Everything posted by colonelb
-
Holmes/Paintsville Updates
How did the blood end up on the floor? And thanks for the updates guys. I would be going nuts w/o you.
-
Best coach in Kentucky ?
I bet there are probably not as many kids from the SHDHS district playing for CovCath as you think. In the four years I was at CCH I think there was one kid who went to a SHDHS feeder school that played varsity for CovCath. In that same span, there was at least one who did the reverse, and went to a CCH feeder but played varsity ball at St. Henry. I can not say for certain how trends have changed since then, but I imagine that it has not been drastic. That being said, I would take either Faust or Listerman any day of the week. Both great coaches, and even better men.
-
Cory Farris - Boone County Signs NLI with University of Kentucky
My dad coached Cory in basketball in middle school, so I have always followed his career through BGP or updates from dad. Apparently playing baseball for UK has been his goal for a LONG time, as that is what he told my dad he wanted to do about six years ago. Kudos to him for accomplishing his goal, and all the best. Hope I can get to see him play at Boone sometime this year.
-
Cov Cath 76 Elliott Co 62
Maile played. Had a double double actually, and from listening to the broadcast, he played very well down the stretch.
-
Cov Cath 76 Elliott Co 62
I don't think he meant a rematch necessarily. Just that he looks forward to seeing them play.
-
Elliott County 96 North Oldham 70
According to what ranking? I have tried to find an AP poll, but can't. And those do not match w/ the BGP rankings on the front page.
-
Mason Co 66 Cov Cath 56
Sounded like CovCath was ice cold in the third quarter.
-
Mason Co vs Cov Cath updates
You just think that because they mentioned you on the air! haha As a CovCath fan, I am very glad for the service they provide as volunteers.
-
Trinity - Boone County
Impressive. Not sure if they had that many students at their home game the week before against Shelby County.
-
CovCath @ Mason County 12-7-07
Why would he recommend anything else? Herb and Thelma's has the best burgers in town!
-
CovCath 60 LexCath 57
The gym certainly sounded very very loud on the internet broadcast. The announcers made a comment about barely being able to hear themselves.
-
CovCath 60 LexCath 57
Maile with 22, and sounded like a whole lot of rebounds too.
-
Trinity 56 Boone Co. 21
I know a lot of Trinity fans, and have attended several games there, and have never seen anything from their fans that is not visible from the fans of every school.
-
Trinity 56 Boone Co. 21
No doubt. I have seen both teams this year, and am not overly surprised by anything at all. Sounds like Boone tried to mix it up more this week.
-
Trinity 56 Boone Co. 21
A shame Farris had an off game. He was most impressive last week.
-
Cincinnati Saint Xavier 29 Colerain 14
He was talking about Cincinnati St. X.
-
Boone Co. 27 Ryle 17 (6A)
They have been pretty consistent though. Of the last five years in which any large school team from NKY has advanced past the first round (none did so in 2003) Boone has been the last team from NKY standing in the large school division 4 out of 5 times (last year being the exception). That seems pretty darn consistent to me.
-
Best team regardless of Class
I'd say CovCath gave St. X a pretty good game. I believe it was a 3 point game with just a few minutes to go.
-
Second Round: Ryle @ Boone County
If they played since they were Sophomores, the Boone Seniors have been in 6. If since they were freshmen it is 10.
-
Covington Catholic at Highlands (Predictions)
I agree. As a CCH fan, advancing without having to beat Highlands would be almost like not totally earning it.
-
Covington Catholic at Highlands (Predictions)
How is the Birds' passing game? How does it compare to Dixie's?
-
Highlands 50 Scott 0 (5A)
I see no end in sight for the broadcasts. They seem to enjoy what they are doing, and I know myself and and many others enjoy being able to listen to all the games from out of town.
-
Cov Cath 24 Dixie Heights 7 (5A)
What sort of interest? Mid-level, high-level.... Did he play any offense tonight?
-
Boone County 42 Campbell County 13 (6A)
Did Farris break 200?
-
CovCath/Dixie updates
CovCath gets it first.