4A State Championship: Trinity 41 Ryle 7

Birdsfan

The better team won. End of story. The complaint about the fair matchup stuff is crap.

Well thanks.... I had no clue. I have not seen Trinity play all year and knew they were going to drill Ryle. Boone, Brohms SR year was having a great year. Got drilled by the same score I believe. Same reason why CovCath usually pounds on Boone annually. You come and look at the small area of the city of "Union" and where Ryle gets their kids from. Then look at the areas Trinity is able to get theirs from.

I would put ANYTHING on it in the world... that CovCath a CATHOLIC 3A team, would have given Trinity a much better game then Ryle did tonight.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea. Everybody who voted for Ryle thought a Trinity win would be an upset.:rolleyes: Perhaps you never heard of voting with your heart instead of your head.

Congratulations Trinity. You earned your State Championship. Congratulations Ryle also. Although the goal is to win state, playing for the title is still quite and accomplishment.

I see from the poll that you voted with your heart. I voted with my head.

Ryle played hard and their fans were great. But let's be honest: Male, Henry Clay and Ballard all gave the Rocks a better game. All of the pre-game "Smash mouth vs. finesse" stuff went right out the window. Trinity hit harder and executed a LOT better. And the only sure fire D1 player T has (as I understand it) is their kicker. I think they've earned everything they've gotten.

And on a side note: Did the team that beat Trinity win the state title in Tennessee?

Well thanks.... I had no clue. I have not seen Trinity play all year and knew they were going to drill Ryle. Boone, Brohms SR year was having a great year. Got drilled by the same score I believe. Same reason why CovCath usually pounds on Boone annually. You come and look at the small area of the city of "Union" and where Ryle gets their kids from. Then look at the areas Trinity is able to get theirs from.

I would put ANYTHING on it in the world... that CovCath a CATHOLIC 3A team, would have given Trinity a much better game then Ryle did tonight.

So would Highlands, Bardstown, Male, PRP, Bowling Green, Central, and about a dozen other public schools. :sssh:

This anti-Catholic (or anti-private) thing is ridiculous. Male was every bit as good as T this year (that game was a true toss-up) and H was better than X. Mercer Co. could be the best team in KY. Manual, PRP and a few others are formidable in Louisville also. IMO coaching, conditioning, attitude, etc. go a long way when dealing with adolescents. Redman, Glaser, and Beatty seem to be able to tap into something (don't know exactly what it is) that many coaches cannot. And it goes beyond getting players to perform on the field - it's about guys buying into your system and WANTING to be a part of what you are all about. Simply having the best players doesn't automatically cut it... just ask Guy Lewis or Jerry Tarkanian.

Trinity was the better team tonight in every aspect of the game. Rather than bemoan the area from which they canget players, every non-senior on Ryle's team should be dedicating himself to getting back there in 2007 by better even better, stronger, and more prepared. I'm willing to bet that's what Bob Redman is preaching to his boys at Male.

I have not seen Trinity play all year and knew they were going to drill Ryle.

You have just made my point...keep telling yourself you don't have a chance and you will be correct. Fortunately, I believe (hope) the leadership at Ryle is telling their kids a different story about how their hard work got them into the state finals! And, more hard work will win it for them eventually! The schools to whom you refer, along with a few other annually competitive schools, thrive on playing at the highest level they can find, win or lose, they take it and build on it...please tell your kids that story, for their sake!

Now, just for kicks and in an effort to exercise your new attitude, say something nice for the kids at T who have been standing on the sidelines since they were 6, waiting for their time to shine. The advantage is not in numbers or anything else, I am convinced that the difference is that schools like T, X, CCH, Highland, Beechwood, Male, etc is that from the time these kids can walk, they are told they are winners no matter the odds! That's an advantage I want for my kid!

2Short,

Your not seeing the light here at all. You don't think its a problem, when a 3A (smaller divison school) located in NKY being (CovCath) would have given Trinity a better game tonight. Then a 4A (largest division) also in NKY? Its not fate, luck, hope.. there's a reason for it.

2Short,

Your not seeing the light here at all. You don't think its a problem, when a 3A (smaller divison school) located in NKY being (CovCath) would have given Trinity a better game tonight. Then a 4A (largest division) also in NKY? Its not fate, luck, hope.. there's a reason for it.

I think CCH and HHS would give them a good game.

2Short,

Thank you for keeping it polite...Using your example, Cov Cath started football in 1967 or so, until 1982 or so, they were annually the laughing stock. Okay, that's a little harsh, but check it out...they were far short of a football powerhouse. Since that time, I think they have won 6 or 7 titles, and the first was in 87 I think...so it took 20 years for them to build their advantage. I am just saying that the winds of change never stop, unless we stop working and give up. The way Boone Co and Union are growing, and with a continued committment to improvement like the one they displayed these past couple, it's a matter of time before they're on the other end of this discussion...unless we tell the kids they're not good enough.

Well you add Ryle , Boone and Conner boy enrollment and you have T or X ! Thats a NO Brainer ! Anyway Congrat's to Trinity on the win !:thumb:

No sour grapes....we were beating all those boys before we were bigger than them....we'll keep on trucking now.