Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

I just heard on the radio that KY's response was rated highest in nation.

 

I saw that shared several times on social media this weekend, for whatever that's worth.

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

TN has 3294 active cases vs KY 604

TN has tested 45k+, which is amazing, vs. KY 18k+

 

TN deaths 44

KY deaths 45

TN has 3294 active cases vs KY 604

TN has tested 45k+, which is amazing, vs. KY 18k+

 

TN deaths 44

KY deaths 45

 

I believe some say we have tested more than the numbers show.

I believe some say we have tested more than the numbers show.

 

That was the number quoted yesterday, but not near 45K. How is TN getting that many tests?

That was the number quoted yesterday, but not near 45K. How is TN getting that many tests?

 

I am just saying that some people claim we have tested far more than the 18k we officially show. I don't know how many or why we can't report that number.

 

I also don't have an answer to your question.

I am just saying that some people claim we have tested far more than the 18k we officially show. I don't know how many or why we can't report that number.

 

I also don't have an answer to your question.

 

I heard the same thing about tests. If we have 18k unreported that would put us at 36k+. That seems comparable. I have a lot of questions.

COVID-19

 

This study is now projecting less than 100k deaths in the US. Less than 1k in Ohio and Tennessee, but 1,700 in Kentucky. I wonder why Kentucky is projected to have almost 1,000 more than neighboring states?

 

Maybe poor overall health in KY? Aren’t we one of the worst in the country for healthcare or something like that?

I saw a tweet that said there are 9 current cases of COVID 19 at Vandy and that the number of total patients in the hospital is nearly half of what it normally is. Apparently their ER was dead all day yesterday.

 

An employee of a large nursing home chain told me yesterday that flu cases are way down.....in Louisville. Maybe that's true in Nashville, too.

I saw a tweet that said there are 9 current cases of COVID 19 at Vandy and that the number of total patients in the hospital is nearly half of what it normally is. Apparently their ER was dead all day yesterday.

 

I have seen several news reports of hospital staff/health care workers being put out of work in non-Covid-19 fields.

I have seen several news reports of hospital staff/health care workers being put out of work in non-Covid-19 fields.

 

Would that be people in elective healthcare fields?

Edited by Hellcats
Autocorrect

Now that we know cats (a Tiger in New York and pet cat in Belgium) both have tested positive for the coronavirus common sense would seem to dictate that several species of animals are part of the virus continuum. Scary for sure! But the larger issue here is under our current mandate how long will we "need to stay in quarantine" if some of those species can infect a human being? Spit-balling here, I would say at least until this time next year.

 

Anyone?

Would that be people in elective healthcare fields?

 

I would say any/all medical fields that are non-Covid-19. If ERs are dead, hospitals will reduce staffing in short order. For example, with many fewer people out and about there should be far less accidents/injuries requiring medical attention.

My girlfriend who is an occupational therapist just got an email from her employer asking if she’d be willing to go to NKY to a COVID “center.” So while some places may not be getting hit hard at the moment, others clearly are.

I have seen several news reports of hospital staff/health care workers being put out of work in non-Covid-19 fields.

 

Was supposed to have a very expensive heart procedure the on the 17th. Cancelled. That's over $150,000 not billing - for one patient for one day. Multiply that by hundreds or more.

 

This is bleeding the healthcare industry as bad as anybusiness. Dentists and Orthos are also getting killed by this.

My girlfriend who is an occupational therapist just got an email from her employer asking if she’d be willing to go to NKY to a COVID “center.” So while some places may not be getting hit hard at the moment, others clearly are.

 

From the NKY Health Department:

 

FLORENCE, Ky. — As of 4:30 p.m. Sunday, April 5, 13 additional cases of COVID-19 have been identified in Northern Kentucky, for 126 total cases....

 

==========

 

I am not doubting you at all Deuce but 126 total cases in NKY doesn't seem like the kind of overflow that would require outside the area healthcare workers, especially considering so many other healthcare workers have very little work at the present.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.