Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

As a nurse, I have worn masks hundreds of times while taking care of patients in isolation. As someone with no health issues I can tell you that wearing them while working hard can make you a little short of breath. I would think that someone with chronic heart or breathing problems might struggle with wearing a mask and doing manual labor. It might be dangerous for them. However, those people should not be out or doing manual labor at this time. For the average healthy person, masks while working is fine. You might just need to take a break occasionally. Also, If you are breathing hard and your mask gets wet, change it.

I saw a woman being interviewed on TV wearing a mask. As she talked, the movement of her jaw kept dropping the mask below her nose. Proper fit is important.

Bottom line, at this time we are all learning. The benefits of wearing masks seem to far out weigh not wearing them. Dr. Sana’a report gives some interesting points, but is there any research behind it?

Just got off the phone with a good friend of mine that spent 13 days on the Ventilator. He sounds pretty good considering what he has been through. 3 more days of self Quarantine at home. He told me that during the time he was sedated he had some interesting Dreams/Nightmares that he's still sorting through. I can't even imagine what these patients are going through. He lost 47lbs.....He spent almost 3 weeks in the Hospital. His line of work entails him dealing with Clients that would be in Alexandria one day talking to him and then in the middle of the nowhere across the World the next. He isn't quite sure where he picked it up. He did say that he has a New perspective on Life and what's really important.

One of my co workers is finally turning the corner after 3 weeks of fighting the CV. She was fortunate in that she did not have to be hospitalized, but she said she has never felt so sick or scared in her life.

I do believe that the rate of infected people is much higher than we know due to lack of testing. I also believe that the death rate is much lower for the same reason. One thing I know is that I don’t want to get it and risk being one of the sicker ones.

I see the New York Police Department may now start arresting people for gathering in large groups.

Marshall Law!

To be honest this whole thing has turned into idiocracy. Its like people are throwing darts at a wall of pictures and ideas daily and determining thats the next step.

Let's open the state back up but you need masks on that particular date, the day before you're fine, no mask needed. But let's open it up to get people back to work and see what happens, those that need childcare options to be able to go back to work are essentially screwed though, because childcare isn't a necessity, just quit your job. Yet likely half of the work force in this state has kids.

I can't say its humorous because its not. It is a bit alarming and silly though. For what its worth the childcare issue won't effect me personally, but it will for people I know as they are allowed to go back to work, yet won't have anyone to watch their kids.

Then the mask thing. Why do we not need them now, but are being forced to wear them in a couple of weeks? None of it makes much sense to me.

Then the mask thing. Why do we not need them now, but are being forced to wear them in a couple of weeks? None of it makes much sense to me.

Lockdown with restrictions on circulation and minimal contact with others = masks not as necessary.

Open things up with many multiple times more contacts with other people = wear masks to reduce risk.

Make sense?

Lockdown with restrictions on circulation and minimal contact with others = masks not as necessary.

Open things up with many multiple times more contacts with other people = wear masks to reduce risk.

Make sense?

And it gives everyone time to actually get masks.

With the exception of Palm Beach, Broward, and Dade counties, local county and city municipalities in Florida will be allowed to decide whether to reopen restaurants and some business on Monday, May 4th, in the 1st phase of reopening the state.

There are restrictions, though.

Restaurants and retail businesses will be limited to 25% capacity and restaurants must keep all tables, inside or out, 6 feet apart.

Bars, nightclubs, gyms, and personal services such as hairdressers will remain closed.

Schools and organized youth activities that are already closed will also remain closed.

Visits to senior living facilities are still prohibited.

Elective surgeries are also able to resume as clinically appropriate.

Masks are recommended, but not required, though many individual businesses will probably maintain a "no mask, no service" policy.

Public areas will also be allowed to open, given local approval, including beaches. However, social distancing restrictions still apply regarding distance and groups larger than 10.

For me. Nothing really changes except increased traffic getting to and from work. My primary employer has no intention of bringing employees working from home back as well as those 65 and older that were furloughed early in March.

For what it is worth, I have not been in a retail business, other than a gas station, since March 14. That will not change whether the state opens back up or not. I will still have my groceries, bourbon, and restaurant prepared meals delivered. No need to socialize if it is not necessary.

Make sense?

Honestly no it doesn't. I've been working this entire time, now I need a mask all of a sudden? If the mask was that essential it should have been mandated when I was told I'm "essential." Does that make any sense?

For what its worth my job requires no contact with anyone other than the person in the vehicle with me, which we have regular contact anyway, so that doesn't change much of anything. I'm just not sure why masks weren't required before with all of the people frequenting lowes, grocery stores etc. Those places are as full as I've ever seen them. Yet I need a mask to be outside on May 11th, but I'm fine if I don't have one on May 10th? No thanks.

Honestly no it doesn't. I've been working this entire time, now I need a mask all of a sudden? If the mask was that essential it should have been mandated when I was told I'm "essential." Does that make any sense?

For what its worth my job requires no contact with anyone other than the person in the vehicle with me, which we have regular contact anyway, so that doesn't change much of anything. I'm just not sure why masks weren't required before with all of the people frequenting lowes, grocery stores etc. Those places are as full as I've ever seen them. Yet I need a mask to be outside on May 11th, but I'm fine if I don't have one on May 10th? No thanks.

Gotcha. Two sets of rules.

1. The JD rule. No mask needed when you aren't exposed to other people.

2. The Life Saving rule. When you are in public exposed to other people, a mask is required.

If rule #2 isn't followed, we have uncontrolled growth of infections, deaths and another shutdown.

Gotcha. Two sets of rules.

1. The JD rule. No mask needed when you aren't exposed to other people.

2. The Life Saving rule. When you are in public exposed to other people, a mask is required.

If rule #2 isn't followed, we have uncontrolled growth of infections, deaths and another shutdown.

You're speculating. I can do rule number one and rule number two without speaking to anyone or touching anything the general public touches all day long at work, yet I'm told I have to buy and wear a mask. Again, no thanks.

Not to mention the fact you forgot to reason on why I don't need the mask tomorrow or yesterday, but I do need it on May 11th. But going to lowes to buy flowers on May 10th without a mask is perfectly okay. The rules are not well thought out.