4A State Championship: Trinity 41 Ryle 7

Birdsfan

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not meant to be at all. I don't buy the unfair thing. I don't buy the advantage thing, at least in the context of p v p. The numbers are being addressed with classification changes. Schools like T have a well earned "advantage" in that years of success attract kids who want to committ to the same thing...like other schools in the state (HHS, Beechwood, etc, etc) Ryle can/will have that, it just isn't going to happen as quickly as some would like.

I am proud of Ryle and believe they are on their way. I am also genuinely happy for the kids and the T community. If one feels that the size of the schools is out of wack, or some other complaint needs attention; address it in a different context than this one....imo

Again, excellent! :thumb:

It is not meant to be at all. I don't buy the unfair thing. I don't buy the advantage thing, at least in the context of p v p. The numbers are being addressed with classification changes. Schools like T have a well earned "advantage" in that years of success attract kids who want to committ to the same thing...like other schools in the state (HHS, Beechwood, etc, etc) Ryle can/will have that, it just isn't going to happen as quickly as some would like.

I am proud of Ryle and believe they are on their way. I am also genuinely happy for the kids and the T community. If one feels that the size of the schools is out of wack, or some other complaint needs attention; address it in a different context than this one....imo

What do you think the talk of catholic league formats and public league formats is all about?

Ryle had a very entusiastic crowd who stayed with their team the entire game. It was almost like a Sweet 16 atmosphere. Kudos to them.

One of the main reasons Trinity won handily (and let me be one of the first to decline to comment on the enrollment differential) was that Trinity had much more speed than Ryle. V. Murray for Ryle was a hard runner and a good linebacker but I did not think he showed much speed as a RB. I thought Ryle's defense was stout but that their O was somewhat one-dimensional and unimaginative. They don't throw the ball welll and if the power game is not working, there does not seem to be a plan B to go to. Nick Petrino, I thought, played a good, smart game for T.

Nothing that I read in this thread will detract from a great win for the "ROCKS". There were 93 members of BGP (see poll results) who thought that Ryle was the better team and a Trinity win would be an upset. They beat every team that they lined up against and were the last team standing at the end. Congratulations to the team, coaching staff, and the entire Trinity family that I am so proud to be a part of. "TRINITY FOREVER"

Yea. Everybody who voted for Ryle thought a Trinity win would be an upset.:rolleyes: Perhaps you never heard of voting with your heart instead of your head.

Congratulations Trinity. You earned your State Championship. Congratulations Ryle also. Although the goal is to win state, playing for the title is still quite and accomplishment.

Ryle had a very entusiastic crowd who stayed with their team the entire game. It was almost like a Sweet 16 atmosphere. Kudos to them.

One of the main reasons Trinity won handily (and let me be one of the first to decline to comment on the enrollment differential) was that Trinity had much more speed than Ryle. V. Murray for Ryle was a hard runner and a good linebacker but I did not think he showed much speed as a RB. I thought Ryle's defense was stout but that their O was somewhat one-dimensional and unimaginative. They don't throw the ball welll and if the power game is not working, there does not seem to be a plan B to go to. Nick Petrino, I thought, played a good, smart game for T.

You can't make the mistakes that Ryle did and expect to beat Trinity.

I'm cool with that logic...And again Congrats on The State Championship!