Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

2. No disparaging, taunting, or boastful comments--especially between opponents trying to intimidate each other. This includes, name calling or personal attacks toward any member, username, team, or school. Additionally this includes a pattern of posts that inflames or incites other posters (i.e. trolling or gaslighting).

Kroger is pitching in to help with drive thru testing sites, supposedly will be able to test up to 20,000 people in the next two weeks.

I have heard this as well. Kroger is partnering with the state government. Drive through testing is supposed to start Monday in Frankfort.

Kroger is pitching in to help with drive thru testing sites, supposedly will be able to test up to 20,000 people in the next two weeks.

This is awesome.

I thought other big box stores were starting this weeks ago.

This is awesome.

I thought other big box stores were starting this weeks ago.

I don't know if I like it. The thought of sending sick people to get tested at the same place that distributes food doesn't sound like the smartest move at least initially. I will never be convinced that someone isn't going to go get a loaf of bread, milk, and some bacon before they go get themselves tested.

I don't know if I like it. The thought of sending sick people to get tested at the same place that distributes food doesn't sound like the smartest move at least initially. I will never be convinced that someone isn't going to go get a loaf of bread, milk, and some bacon before the go get themselves tested.

I thought the same thing.

I don't know if I like it. The thought of sending sick people to get tested at the same place that distributes food doesn't sound like the smartest move at least initially. I will never be convinced that someone isn't going to go get a loaf of bread, milk, and some bacon before they go get themselves tested.

Agreed! They should set up sites outside schools. Big empty parking lots and nothing else going on.

Agreed! They should set up sites outside schools. Big empty parking lots and nothing else going on.

Our site is the Martinsville Speedway. Great place to host it since odds are there won’t be racing their next month.

I thought the same thing.

Where on the premises will Kroger set up the drive thru testing?

Where on the premises will Kroger set up the drive thru testing?

Good question, at my Kroger and a couple of others I am familiar with, I do not believe they have near enough space to do it.

I like what @Beechwoodfan suggested it, set up a site at the most accessible high school in each county and roll with it. More than one school per county if needed but you get the idea.

It’s not going to be at every Kroger, I’d imagine. The company is just pitching in to help where they can.

But to humor the idea of it not being safe, what’s unsafe about a drive thru testing center where people don’t leave their cars? How could that possibly affect people grocery shopping?

How is that different than now? That same person could walk in and grab a load of bread right now.