Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

I was talking with someone I know in the medical industry. He said doctors and other people in the health care industry are scared to death of the reopening. I heard 100 doctors died in Italy during their crisis. If doctors and health care providers are scared, I'm scared.

I personally know and work with many doctors, PAs, NPs, nurses, and other health care professionals. My sister is an ICU nurse. I have 2 sisters-in-law that are nurses. My daughter owns a medical practice. My son-in-law owns a hospitalist group. None that I have spoken with are scared to reopen.

I personally know and work with many doctors, PAs, NPs, nurses, and other health care professionals. My sister is an ICU nurse. I have 2 sisters-in-law that are nurses. My daughter owns a medical practice. My son-in-law owns a hospitalist group. None that I have spoken with are scared to reopen.

Good to hear more perspective. Thanks for sharing.

Why the rush to open when the numbers and projections show huge benefits from staying shut down just a couple more weeks? We are missing an opportunity and wasting the shutdown if we open too soon. Just two more weeks will be well worth it at this point. Places that open too soon have weak leaders.

I agree with this.

My fear is that once you open it up some, it's going to be hard to put the lid back on if we need to.

But they are not forcing people out of their houses if they want to stay in. No one has to participate if they don't want to.

So what happens if a business re-opens and the employees are afraid to come back? Do they lose their job? I believe people are going to be put into a situation where they're going to be forced to make the choice between keeping their job and staying healthy.

So what happens if a business re-opens and the employees are afraid to come back? Do they lose their job? I believe people are going to be put into a situation where they're going to be forced to make the choice between keeping their job and staying healthy.

I actually had this same thought. I think the good companies will work hard to give employees the option to be in the office or work from home. They will definitely need to change how cubes and offices are arranged and change how people collaborate.

Do they lose unemployment?

If you live in Georgia, you work in a Barber shop, and you have COPD, can you say "no thank you, I'll stay at home for this" and keep your unemployment?

I was talking with someone I know in the medical industry. He said doctors and other people in the health care industry are scared to death of the reopening. I heard 100 doctors died in Italy during their crisis. If doctors and health care providers are scared, I'm scared.

My stepmom is an RN and she is scared. I have former students who are now doctors and nurses who are pleading with people to just wait a little while longer.

There is a silent majority that wants a more aggressive approach. Its not a binary approach, though the lock-downers what it to be portrayed as such.

Why? What do "the lock-downers" (whoever that is??) gain from that?

What is a "more-aggressive approach?"

New York, Michigan, and California have been locked down. We have been asked to stay at home in KY.

Lockdown is what Georgia will be in about three weeks from now.

Fixed it for you.

Once Pandora's box gets opened, there is no going back. We will, quite literally, be living and dying by these decisions.

You're right.

Imagine being a WW2 vet and you stormed Normandy Beach, but people can't stay at home and watch Netflix all day for you.