Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

Exactly. Then “Karen” is usually on her phone, too, which I detest (except for when someone is discussing what is being purchased.

 

On a side note, I've read that "Carol" is the new "Karen". I still haven't watched Tiger King either.

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

So what is it going to be everyone? @gametime it sounds like you are proposing the 18 month shutdown model.

The economy would not survive or bounce back at 18 months.

I know what I am about to say is pretty petty, but I can’t help myself...

 

Regarding grocery store etiquette in the CV era. I believe that most people have their home well stocked with the basics by now, and only go for small runs for other things. The mister and I like to run in, get what we need and get out, respecting social distancing as much as possible.

 

Last week, the mister went into Kroger to pick up a few things. There was a woman standing by an item he needed. He waited a moment, then said excuse me and reached around her. She yelled at him for getting too close.

 

Today I went in to get a few items, one of which was jalapeños. There was a man standing in front of the display case, his cart blocking half the peppers and his body the rest. He literally seemed to be agonizing over what size his bell pepper should be. Mindful of the mister’s experience, I picked up a couple of other vegetable needs, and then went back to where he was still agonizing. I moved closer so that he was aware that I was waiting (at this point I wanted to check to see if he had fallen asleep standing up). He gave me the skunk eye, grabbed his pepper and moved on.

 

I know that this should probably fall into the rant section of BGP, but seriously! GET YOUR STUFF AND MOVE ON! Social distancing is very important to PLEASE try to avoid dilly dallying in public places!

 

I'm not a stockpiler. I like fresh foods and shop at least 5 times a week for groceries. Fortunately, nearly everybody that I have encountered has been incredibly friendly to each other. Folks have really been on their best behavior here.

 

About the worst I have seen is grumbling about having to wait in line to get in, and even most of that was just banter among people in the same boat.

I am curious to know the rationale behind this curfew. Since restaurants and bars are closed, the only people out would be those who work other jobs. 9pm - 5am seems like the least dangerous time to be out. I know some work places who are extending their hours to accommodate social distancing and offer more flexible hours to employees who are at risk or have kids at home. Doesn’t that kind of curtail that option?

 

The curfew was passed on the basis of 200 complaints of people not strictly adhering to the stay at home order. There are 1.2 million people in Hillsborough County. A proposal was narrowly defeated that would have required all people in the county to wear masks when not in their homes.

The curfew was passed on the basis of 200 complaints of people not strictly adhering to the stay at home order. There are 1.2 million people in Hillsborough County. A proposal was narrowly defeated that would have required all people in the county to wear masks when not in their homes.

 

As is often the case, squeaky wheel gets the grease. I would bet a whole lot more than 200 are complaining on the other side today.

So what is it going to be everyone? @gametime it sounds like you are proposing the 18 month shutdown model.

 

I'm not proposing anything, just speaking to the reality we are likely facing. If we go back to "normal" too soon, there are going to be a lot of uncomfortable decisions to be made about how to handle people that have come in contact with the virus.

 

I am also speaking from the reality of someone that has a wife that is compromised and is currently living with the reality that carelessness at any given moment could cost my wife her life. That's not a great mental state to live with through all of this.

I'm not a stockpiler. I like fresh foods and shop at least 5 times a week for groceries. Fortunately, nearly everybody that I have encountered has been incredibly friendly to each other. Folks have really been on their best behavior here.

 

About the worst I have seen is grumbling about having to wait in line to get in, and even most of that was just banter among people in the same boat.

 

I always keep at least a month's supply of frozen meat and chicken on hand. I buy it fresh in bulk, cut it up, and freeze it, as we did on the farm when I was a kid when we slaughtered a beef or a hog. I also maintain a large supply of canned goods for hurricane season. I haven't been in a Publix or BJ's in over 3 weeks. Publix delivers and BJ's has curbside pickup. CVS delivers prescriptions and over the counter meds.

 

Mother's restaurant in Westchase has teamed up with a local farmer's coop to deliver fresh produce. With that, I could go another month or two without entering a grocery.

Debated on sharing this. But here it is.

