Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

Was in Hilton Head last week in a house on the beach.  On the beach there was no sign of any "precautions".  The beach area was mostly non-congested in our area and "distancing" was just natural.  Where the resort hotel came out it was more congested. 

Mask were about 75% in use at Kroger.  We ate out for a lunch only once - outside next to the lighthouse. 

Outside beach bar had no specific restrictions.  It was usually at capacity. 

Normally we would have eaten dinner out at least 3 times and maybe lunch a few more times. 

So somewhat a normal beach vacation, but with some self-imposed "distancing". 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

3 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Going there in a few weeks, probably going to spend the majority of our time in the cabin. 

We take a couple folding chairs, a little breakfast or lunch with us, find a beautiful spot up in the mountains with a view and just sit in our chairs for a while.  Quite a few bears in the area while we were there so we were very careful with our food. You never want to leave half eaten food, food wrappers or even a gum wrapper in your car and go off on a trail. 

2 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Panhandle of Florida is packed as well. Seems the whole nation has cabin fever from lockdowns.

I'k sure you are right.

Apparently the bears are pretty active around Gatlinburg right now.  A co-worker of mine just returned from there last week.  Over the course of the week they had about 20 encounters with bears, even seeing them in the middle of the city streets.  The final encounter was the (best?), while packing up his SUV parked in front of their cabin a bear actually got inside the vehicle and he had to lure him out with a bag of popcorn.  The video he posted on Facebook was pretty crazy.  

I talked to a friend that was in Gatlinburg early last week (Monday and Tuesday) and he told me it is the busiest he has ever seen there including weekends and he is a frequent flyer. 

I saw someone ask an interesting question on Twitter...

If I test positive for COVID today, and then next week and the week after I go back for follow up tests, are those follow up tests included in the positive cases number? To be specific, is my positive number just 1, or is it 3?

You can imagine how quickly that would inflate numbers. 

1 minute ago, TheDeuce said:

I saw someone ask an interesting question on Twitter...

If I test positive for COVID today, and then next week and the week after I go back for follow up tests, are those follow up tests included in the positive cases number? To be specific, is my positive number just 1, or is it 3?

You can imagine how quickly that would inflate numbers. 

If seen this question asked many times, but I've yet to see a credible answer from anyone.  

2 minutes ago, Irish Cat said:

If seen this question asked many times, but I've yet to see a credible answer from anyone.  

I'm going to assume that every individual test is considered a "new" positive case. There's little to zero chance places are keeping track of who tested positive and follow up tests. 

2 hours ago, Irish Cat said:

If seen this question asked many times, but I've yet to see a credible answer from anyone.  

Seems to be the theme for this virus.

Hundreds of questions and only a handful of credible answers.

This whole situation has been incredibly frustrating.

That is interesting.  It would seem to mean there are likely less people infected but possibly more fatal for those that become infected.   

9 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

That is interesting.  It would seem to mean there are likely less people infected but possibly more fatal for those that become infected.   

Great point. The number of true positives would go down in that scenario, but the death rate would go up. 

On 7/2/2020 at 2:12 PM, TheDeuce said:

I'm going to assume that every individual test is considered a "new" positive case. There's little to zero chance places are keeping track of who tested positive and follow up tests. 

You are likely correct. There were a couple of local high school soccer players that tested positive this week. I know one of the two was tested again the next day as well as the day after and those tests came back negative. The health department said the original test produced a false positive, yet it still sticks on the daily numbers as a positive case. 

5 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

Great point. The number of true positives would go down in that scenario, but the death rate would go up. 

That's true as well, but it makes one question whether the death rates are accurate as well. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to how numbers are reported. 

If the numbers are off, at this point what does it mean? Does it change anything? Most reports I have read say deaths are underreported. Does it matter if the total deaths are 100,000, or 130,000 or 200,000? My point is regardless of the exact number, we know this is a most serious issue that requires drastic action to save lives. I don't see why people are still fighting instead of doing what it takes to help.

People are fighting because they took their "side" early and no one can possibly just own up and be wrong any more. It was a media created hoax on March 23rd and all three plus months has provided is time to dig in on any hope they might have had it "right". Public pressure insisted we open back up at the peak. That's winning the battle and losing the war. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.