Open Job: Danville

9 hours ago, 12th Region Fan said:

Surprised to see this one open! No clue who would be on this list. Maybe McRae at Garrard? 

I think they had a lot of discipline issues this past season.  There were kids suspended and kicked off completely.  Who’s fault that was you would have to be in locker room.  I know the Baughman kid is at Mercer now, but I do think they have some young talent if cultivated right. 

With Danville continuing to lose athletes to surrounding schools it may be difficult to bring in a good coach and generate a lot of interest.

This will be the Ads third coach in 3 years.

27 minutes ago, DanvilleFan said:

With Danville continuing to lose athletes to surrounding schools it may be difficult to bring in a good coach and generate a lot of interest.

This will be the Ads third coach in 3 years.

Danville must make some good hires to get the ball rolling again. 

• Like 1

Did Coach Ford step down?  Or was he let go after one season?  He is a graduate of Danville and was the girls and boys assistant coach for several years.

1 hour ago, Coyay said:

Did Coach Ford step down?  Or was he let go after one season?  He is a graduate of Danville and was the girls and boys assistant coach for several years.

It's been pretty quiet.  The job is posted on their website.  I wonder if it's a situation where they just wanted to open it up to see the applicant pool, or if he has a chance to reapply for it.  Not much advertising it, or vetting candidates to my knowledge. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LethalPG said:

It's been pretty quiet.  The job is posted on their website.  I wonder if it's a situation where they just wanted to open it up to see the applicant pool, or if he has a chance to reapply for it.  Not much advertising it, or vetting candidates to my knowledge. 

I couldn't remember if they even removed the "interim" tag from him last year.  I'm sure that they did because that tag was given because of paperwork/HR reasons but yeah, I've wondered the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...