 

This situation hit close and hard. It involves a former co-worker who I and many others admired . He was someone I was sponsoring and mentoring for the next level before our function was thrown to the winds last year (90% layoffs). After originally being part of that last year upper management realized he was still critically needed and he stayed on. But he was looking since that time since the writing was clearly on the wall. We talked on Friday, April 3rd. It was his last day at our old company. He had found a perfect position with a large international dynamic company but would be working in the local office - perfect for him. He was a bit worried about his husband, a manager for a grocery store. His husband was getting tested for COVID since he was exhibiting some symptoms.

 

I found out yesterday he had a sudden and massive heart attack and passed last Friday (10th) at home, with his spouse - who was quarantined since the COVID test had come back positive.

 

There is no point here to be made and not looking for any sympathy. It does show that this overall situation is terrible. It is terrible for all of us. Its terrible for company executives, managers, workers, political leaders at all levels and everyone. No one has answers at their finger tips and there are risks with all decisions at this point. The perfect solution does not exist and there will likely be losses of someone close for most of us before this overall situation is done.

 

So be nice to each over and do take care all.

I'm not a stockpiler. I like fresh foods and shop at least 5 times a week for groceries. Fortunately, nearly everybody that I have encountered has been incredibly friendly to each other. Folks have really been on their best behavior here.

 

About the worst I have seen is grumbling about having to wait in line to get in, and even most of that was just banter among people in the same boat.

 

I would say that's pushing the limit.

I would say that's pushing the limit.

 

I work in at a facility that has nearly 5,000 employees. Taking care of myself and others at a grocery store is easy.

Debated on sharing this. But here it is.

 

This situation hit close and hard. It involves a former co-worker who I and many others admired . He was someone I was sponsoring and mentoring for the next level before our function was thrown to the winds last year (90% layoffs). After originally being part of that last year upper management realized he was still critically needed and he stayed on. But he was looking since that time since the writing was clearly on the wall. We talked on Friday, April 3rd. It was his last day at our old company. He had found a perfect position with a large international dynamic company but would be working in the local office - perfect for him. He was a bit worried about his husband, a manager for a grocery store. His husband was getting tested for COVID since he was exhibiting some symptoms.

 

I found out yesterday he had a sudden and massive heart attack and passed last Friday (10th) at home, with his spouse - who was quarantined since the COVID test had come back positive.

 

There is no point here to be made and not looking for any sympathy. It does show that this overall situation is terrible. It is terrible for all of us. Its terrible for company executives, managers, workers, political leaders at all levels and everyone. No one has answers at their finger tips and there are risks with all decisions at this point. The perfect solution does not exist and there will likely be losses of someone close for most of us before this overall situation is done.

 

So be nice to each over and do take care all.

 

Life has some very tragic sucker punches. I am so sorry about your friend/coworker.

I always keep at least a month's supply of frozen meat and chicken on hand. I buy it fresh in bulk, cut it up, and freeze it, as we did on the farm when I was a kid when we slaughtered a beef or a hog. I also maintain a large supply of canned goods for hurricane season. I haven't been in a Publix or BJ's in over 3 weeks. Publix delivers and BJ's has curbside pickup. CVS delivers prescriptions and over the counter meds.

 

Mother's restaurant in Westchase has teamed up with a local farmer's coop to deliver fresh produce. With that, I could go another month or two without entering a grocery.

 

I had gotten in the habit of ordering all of my meat from Wild Fork in Fort Lauderdale. They delivered in our area 3 days a week. Right now you have to keep trying until you hit a window. I'm super happy with the quality.

Good question, at my Kroger and a couple of others I am familiar with, I do not believe they have near enough space to do it.

 

I like what @Beechwoodfan suggested it, set up a site at the most accessible high school in each county and roll with it. More than one school per county if needed but you get the idea.

 

Paul Blazer in Ashland has been doing that for a while now I believe. I do know they're at least using the campus and gym to screen possible patients.

The testing that's being done with the assistance of Kroger is ONLY to test to see if someone currently has the virus correct? It does not show if you've previously had the virus?

Paul Blazer in Ashland has been doing that for a while now I believe. I do know they're at least using the campus and gym to screen possible patients.

 

That's what they've done in NKY at Summit View Academy for the Kroger little clinic drive thru testing.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.