Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

54 cases and 14 deaths for Kentucky.

 

The #of deaths per total cases is not good.

 

The majority of the ones they test are severe. There are many with symptoms that they don’t test. So obviously there will be more deaths to go along with reported cases, since the reported cases are the ones who are severe. So that number and ratio doesn’t tell us anything.

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

Have to account for the likelihood of hundreds of thousands to millions of asymptotic people also.

 

You think millions are already infected and asymptomatic in Kentucky?

The majority of the ones they test are severe. There are many with symptoms that they don’t test. So obviously there will be more deaths to go along with reported cases, since the reported cases are the ones who are severe. So that number and ratio doesn’t tell us anything.

Agree. My nephew works at a shelter for troubled youth in Minneapolis. They could not shut down because these kids would have nowhere to go. Nephew went to doc with all the symptoms, and after he learned that a coworker had it. Doc said that he probably has it, but his fever was not high enough to test him. So he was miserably ill this weekend at home, and his fever finally broke. He’s about 27 and healthy otherwise.

The majority of the ones they test are severe. There are many with symptoms that they don’t test. So obviously there will be more deaths to go along with reported cases, since the reported cases are the ones who are severe. So that number and ratio doesn’t tell us anything.

 

Doesn't change the fact that out of those who have tested positive the death rate is too high.

Doesn't change the fact that out of those who have tested positive the death rate is too high.

 

Well it seems they’re only testing the worst of the worst, so it stands to reason that it only makes sense that the death rate high compared to those tested.

Anyone else find themselves bouncing back and forth from “this isn’t as bad as it’s being made out to be because they are cherry picking the ones they test”, to “we’re all going to die!”?

Well it seems they’re only testing the worst of the worst, so it stands to reason that it only makes sense that the death rate high compared to those tested.

I’m one of the lucky ones.

Anyone else find themselves bouncing back and forth from “this isn’t as bad as it’s being made out to be because they are cherry picking the ones they test”, to “we’re all going to die!”?

 

I keep trying to figure that out. Post #1252 in this thread was an attempt to figure it out by comparing states.

 

I came away more confused than confirmed. NY (NYC area) is the epicenter of the worst situation. Is it a unique spot or is it the future? Let's hope its unique - and it likely is - or the ride is going to be bad medically to go with the economic catastrophe that is occurring and just getting started.

Anyone else find themselves bouncing back and forth from “this isn’t as bad as it’s being made out to be because they are cherry picking the ones they test”, to “we’re all going to die!”?
I go back and forth every day.
Anyone else find themselves bouncing back and forth from “this isn’t as bad as it’s being made out to be because they are cherry picking the ones they test”, to “we’re all going to die!”?

 

Absolutely. I still keep going back to the fact that if, at the end of this (first run), we end up with 30 million people infected...that still leaves 300 million "ripe for the picking" for this thing to start all over again. And, as The Deuce pointed out, once we release these social restrictions...ain't nobody going back. THAT is when I fear it may truly get ugly.

You think millions are already infected and asymptomatic in Kentucky?

 

Not millions, no... But it would only take a few thousand for that death percentage to be significantly lower. I definitely think there are or have been several thousand that were/are asymptomatic.

You think millions are already infected and asymptomatic in Kentucky?

 

I don’t know the number but I think it would be stunning. A city in Italy that was locked down to the point of only groceries/pharmacies, had a large group of people tested the other day and 80% had the virus with no symptoms, under extreme lockdown.

 

Again, I don’t know a number but if we all got a kit in the mail today, I think the results would be shocking.

You think millions are already infected and asymptomatic in Kentucky?

 

I don’t know the number but I think it would be stunning. A city in Italy that was locked down to the point of only groceries/pharmacies, had a large group of people tested the other day and 80% had the virus with no symptoms, under extreme lockdown.

 

Again, I don’t know a number but if we all got a kit in the mail today, I think the results would be shocking.

 

I wonder how "airborne" it is. I've seen footage of China and other Asian nations fog spraying the streets and cars. None of that is being done here.

I wonder how "airborne" it is. I've seen footage of China and other Asian nations fog spraying the streets and cars. None of that is being done here.

 

Dr. Fauci said you can get it by talking to people.

I don’t know the number but I think it would be stunning. A city in Italy that was locked down to the point of only groceries/pharmacies, had a large group of people tested the other day and 80% had the virus with no symptoms, under extreme lockdown.

 

Again, I don’t know a number but if we all got a kit in the mail today, I think the results would be shocking.

 

In a way, I hope you're right...at least to the extent that those asymptomatic persons have antibodies and probably are now immune for a while. All this adds to the "herd."

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.