Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

The testing that's being done with the assistance of Kroger is ONLY to test to see if someone currently has the virus correct? It does not show if you've previously had the virus?

 

To know that someone has previously had the virus requires use of one of the antibody tests, where the swab sample tests to find out whether or not the individual who gave the sample has the antibodies present that their body forms to fight the COVID-19 virus. Those antibodies remain in the body to fight off future infections by COVID-19.

 

Gravity Diagnostics is performing the testing for Kroger. Two days ago someone asked on Gravity Diagnostics' Facebook page whether or not they are testing for the antibodies, and the response from Gravity Diagnostics was "At this time, we are taking it day by day to understand how we can expand our ability to test during this crisis. While we do not currently have the ability to do that testing, we are certainly not ruling it out if it becomes feasible."

 

I would have to assume that response means the drive-through testing offered by the state in partnership with Kroger is not able to see if a person has previously had the virus.

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

I'm not proposing anything, just speaking to the reality we are likely facing. If we go back to "normal" too soon, there are going to be a lot of uncomfortable decisions to be made about how to handle people that have come in contact with the virus.

 

I am also speaking from the reality of someone that has a wife that is compromised and is currently living with the reality that carelessness at any given moment could cost my wife her life. That's not a great mental state to live with through all of this.

I'm so sorry that you and your wife have this to worry about, on top of everything else. I wish that those that are so callous and only seem to worry about the fun they are missing in their lives or the economic consequences of a shutdown would really put themselves in your position.

A new study says the malaria drug does not show enough signals of effectiveness to be of clinical benefit. More studies are under way but this is not good news. Finding an effective therapeutic treatment would open the doors to normal.

Dr. Fauci just said summer sports with no fans. I’ll take it.

Kensahealth.com has over a million thermometers that they use to do surveillance and they post data per county. Jefferson County had illness level of 6% on March 19 and it is now .12%. Shows the social distancing is working. I think another two weeks this virus will be seriously diminishing. Usually about a 23 day lag for new cases to run course due to incubation time and to go through the illness so I think we have hit peak and should be declining soon if not now.

Dr. Fauci just said summer sports with no fans. I’ll take it.

 

If safe, I would love it. The other night I am so starved for sports I actually watched Major League II and III. Those are terrible compared to the first one. But then again, it was baseball.

Dr. Fauci just said summer sports with no fans. I’ll take it.

 

Interesting. Teams have to practice with tons of ancillary staff working. They all have to eat, travel, and stay in hotel rooms. I know there was talk of MLB playing all games in Arizona. Even if you limit it to no fans, it still seems like a lot more exposures.

 

Personally, I am a horse racing fan. I have been so glad that some tracks have continued to run with no fans. Payouts have been a little better too. Maybe this will get some interest from the younger generation, and boost interest even after this is all over.

If safe, I would love it. The other night I am so starved for sports I actually watched Major League II and III. Those are terrible compared to the first one. But then again, it was baseball.

 

"Jesus, I like him very much, but he no help with curveball."

 

"You tryin' to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?"

If safe, I would love it. The other night I am so starved for sports I actually watched Major League II and III. Those are terrible compared to the first one. But then again, it was baseball.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

A new study says the malaria drug does not show enough signals of effectiveness to be of clinical benefit. More studies are under way but this is not good news. Finding an effective therapeutic treatment would open the doors to normal.

 

Some tests were ended early because of side effects of cardiac issues and suicidal tendencies.

Some tests were ended early because of side effects of cardiac issues and suicidal tendencies.

 

Yes, side effects were a problem. I read diarrhea was a common side effect.

Hopefully, the plasma therapy will work. Many volunteers from those who have had COVID but are no longer infected will be needed. Each plasma donation will be enough for only one or two patients, though. But, if it works, then one treatment/infusion will do the trick. I encourage all persons who fall into this donor category to volunteer.

If safe, I would love it. The other night I am so starved for sports I actually watched Major League II and III. Those are terrible compared to the first one. But then again, it was baseball.

 

The way Harry Doyle commentates on the “boxing match” between Vaughn and Hayes is a big highlight from the second though. One of my favorite parts in the franchise.

 

“Hayes is trying to hit Vaughn! And why not? Everybody else has!”

 

“Vaughn is hanging his left a little low! That could hurt him in later rounds.”

I'm so sorry that you and your wife have this to worry about, on top of everything else. I wish that those that are so callous and only seem to worry about the fun they are missing in their lives or the economic consequences of a shutdown would really put themselves in your position.

 

I've just tried to keep my mind busy with work and the fundraising efforts. I hate being selfish, but this is true life or death stuff if it ever finds the way to our front door. To see what it did to my friend Jody Demling is terrifying. Thankfully he made it through to the other side.

Some tests were ended early because of side effects of cardiac issues and suicidal tendencies.

 

Assume this is the study that is referenced:

 

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.07.20056424v1.full.pdf

 

From the study:

 

Eligible participants were allocated to receive orally or via nasogastric tube high dose CQ (600mg CQ twice daily for 10 days or total dose 12g); or low dose CQ (450mg for 5 days, twice daily only on the first day, or total dose 2.7g). In addition, all patients received ceftriaxone and azithromycin.

 

Issue 1 - HCQ is the recommend drug compound, NOT CQ. CQ is known to have undesirable side effects. So they used the non-recommended compound in their study.

Issue 2 - Ultra high dosage in a twice a day dose for 10 days. And apparently poor EKG monitoring.

 

Further:

 

The high dose CQ arm presented more QTc>500ms (25%), and a trend toward higher lethality (17%) than the lower dosage.

 

So the finding was that the absolute reckless dosage created QTc issues - a known potential side effect. The low (recommended) dosage did not exhibit this issue. And still - they used CQ vs. the recommended HCQ.

 

QTc is the interval of the sinus rhythm heartbest (P-QRST cycle). BTW, they seem to believe an interval over 500 ms is bad (half a second). Concern starts when this number is above 420 and this becomes a real issue if the number exceeds 450.

 

This study was bad. And reckless. And did not reflect the recommend treatment methods.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.