Mike Rogers New Nelson County Head Coach

Mike was an assistant at Nelson County about 25-26 years ago, and I know he coached at Warren Central and Christian County, if memory serves?  Someone help an old man out.

• Thanks 1

This is what Nelson County put on social media

Nelson County Athletics

We are excited to announce Coach Mike Rogers as the new Head Football Coach for the Nelson County Cardinals. Coach Rogers started his career here at Nelson County and has returned to us after making stops at Graves County, Warren Central, Paducah Tilghman, Murray State University, and Mayfield High School along the way.
With 237 wins and 96 losses, Coach Rogers has an incredible resume by being a part of 8 regional championships, 7 state semi final appearances, 5 state runner ups, and 1 state championship! He was the 2010 and 2011 Kentucky Football Coaches Association State Coach of the Year and selected by Nike as the Midwest Coach Representative for Team USA.
Welcome home Coach!!!! Go Cards, FULL NELSON!!!!

Happy about this hire. As a Mayfield guy that’s got kids in the Nelson County system glad to see it!  Welcome home to Nelson County coach!

• Like 1

IMO this is a home run hire!   He has a few years left before he retires.... a great way to finish up!!!

He went to Graves from Nelson, then to Warren Central, then to PT then to MAyfield I believe....  I am not 100% certain on this.

• Like 1

On 5/2/2024 at 3:21 PM, montana16 said:

This is what Nelson County put on social media

Nelson County Athletics

We are excited to announce Coach Mike Rogers as the new Head Football Coach for the Nelson County Cardinals. Coach Rogers started his career here at Nelson County and has returned to us after making stops at Graves County, Warren Central, Paducah Tilghman, Murray State University, and Mayfield High School along the way.
With 237 wins and 96 losses, Coach Rogers has an incredible resume by being a part of 8 regional championships, 7 state semi final appearances, 5 state runner ups, and 1 state championship! He was the 2010 and 2011 Kentucky Football Coaches Association State Coach of the Year and selected by Nike as the Midwest Coach Representative for Team USA.
Welcome home Coach!!!! Go Cards, FULL NELSON!!!!

Is this all as a head coach? W-L and the state runners up appearances, etc?

I look forward to following his progress at Nelson County! A lot of other factors obviously came into play at Warren Central once he departed, but the program has definitely not been the same since.  Loved when he was here.

• Like 1