4A State Championship: Trinity 41 Ryle 7

Birdsfan

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to see Trinity take #17 though! Also fun to see a number of other BGPers there. Good to see Watusi, Rockmom, TonyDanza, Getslow, goherd96, and RockPride from a distance. :walk:

Did I look small from that far away ;)

I was doing my GT impression... :lol:

When I saw that pass almost go flawlessly I was really concerned. I am surprised they didn't try to run more plays like it tonight. I think this game could have been much closer if the playcalling had been more creative on Ryle's part. It just seemed to me that no matter what happened there was no abandoning the Power-I up the middle running game.

Great to see Trinity take #17 though! Also fun to see a number of other BGPers there. Good to see Watusi, Rockmom, TonyDanza, Getslow, goherd96, and RockPride from a distance. :walk:

Hope to see more tomorrow night at the 3A game.

We always joke that we mind as well put on baby powder blue jerseys and change our name to the Rebels because of the lack of adjustments are coaches like to make on the offensive side of the ball. Like were going to move the ball on Trinity running the ball 3 straight plays every time we get the ball.

I really don't want to hear nothing about the private/public school debate because Ryle had/has the talent to be able to play with these schools, but what it comes down to is coaching/preperation/tradition and in those three categories T is second to none.

We always joke that we mind as well put on baby powder blue jerseys and change our name to the Rebels because of the lack of adjustments are coaches like to make on the offensive side of the ball. Like were going to move the ball on Trinity running the ball 3 straight plays every time we get the ball.

I really don't want to hear nothing about the private/public school debate because Ryle had/has the talent to be able to play with these schools, but what it comes down to is coaching/preperation/tradition and in those three categories T is second to none.

It takes time with a program to get to that point. Ryle has made HUGE strides over the years and I don't doubt that they will get over that hump some day. More big game experience will make a world of difference for the Raiders. Best of luck to you next season. :thumb:

Nah, you all aren't like Boone County. I don't recall your field ever being suitable for boating season before a game. :D

A couple of thoughts from where I sit...

Trinity's defense played OUTSTANDING ball tonight. They were flying to the ball and "laying the wood" so to speak. Jordan Whiteing is going to be a beast before he leaves...what a game he had.

Nick Petrino is a winner. He is a competitor. And those who say else aren't very good judges of players.

Trinity's family aspect was strong tonight. It was so special to see everyone huddle around coach Wagner, who has had to deal with some very painful days in the past few weeks. Each year I have been involved with the program, I've seen more and more reasons to realize that Trinity is a VERY special place. Things are different here. Not to put other places down, but you just dont see the closeness of coaches, parents, players, and administators like you do at T.

17 was very special indeed

First of all, thanks Guru for getting us back onto the game talk. Geez.

Ryle - Great season and congrats on everything you guys have accomplished. You have a great program and seemed first class in everything you did tonight. I like the emotion showed, the grit and the class after the game with the interaction between both teams. Keep working and you will be back!

Now for Trinity.

Wow! Where do you start. As someone who loves to watch high school football and doesn't really favor one team but just loves watching good football - I tip my hat to coach Beatty and his staff. It can;t be easy coaching at a program with such intense pressure and he's almost been flawless in seven years of playoff action. The kids seem to play like the leader - no fear, hard nosed and disciplined.

As far as the game, I really thought the Trinity defense set the tone. The offense struggled early but the defense was hitting. Whiting (OK, I love this kid and his game - wow! college coaches will love him also) laid a huge hit on Murray on the second series and then the fumble that was caused by little Petrino and picked up by another Shamrock.

Defense got it going and then Nick took over. Like I have said before, I was one who saw him early last season and didn't think he would fare so well in the position. Well he certainly proved me wrong. He was not as sharp tonight as I have seen before but still very, very good.

Oh yeah, and the kicker. Amazing. That punt in the pouring rain that he boomed about 60 yards had to have Rich Brooks jumping up and down!

Great game Rocks, congrats on No. 17. I heard coach Beatty on the TV saying "it's nice not to have to share that with Fort Thomas."