Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

First, I said LIKELY to die. I'm not wishing them dead, I just don't want their number included in the Cov-19 big picture.

But is that what his whole shut-down, self incarcerate, safe distance, and restrict life is all about.

Good for your grandma. Good for my dad who also lived to be 97. BUT these are the most vulnerable of our population, and their deaths, either natural or because of Cov-19 are going to far outweigh the number of deaths brought about by this "crisis".

I want to know what the impact is to the normal "healthy" population.

I'm not wishing them/us dead, I just don't want their fatality numbers skewing the actual effect of this thing.

If god forbid my dad dies from this but wouldve have lived another 10 years. He and others damn well should be included in that statistic.

Their numbers aren't skewing anything. These are people that had their lives cut short because of this virus. Who knows how much longer many of them could've lived.

Now would it be nice if they provided both types of numbers. Sure. But that's not remotely what you are saying.

If god forbid my dad dies from this but wouldve have lived another 10 years. He and others damn well should be included in that statistics.

Now would it be nice if they provided both types of numbers. Sure. But that's not remotely what you said.

They. Don’t. Count.

First, I said LIKELY to die. I'm not wishing them dead, I just don't want their number included in the Cov-19 big picture.

But is that what his whole shut-down, self incarcerate, safe distance, and restrict life is all about.

Good for your grandma. Good for my dad who also lived to be 97. BUT these are the most vulnerable of our population, and their deaths, either natural or because of Cov-19 are going to far outweigh the number of deaths brought about by this "crisis".

I want to know what the impact is to the normal "healthy" population.

I'm not wishing them/us dead, I just don't want their fatality numbers skewing the actual effect of this thing.

Can you just man up and say you don’t care about the people dying from COVID-19 because it inconveniences you? Stop beating around the bush... If you want to be about that life, really be about it.

By some of the thinking being displayed, we should go back and adjust the death toll of 9/11 and other tragedies . Tick off those deaths of people who had preexisting conditions.

They were going to die in a decade or two if the plane wouldn’t crashed into the WTC.

By some of the thinking being displayed, we should go back and adjust the death toll of 9/11 and other tragedies . Tick off those deaths of people who had preexisting conditions.

They were going to die in a decade or two if the plane wouldn’t crashed into the WTC.

Probably WW2 as well. Some of those people definitely had pre-existing conditions.

Probably WW2 as well. Some of those people definitely had pre-existing conditions.

High blood pressure runs in both sides of my family, but I don’t have it yet.

Heaven forbid I get the CV and die, but I now wonder if I would count.

Can you just man up and say you don’t care about the people dying from COVID-19 because it inconveniences you? Stop beating around the bush... If you want to be about that life, really be about it.

Death's in the U.S. CDC

Heart disease: 647,457

Cancer: 599,108

Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936

Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201

Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383

Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404

Diabetes: 83,564

Influenza and pneumonia: 55,672

Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 50,633

Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173

Cases.jpg

Life comes with risks.

I do agree that these are extraordinary times.

I'm playing by all of the rules.

Doesn't mean I have to like it or like the way its being handled.

I'm just trying to provide some realistic view of the situation.

Doesn't mean I'm right - or wrong!

Death's in the U.S. CDC

[ATTACH=CONFIG]70265[/ATTACH]

Life comes with risks.

You’re comparing annualized numbers for all these other causes of death with basically 1 month of numbers for CV-19. At the current rate with the shutdown, CV 19 would be number 3 on the list annualized. Without it, it easily would have been number 1. That’s what’s real.

You’re comparing annualized numbers for all these other causes of death with basically 1 month of numbers for CV-19. At the current rate with the shutdown, CV 19 would be number 3 on the list annualized. Without it, it easily would have been number 1. That’s what’s real.

OK, Point well taken.

I agree these are extra-ordinary times and that this is a concentrated event.

But it is not the only thing that is a threat out there, and I do think the numbers are inflated as this event relates to the average normal healthy majority, who are being most effected with the side-effects of the disease.

I'm still not convinced that we haven't gone completely off of the deep end.

Death's in the U.S. CDC

[ATTACH=CONFIG]70265[/ATTACH]

Life comes with risks.

If a lockdown for a couple months would eliminate heart disease or cancer, would you be in favor of it?

That is the huge difference with CV19. We know we are saving thousands of lives by doing the lockdown.

Amazing when you look at those numbers just how pervasive heart disease is in the US. I truly hope - and am looking in the mirror on this one big time after seeing those numbers - people really take a moment to review how those numbers apply to them and move forward accordingly.

Appreciate the post...happy Easter to all!

Death's in the U.S. CDCHeart disease: 647,457Cancer: 599,108Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404Diabetes: 83,564Influenza and pneumonia: 55,672Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 50,633Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173[ATTACH=CONFIG]70265[/ATTACH]Life comes with risks.I do agree that these are extraordinary times.I'm playing by all of the rules. Doesn't mean I have to like it or like the way its being handled.I'm just trying to provide some realistic view of the situation.Doesn't mean I'm right - or wrong!

Oh you’re definitely wrong.

Man up...