Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

I am sure people - ironically the same people that do not believe in WHO or the CDC - are now taking the statement and saying, "told you so."

 

I have a family member (through marriage, thank goodness) who belongs in this group. When the CDC came out and said that we probably didn't need to wipe down every package that we ever touched (because the virus probably couldn't survive there that long)...he said "See, look what the CDC is saying about this! Trust them!"

 

And yet, he refuses to wear a mask, even though the same CDC advocates for it. He'd rather quote a couple of YouTube doctors, or some other non-reliable sources. I am soooooooooooo glad our family reunion has been cancelled for this summer.

I have a family member (through marriage, thank goodness) who belongs in this group. When the CDC came out and said that we probably didn't need to wipe down every package that we ever touched (because the virus probably couldn't survive there that long)...he said "See, look what the CDC is saying about this! Trust them!"

 

And yet, he refuses to wear a mask, even though the same CDC advocates for it. He'd rather quote a couple of YouTube doctors, or some other non-reliable sources. I am soooooooooooo glad our family reunion has been cancelled for this summer.

 

There are approximately eleventy billion people like this.

There are approximately eleventy billion people like this.

 

I'll take the over on eleventy billion.

I have a family member (through marriage, thank goodness) who belongs in this group. When the CDC came out and said that we probably didn't need to wipe down every package that we ever touched (because the virus probably couldn't survive there that long)...he said "See, look what the CDC is saying about this! Trust them!"

 

And yet, he refuses to wear a mask, even though the same CDC advocates for it. He'd rather quote a couple of YouTube doctors, or some other non-reliable sources. I am soooooooooooo glad our family reunion has been cancelled for this summer.

 

You used to hear about “cafeteria Catholics”. We now have cafeteria Corona people.

 

Does anybody really enjoy family reunions under any circumstance?

Does anybody really enjoy family reunions under any circumstance?

 

Considering that I'm 4-5 hours away from all of my family...yes, I do enjoy our reunions. (My wife, on the other hand, not so much. But, that's another story. :lol2: ). While I'm able to see my parents 3 or 4 times during the year, I'm usually only able to see my aunts/uncles/cousins pretty much just this one time a year.

You used to hear about “cafeteria Catholics”. We now have cafeteria Corona people.

 

Does anybody really enjoy family reunions under any circumstance?

 

I also enjoy them, some you only see at a funeral or a reunion, I'll take the reunion every time, also look forward to going to blue licks state park.

I have a family member (through marriage, thank goodness) who belongs in this group. When the CDC came out and said that we probably didn't need to wipe down every package that we ever touched (because the virus probably couldn't survive there that long)...he said "See, look what the CDC is saying about this! Trust them!"

 

And yet, he refuses to wear a mask, even though the same CDC advocates for it. He'd rather quote a couple of YouTube doctors, or some other non-reliable sources. I am soooooooooooo glad our family reunion has been cancelled for this summer.

 

I have no clue what is going on in this country. It is maddening.

I still can't get over that America represents about 4% of the world's population. Yet we have almost 30% of the world's cases. I am sure people can nitpick numbers, credit testing, blame health organizations, or whatever you choose, but that is a flat out pathetic number.

What's about to happen is these spikes will be attributed to protests and not states reopening prematurely.

 

Ain't happening. Americans "sacrificed" to its highest extent the better part of eight weeks. That's about all you're going to get.

 

Yep.

 

Do you all think we should still be in quarantine? I’m trying to figure out your positions.

Do you all think we should still be in quarantine? I’m trying to figure out your positions.

 

Quarantine? Not necessarily. That said, I will roll with whatever I am told is the safest way to proceed and respect everyone along the way to the best of my abilities. If I am asked to wear a mask by the respected professionals we pay to give us this info, I will go with that. If I have to put off going to a bar until August, I will survive. If it means having my temperature checked to get my haircut, I can do that.

 

My position is I am not going to take the position that "this is all a hoax to control us and that the CDC, health officials, and others are in on this vast conspiracy to undermine me and my family." For no reason, just to do it.

 

My statement was more about the rebellious mindset we have in America and that I can't see us going back to the extent to which we quarantined March - May, even if mandated.

19 states are experiencing spikes. Texas moved on to stage 3 of reopening and has had a record number of hospitalizations the last several days. Many other states are experiencing all time highs as well.

 

Texas hospitals are under 18% capacity involving COVID cases. Texas has also increased testing, up to 1.15 million.

 

Florida is showing increased infections, too. All-time highs. However, they have expanded testing considerably, 250,000 on May 4 to 1.28 million as of today (400%). Based on the ratios on May 4, the ratio of tests to positive cases continues to be in decline as does the ratio of positive cases to deaths and positive cases to hospitalization.

Do you all think we should still be in quarantine? I’m trying to figure out your positions.

 

No. I think the gradual unlocking of Kentucky has been done pretty well.

 

But the thinking that this is a hoax is, in my opinion, ridiculous.

 

I also think it'll be near impossible to lock down again.

Texas hospitals are under 18% capacity involving COVID cases. Texas has also increased testing, up to 1.15 million.

 

Florida is showing increased infections, too. All-time highs. However, they have expanded testing considerably, 250,000 on May 4 to 1.28 million as of today (400%). Based on the ratios on May 4, the ratio of tests to positive cases continues to be in decline as does the ratio of positive cases to deaths and positive cases to hospitalization.

 

That's tremendous news, though I wish we could see the rate go down.

I still can't get over that America represents about 4% of the world's population. Yet we have almost 30% of the world's cases. I am sure people can nitpick numbers, credit testing, blame health organizations, or whatever you choose, but that is a flat out pathetic number.

 

I find that astounding as well. However, I am wondering what we should have done differently. Seems like things were shut down pretty quickly when infections starting showing up in the US. Maybe we should have shut down air travel more quickly?

 

I look at statistics in places like India and Mexico and wonder how we could have done so much worse. Of course, that would mean trusting the statistics, and I noticed that their level of testing is much lower.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.