Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

OHSAA is targeting May 9th to return to contests/competitions. Will it hold?

As things stand right now that seems impossible but who knows.

I read earlier this week the city of Covington, Kentucky decided not to open their city pools this year due to the Rona.

How is that different than now? That same person could walk in and grab a load of bread right now.

It's not. And yet again, we'll just have to rely on people to do the right thing.

Location, location, location.

I would love to have students back in the classroom. We were told that we will not return until at least May 1.

27 students in a classroom, then shuffle that deck 6 times a day, that’s a whole lot of togetherness.

I would love to have students back in the classroom. We were told that we will not return until at least May 1.

27 students in a classroom, then shuffle that deck 6 times a day, that’s a whole lot of togetherness.

Agreed.

Not worth it, especially with testing not being a thing this year. Just call it a school year and hope that August is feasible.

I don't see any reason to have kids back in school at this point.

As things stand right now that seems impossible but who knows.

I read earlier this week the city of Covington, Kentucky decided not to open their city pools this year due to the Rona.

I did too, but looked into it more. It was a financial decision regarding the need to find staff and start preparing the 3 areas they service. Ultimately it saved the city from potentially flushing 250k down the drain.

With that said. I wouldn't want to be a police officer in Covington this summer...

I did too, but looked into it more. It was a financial decision regarding the need to find staff and start preparing the 3 areas they service. Ultimately it saved the city from potentially flushing 250k down the drain.

With that said. I wouldn't want to be a police officer in Covington this summer...

I thought that decision was more of a convenient financial one than a CV one. It seems Covington always struggles to open the pools. I think it’s a shame. I can see delaying an opening but completely closing is a disservice to a community who needs this.

You are right, I would hate to be a Covington Police Officer.

I thought that decision was more of a convenient financial one than a CV one. It seems Covington always struggles to open the pools. I think it’s a shame. I can see delaying an opening but completely closing is a disservice to a community who needs this.

You are right, I would hate to be a Covington Police Officer.

I wonder if this decision will flow over into the private pools within NKY. I belong to the Taylor Mill Swim Club. I have already paid by dues.

I have done the same at Fort Thomas Swim Club and check has been cashed.

Just to demonstrate how old I am. When I was a teenager, our subdivision had its own swim club. Upstairs was a “teen club” that hosted Friday night dances; usually a local garage band played. Annual (summer, really) family membership covered five family members. The cost was forty bucks.

And not to brag, but I could do ANYTHING off that little one meter diving board. I did have an ego about it, though; taking my time to make sure that a few of the local hotties were watching.

Just to demonstrate how old I am. When I was a teenager, our subdivision had its own swim club. Upstairs was a “teen club” that hosted Friday night dances; usually a local garage band played. Annual (summer, really) family membership covered five family members. The cost was forty bucks.

And not to brag, but I could do ANYTHING off that little one meter diving board. I did have an ego about it, though; taking my time to make sure that a few of the local hotties were watching.

I think there was a Greek hieroglyph that showed the moment when you did that.

6602540349_3af52dc836_b.jpg

I wonder if this decision will flow over into the private pools within NKY. I belong to the Taylor Mill Swim Club. I have already paid by dues.

I would think they have to operate as if they were going to open on time, hence taking your money. Given our current time frame, I would bet they might delay a few weeks, but most certainly be open late June, early July.

Course, what do I know? We are all hoping and guessing.

I would think they have to operate as if they were going to open on time, hence taking your money. Given our current time frame, I would bet they might delay a few weeks, but most certainly be open late June, early July.

Course, what do I know? We are all hoping and guessing.

On time would be by Memorial Day weekend for most. That's far from a given. The issue with private swim clubs I guess would be what is specified in the membership contract. I would guess there would be some sort of clause in the contract that would address not being able to open.