. If a patient is treated for COVID and they die, they are reported as a COVID related death. I know that to be fact.

The headline on AP I saw indicated the Florida Medical Examiners were being pressured to lower the death count. I did not read the story, though, as I don't care about conspiracy theories. I thought you were referring to that and I addressed that in my previous post. I don't watch TV or consume any news-oriented web site, other than the AP. I have no interest in any of the conspiracy theories that are floating around or the constant expert opinions that contradict each other. The experts I listen to are not in the media, they are on the front lines of treatment and research. People I know and trust.

The hospitals report tests, cases, and deaths directly to the Florida Department of Health who then reports to the CDC. The numbers I post here are from the CDC and correlate to what I am getting from what hospital data I see. I also compare with what USF-Health is posting. I highly doubt USF would be involved with posting fraudulent data.

The point I was making is that hospitals have the incentive to diagnose as many COVID patients as they can. If a patient is treated for COVID and they die, they are reported as a COVID related death. I know that to be fact.

The headline on AP I saw indicated the Florida Medical Examiners were being pressured to lower the death count. I did not read the story, though, as I don't care about conspiracy theories. I thought you were referring to that and I addressed that in my previous post. I don't watch TV or consume any news-oriented web site, other than the AP. I have no interest in any of the conspiracy theories that are floating around or the constant expert opinions that contradict each other. The experts I listen to are not in the media, they are on the front lines of treatment and research. People I know and trust.

The hospitals report tests, cases, and deaths directly to the Florida Department of Health who then reports to the CDC. The numbers I post here are from the CDC and correlate to what I am getting from what hospital data I see. I also compare with what USF-Health is posting. I highly doubt USF would be involved with posting fraudulent data.

I don't believe any conspiracy theories. They are all fabrications. I believe in facts like what you are posting.

For what it is worth, Florida now has 52,255 COVID cases, but has executed 925,000 tests, a 5.6% ratio. The death to case ratio is hanging around 4.3% with 2,259 deaths. Hospitalization for COVID in Florida is at 18.25% (9537 of 52,255 infected people hospitalized).