Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

Are nursing home deaths not as important? That's a ridiculous and callous way of trying to spin this into "things aren't so bad".

 

I'm just being realistic. While I know that it sounds somewhat callous, these folks represent the most extremely vulnerable of our population, and were likely going to die of this or other causes within the next 6 to 12 months, or they wouldn't be in nursing homes.

 

I'd also like to see them exclude the number of deaths of folks who are 80 years old with existing conditions. That way we would have a much better handle on how this thing is effecting the general "normally healthy" public.

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

I'm just being realistic. While I know that it sounds somewhat callous, these folks represent the most extremely vulnerable of our population, and were likely going to die of this or other causes within the next 6 to 12 months, or they wouldn't be in nursing homes.

 

I'd also like to see them exclude the number of deaths of folks who are 80 years old with existing conditions. That way we would have a much better handle on how this thing is effecting the general "normally healthy" public.

 

Keep digging ...

I'm just being realistic. While I know that it sounds somewhat callous, these folks represent the most extremely vulnerable of our population, and were likely going to die of this or other causes within the next 6 to 12 months, or they wouldn't be in nursing homes.

 

I'd also like to see them exclude the number of deaths of folks who are 80 years old with existing conditions. That way we would have a much better handle on how this thing is effecting the general "normally healthy" public.

 

One day I might be in a nursing home. I’d like to have as much time as I can, and the thought that someone would just write that off as being inevitable, and not that big of a deal, because I was going to die eventually of something, would really suck.

  • Author
I'm just being realistic. While I know that it sounds somewhat callous, these folks represent the most extremely vulnerable of our population, and were likely going to die of this or other causes within the next 6 to 12 months, or they wouldn't be in nursing homes.

 

I'd also like to see them exclude the number of deaths of folks who are 80 years old with existing conditions. That way we would have a much better handle on how this thing is effecting the general "normally healthy" public.

 

My word, might as well vaccinate them at 80 while you’re at it. Then just throw them in a potter’s grave. They were old enough, they had their time. They were going to die anyway.

EVXpfafWAAYjCv5.jpg

 

That doesn't look good.

I'm just being realistic. While I know that it sounds somewhat callous, these folks represent the most extremely vulnerable of our population, and were likely going to die of this or other causes within the next 6 to 12 months, or they wouldn't be in nursing homes.

 

I'd also like to see them exclude the number of deaths of folks who are 80 years old with existing conditions. That way we would have a much better handle on how this thing is effecting the general "normally healthy" public.

 

Die of other causes the next 6-12 months anyway? What are you talking about?

 

My family was sure glad that my Great Gma lasted a lot longer than that in a nursing home. She lived to be 103 because of the care her nursing home provided.

 

That whole statement is far more than callous.

As of this evening, UofL has discovered a way to decontaminate N95 facemasks using vaporized hydrogen peroxide. Pretty huge deal.

 

I don't know if that's a "world's first", but that seems like some Nobel Prize kind of stuff to me.

Die of other causes the next 6-12 months anyway? What are you talking about?

My family was sure glad that my Great Gma lasted a lot longer than that in a nursing home. She lived to be 103 because of the care her nursing home provided.

 

That whole statement is far more than callous.

 

First, I said LIKELY to die. I'm not wishing them dead, I just don't want their number included in the Cov-19 big picture.

 

But is that what his whole shut-down, self incarcerate, safe distance, and restrict life is all about.

Good for your grandma. Good for my dad who also lived to be 97. BUT these are the most vulnerable of our population, and their deaths, either natural or because of Cov-19 are going to far outweigh the number of deaths brought about by this "crisis".

I want to know what the impact is to the normal "healthy" population.

 

I'm not wishing them/us dead, I just don't want their fatality numbers skewing the actual effect of this thing.

One day I might be in a nursing home. I’d like to have as much time as I can, and the thought that someone would just write that off as being inevitable, and not that big of a deal, because I was going to die eventually of something, would really suck.

 

I might too. I'm talking numbers here. Only numbers.

Again, I'd like to see the number of deaths among the elderly with underlying issues, and those who are in nursing homes not be included in this Cov-19 crisis big picture.

As of this evening, UofL has discovered a way to decontaminate N95 facemasks using vaporized hydrogen peroxide. Pretty huge deal.

 

I don't know if that's a "world's first", but that seems like some Nobel Prize kind of stuff to me.

 

There is a company in Ohio named Battelle that received FDA approval to do this on April 2. They can decontaminate 80,000 masks a day and using their process a mask can be reused 20 times. Search Google and you will find a couple newspaper articles on it.

And then there’s the Mississippi doctor who’s McGyvering emergency ventilators out of garden hoses and lamp timers from box stores. Says they can be made in 20 minutes and used in a pinch.

 

I’ve been on a ventilator to stay alive. Would I want to have been on this one? Not really. Is it a workable stopgap in the event of a critical shortage and a testament to good old American ingenuity? I say yes.

First, I said LIKELY to die. I'm not wishing them dead, I just don't want their number included in the Cov-19 big picture.

 

But is that what his whole shut-down, self incarcerate, safe distance, and restrict life is all about.

Good for your grandma. Good for my dad who also lived to be 97. BUT these are the most vulnerable of our population, and their deaths, either natural or because of Cov-19 are going to far outweigh the number of deaths brought about by this "crisis".

I want to know what the impact is to the normal "healthy" population.

 

I'm not wishing them/us dead, I just don't want their fatality numbers skewing the actual effect of this thing.

 

If they didn’t die until they got CV-19, the Virus is what killed them. That’s not “skewing” any numbers, just because they were old or had underlying issues. Currently, there are over 20,000 dead in this country that would still be alive if the virus hadn’t shown up. That is the big picture. Regardless of how you try to trivialize this, those are the facts. You may not be wishing them dead, but you certainly are acting like their deaths don’t matter.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.