Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

I have just not seen the activity many on here are describing. My footprint is the Highlands area of Louisville to downtown. Bardstown Road and Baxter Avenue are dead zones. So is downtown. I still work outside the home at least 4-5 hours a day. We do take drives around town to get out and break the tedium........again, people seem to be following the recommendations. Maybe I need to get out more and/or go to different places.

I have just not seen the activity many on here are describing. My footprint is the Highlands area of Louisville to downtown. Bardstown Road and Baxter Avenue are dead zones. So is downtown. I still work outside the home at least 4-5 hours a day. We do take drives around town to get out and break the tedium........again, people seem to be following the recommendations. Maybe I need to get out more and/or go to different places.

I am seeing the same lower activity as you are. Even Kroger is much less crowded than I have seen it, much less. Still busy though at times. Home Depot and Lowe's both were monitoring how many people were in the store and controlling the numbers to keep it lower.

In Great Britain, you are allowed out of the house one time a day for exercise or to get what you need from a store. If you are out walking, if you sit on a bench the police will tell you to get up and keep moving. They say you are out for exercise, not to hang out. Some countries are being more strict than the US.

On the other side, some countries are doing no shutdown. I heard Sweden is not shutting down. They are telling people to work from home if they can, practice social distancing but no restrictions beyond that advisory. They also now have gone to no gatherings over 50 people, so they are headed toward a shutdown but not yet.

In Great Britain, you are allowed out of the house one time a day for exercise or to get what you need from a store. If you are out walking, if you sit on a bench the police will tell you to get up and keep moving. They say you are out for exercise, not to hang out. Some countries are being more strict than the US.

On the other side, some countries are doing no shutdown. I heard Sweden is not shutting down. They are telling people to work from home if they can, practice social distancing but no restrictions beyond that advisory. They also now have gone to no gatherings over 50 people, so they are headed toward a shutdown but not yet.

Sweden is a country that can likely get away with that, among some others. People rarely travel there outside of for pleasure and most people aren't taking vacations right now. Completely different scenario compared to what we have going on here.

Well yeah. That area is 70% bars and restaurants, all of which are closed to in-person dining.

3 straight days of decline in NYC. We’re gonna break it’s back in April, then we see what a slow recovery starts to look like in May.

I hope you're right, but Easter worries me in the Bible belt. New York may have this whipped, but I fear we may be just beginning.

COVID-19

This study is now projecting less than 100k deaths in the US. Less than 1k in Ohio and Tennessee, but 1,700 in Kentucky. I wonder why Kentucky is projected to have almost 1,000 more than neighboring states?

That's strange and makes little sense. Why would KY's mortality rate be that high vs. TN?

Does the TN stay at order impact?

COVID-19

This study is now projecting less than 100k deaths in the US. Less than 1k in Ohio and Tennessee, but 1,700 in Kentucky. I wonder why Kentucky is projected to have almost 1,000 more than neighboring states?

Might change again. Initially that same data suggested KY wouldn't peak until I think May 15th, now it's saying April 21st for peak on resources and 25th for peak deaths.

That's strange and makes little sense. Why would KY's mortality rate be that high vs. TN?

Does the TN stay at order impact?

Side by side.

Screen Shot 2020-04-06 at 10.57.30 AM.jpg

Less peak, shorter period for Tennessee. No idea why. Tennessee's hot spots are Memphis and Nashville. Kentucky's somewhat hot spot is Louisville. This make sense since the more dense areas are having the most issues.

No idea. I thought that could be the case as well though.

I just heard on the radio that KY's response was rated highest in nation. I think something is fishy with TN numbers. They sure have a lot of cases and nearly the same amount of deaths as KY. IF that is true the nation needs to get down there and see what is happening at Vandy.

COVID-19

Complete and total speculation here but from the beginning of this, I've sorted of wondered if our population of smokers in our state would raise the deaths for Kentucky compared to others? I have no data, just assumptions. But I made the assumption that we have more smokers per capita than other states and I wondered if that would play any factor?

I admit, totally spitballing here.

I just heard on the radio that KY's response was rated highest in nation. I think something is fishy with TN numbers. They sure have a lot of cases and nearly the same amount of deaths as KY. IF that is true the nation needs to get down there and see what is happening at Vandy.

I saw a tweet that said there are 9 current cases of COVID 19 at Vandy and that the number of total patients in the hospital is nearly half of what it normally is. Apparently their ER was dead all day yesterday.