Open Job: Harrison County

29 minutes ago, LCDAWGS19 said:

Breds may not look too far for a replacement here.  Andrew Case (Asst. Coach) could be the move.  I think some other guys the 10th is familiar with could apply, though.  

Case will be the move if he wants it but he has passed on it before. Does he want it now?

Terrence Brooks did fine jobs in both men's and women's basketball at Paris and Harrison County. Really good coach. Enjoy your retirement sir.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, GeneraLee said:

Is this still a decent job?  Breds will be down for a good bit of time.  Any more Custards in the works?

They lost a TON from this past year's team.  I'm not sure what's there in younger grades though.

2 hours ago, brooksville said:

Harrison County will be fine.  Certainly not as good as this year, but still in the upper middle of the region.  They will have a new gym similar to Montgomery County in the next 3 years.  

Harrison is only returning 1 player that was in the rotation by the end of the year. I believe they will have a hard time getting out of the district over the next few years.

I will speculate that pictures may begin showing up on Facebook of Puck, Ivan Rice, and Coach Brooks together, attired in Paris orange, traveling together to some sport venue, and maybe stopping for a plate of wings on the way home.

• Haha 3

On 3/27/2024 at 2:20 PM, KyDad said:

Harrison is only returning 1 player that was in the rotation by the end of the year. I believe they will have a hard time getting out of the district over the next few years.

On the plus side, the 38th is often the weakest district in the 10th.   But you’re  right.   They lost plenty and 2024 may have been the last time for HC to make real noise in the postseason for a while. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mcpapa said:

On the plus side, the 38th is often the weakest district in the 10th.   But you’re  right.   They lost plenty and 2024 may have been the last time for HC to make real noise in the postseason for a while. 

A lot can happen between now and November, but I am thinking the 38th will be about as low as it's ever been in 24-25.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Randy Parker said:

A lot can happen between now and November, but I am thinking the 38th will be about as low as it's ever been in 24-25.

I'd say 3 of the 4 teams will be about dead even.  

• Like 1

Three names immediately come to mind for this one. 

1.) Andrew Case, internal hire if he wants it this time. 

2.) John Michael Reitz, dad was former coach there for years, he played there and also been head coach at Williamstown and Nicholas County. He was runner-up to Brooks last time for the position. 

3.) Matthew Taylor - former player for the Breds, started on the last team who went to state from Cynthiana. Taylor was head coach at St. Pat and I believe elsewhere in the area at one time. Taylor is currently in Texas or Oklahoma so not sure if he would be interested in a return to the 10th region. Taylor also has college experience at UTEP.

• Like 1