4A State Championship: Trinity 41 Ryle 7

Birdsfan

Congrats Trinity. I expected you to win, but not by this big of a margin. Enjoy men, you obviously were the more superior team and did what you had to do.

As far as Ryle is concerned, I'd just like to personally congratulate every last young man on that team for a fine season and all of the hard work that they put in this year. They have went through a lot this year as far as injuries and the passing away last year of their principal, but despite that found a way to get it done all year. This is something you will remember the rest of your lives. Win or Lose, you're all still champions in my book. "Remember what he built."

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As many of you know I am not a T or X grad or go to many of their games (cept for the one's X played in the R2D4 inter-district games) but I will go on to say this...

Trinity is a reflection of their committment to excellence as exemplified and expected of their coach. I think the CJ article yesterday showed that. Having been around football for 35 years, bottom line is that in the end, and i Know its a cliche, but the game is played with 11 players vs. 11 players with the support of reserves and back ups. Trinity does have quality athletes to back people up and their 2nd team could probably field just as good a team as anybody else's first team. Be that as it may, dont rain on Trinity's parade. They have had a good stretch with a great coach who demands excellence and puts his life into his football team. I think the result would have been pretty similar had Male beaten Trinity and gone on to the state championship...Ryle probably would have been beaten pretty solid. THat's not a knock against Ryle at all. Its just that there are some pretty solid teams out there who have a history of demanding excellence from their players and T, X & Male are those types of schools. Not saying the other schools out in the state dont demand excellence, but I do think one advantage that T & X has is that they are not limited where they can draw from inside their county (or outside for that matter). That does help a lot and you cant argue that fact. Public schools (at least in Jefferson Co) dont have that advantage. Otherwise, Im sure other schools would see greater success on a regular basis.

Having said that, we move on to the new format next year and will no doubt have additional comments and insights with the new 6 class format. I think it just evens the field out a little more for schools that have no business going up against the Males, X's and T's in the finals. I for one dont mind seeing the Big 3 battle it out year after year while everyone else has a chance against teams more on their level.

Congratulations Trinity on a fine season and to all the schools in Kentucky for a great 2006 season. I can not wait to see what 2007 brings. And who knows, with all the talk out there, it may be even more interesting if Beatty decides to go somewhere else and Trinity has someone new next year taking the reins of this storied program. But Im sure "IF" that happens, Lampley will find someone just as good to carry it on.

And last but not least, I still say the best game of the year was Trinity-Male. What a game THAT would have been for the state title, huh???

I knew Ryle was going to get beat.......Like I said in my other post about this game. Ryle doesn't have enough of a passing game and they can't defend the pass very well. I saw the stats and that pretty much sums it up......Until these teams in NKY 4A get a more rounded attack the results are going to stay the same.........

I use to think it was 11 on 11 but it really isn't. 11 on 11 on kick off, 11 against another 11 offense/defense, it's 11 against a different 11 on punt teams/ return teams. It's just continues, senior comes in when a senior goes out. It would be pushing it say that any player on T team played more than 30 snaps. I found it somewhat comical as I looked up each teams rosters.

http://www.khsaa.org/football/2006/ryleroster.pdf

I use to think it was 11 on 11 but it really isn't. 11 on 11 on kick off, 11 against another 11 offense/defense, it's 11 against a different 11 on punt teams/ return teams. It's just continues, senior comes in when a senior goes out. It would be pushing it say that any player on T team played more than 30 snaps. I found it somewhat comical as I looked up each teams rosters.

:cry:

we were talking about this...and if you add to that their style of play, in compounds the difficulty, expecially with us on a short field much of the night...

Ryle came out and opened up with a brilliant play action boot pass....that was dropped, it could've gone for 70 and a touch...just dropped.

So true. Can't make mistakes against a great team. That first offensive play after a 3 and out would not have made the difference in the eventual outcome, but could have made the game a lot more interesting. Congrats to the Rocks, you deserved it. Congrats to the Raiders. You played with great effort and class. It's gonna be hard as you have to move on to a new season of life but the future is bright for these young men. Thanks, Raider coaches, you do so much for these young men that people do not know about. Good luck and best wishes all seniors from both teams.

Congrats to my Parochial Brethren in Louisville on Title #17. Outstanding accomplishment -- you guys did exactly what everyone thought you would tonight...handle your business.

46 passing yards? I'm reminded of the folks in the prediction thread that said something along the lines of: Ryle can pass when they want to, but they choose not to because they don't need it. Right -- we could be balanced and far more dangerous, but we just decide against it. 46 passing yards, unless you are blessed with some freakishly fast backs, isn't going to get it done.

Ryle had a great season, and a super run through the playoffs. Congrats on reaching your first state title game -- an experience, that when the tears dry up, will be remembered fondly by those boys forever. State Runner-Up is not a bad way to end the season.

Rocks, you represent KY the right way -- thanks.

I thought the biggest difference was play calling. T was superb in mixing up plays whereas the Raiders need to learn. Our only great play call was play #1 and we did not execute. Hopefully, play calling will change in the future so that Ryle is not so predictable. I'll still support them and cheer them on 'cause those are some great kids who work their tails off. Enough post-mortem. Again, Congrats to both teams on great seasons.

Congratulations to the young men and coaching staffs on both sides. Last night will certainly be one that both groups will remember forever.

I am so impressed with the way Trinity goes about their business. They play hard, with class, and are extremely well coached.

Coach Beatty has done super things at Trinity and his record speaks for itself. I think the some of his assistants deserve much credit. Coach Coverdale, Coach Bean, Coach Kahlbin (pre-retired) etc. Great Job Rocks! Enjoy some well deserved time off!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Good try for Ryle. Same results when a public 4A team gets down state. Can't compete with the catholic schools from Louisville and the advantages they have. No surprise here.

You, not saying you but all NKY fans in general, can't talk smack all week, lose the game, and then blame the loss on enrollment discrepancies. Ryle lost to a better team, it happens. They had a heck of a year. Congrats to Trinity and Ryle.

You, not saying you but all NKY fans in general, can't talk smack all week, lose the game, and then blame the loss on enrollment discrepancies. Ryle lost to a better team, it happens. They had a heck of a year. Congrats to Trinity and Ryle.

:thumb:

:thumb:

As pointed out in the pregame thread, Ryle had trouble with Dixie's passing scheme. That did not bode well going into the Trinity game. As was noted in the game thread, you can't be one dimensional and expect to wint a 4A title. I think 3A is pretty much that way and it will continue to work it ways down the class sizes as football continues to improves in Kentucky.

Congrats to the Rocks....you put a woopin on us. No doubt you are the 4A champs. 3rd and long killed us all night. Trinity's short field killed us all night.

I was not supprised by T's team speed, but I was supprised by your team strength. We never had a problem moving people off the ball on O or D until last night. Great team effort.

Raiders- thanks for all the exiting Friday nights, we will miss that and I know you will to. But you worked hard, played hard and gained great support for your program, which might not seem like much now, but down the road you will realize that your efforts helped to build a pretty fantastic program in the U.