Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

From the NKY Health Department:

FLORENCE, Ky. — As of 4:30 p.m. Sunday, April 5, 13 additional cases of COVID-19 have been identified in Northern Kentucky, for 126 total cases....

==========

I am not doubting you at all Deuce but 126 total cases in NKY doesn't seem like the kind of overflow that would require outside the area healthcare workers, especially considering so many other healthcare workers have very little work at the present.

They are trying to staff "centers" like that with nurses age 55 and younger, ideally no one at home, or at least no at-risk household members (children under 8 years of age, adults over 55 years of age, and otherwise immuno-compromised individuals).

They are trying to staff "centers" like that with nurses age 55 and younger, ideally no one at home, or at least no at-risk household members (children under 8 years of age, adults over 55 years of age, and otherwise immuno-compromised individuals).

That makes sense, thanks Dubs.

As to the relatively low numbers of deaths in TN, it is very likely due to demographics. My guess is TN has a higher population in the under 50 age group which would cause a lower death rate. That is one reason why Gremany had a lower death rate. In Germany there were larger numbers of under 50 year olds getting the virus which caused a lower death rate.

I saw a tweet that said there are 9 current cases of COVID 19 at Vandy and that the number of total patients in the hospital is nearly half of what it normally is. Apparently their ER was dead all day yesterday.

Similar to our small town here. I've wondered how many ER patients have "stayed home" from whatever their maladies are that would lead to an ER visit. Makes me think the people who use ER as a Doctor's Office are being a little more cautious these days.

I have seen several news reports of hospital staff/health care workers being put out of work in non-Covid-19 fields.

Our local hospital furloughed a ton of ER staff in order to keep on floor staff at maximum.

Reports of farmers have to destroy crops or dump milk, etc. that was targeted for local restaurants.

I have several friends on Facebook that have posted things from Ohio dairy farmers who have had to dump their milk, which is just bizarre given the fact that a lot of stores are limiting how much milk you can buy. I understand you want to limit the contact with the haulers and the farmers...but, this isn't much different than hauling dry goods from a warehouse to the stores.

The bad, and sad, fact is that you can't just stop milking a cow. There's no switch that can be turned on and off. So, farmers are not only still having to feed their cows, but they still have to milk them too.

Projections by COVIDACTNOW.org for the state of Kentucky.

If we do nothing in Kentucky they project 47000 deaths by the end of this.

With the measures currently in place in Kentucky, and poor compliance to the measures, they project 13,000 deaths.

With the measures currently in place in Kentucky, and strict compliance to the measures, they project 2,000 deaths.

Untitled3.jpg

I have seen several news reports of hospital staff/health care workers being put out of work in non-Covid-19 fields.

I have heard that partly explained by two factors. Few if any elective surgeries. Fewer trauma patients (car accidents down, for example).

I can also anecdotally confirm that outpatient physical therapy is on the back burner.

I have several friends on Facebook that have posted things from Ohio dairy farmers who have had to dump their milk, which is just bizarre given the fact that a lot of stores are limiting how much milk you can buy. I understand you want to limit the contact with the haulers and the farmers...but, this isn't much different than hauling dry goods from a warehouse to the stores.

The bad, and sad, fact is that you can't just stop milking a cow. There's no switch that can be turned on and off. So, farmers are not only still having to feed their cows, but they still have to milk them too.

Until something of this magnitude occurs, it is hard to fathom just how many walks of life are intertwined.

With the measures currently in place in Kentucky, and poor compliance to the measures, they project 13,000 deaths.

With the measures currently in place in Kentucky, and strict compliance to the measures, they project 2,000 deaths.

[ATTACH]70171[/ATTACH]

That's just for the first wave. Some think this will come and go until we have a vaccine.

[ATTACH]70171[/ATTACH]

All these projections like this one seem to assume the same ineptitude the US had in the first 3 months of this. I would like to see a projection showing immediate testing with quarantine of back tracked contacts.

That's just for the first wave. Some think this will come and go until we have a vaccine.

Better do as good of a job as we can do to mitigate it this first time. When things are relaxed, there’s no chance we get everything scaled back again like it is now.