Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best team regardless of Class

Featured Replies

I think Highlands made quite a statement with the impressive win over Covington Catholic last night. Any thoughts?

  • Replies 43
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

St. Xavier

Trinity

I think Highlands made quite a statement with the impressive win over Covington Catholic last night. Any thoughts?

 

HIghlands better worry about a little team from the 270 area code.

HIghlands better worry about a little team from the 270 area code.

 

They better take care of 606 first!!!:thumb:

Every team has to take care of business first. Not sure who will end up the best but the way they're playing right now I would say:

 

1a)St X

1b)Highlands

3)Trinity

HIghlands better worry about a little team from the 270 area code.

 

Metcalfe County? I thought Highlands was 5A...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

:thumb: Ok i'm done being stupid. Go Bowling Green.

Outside of Louisville...Highlands.Otherwise,St.X and Trinity.

  • Author

Not sure St. X deserves to be top dog after struggling against a Cov Cath team that was Dominated by the Birds last night.

Not sure St. X deserves to be top dog after struggling against a Cov Cath team that was Dominated by the Birds last night.

 

And the Brids struggled against Louisville Central. Sometimes teams struggle but find ways to win.

And the Brids struggled against Louisville Central. Sometimes teams struggle but find ways to win.

 

Comparative scores = :rolleyes::irked::creepy::eek:

Yeah comparative scores are horrible but if your going to compare one score might as well compare both. I honestly dont know if Highlands would be X or not but it would be a great game, I will give X the nod though. Scary thing about Highlands is by classification they are just the size of a little 3a school and can play with the biggest of the big boys that Kentucky has to offer, I respect that a lot.

FWIW...

 

Belfry and Bowling Green are just as worthy as Highlands of challenging X or T's football dominance. Bowling Green was the only in-state non 6A team to give either of the two a decent game.

 

But really, I doubt ANY other team in the state is within 3 scores of the monster 6A teams on an average night.

 

:bunny:

Honestly I really think that is the best teams played each other every year I think in the long run the win/loss would not favor the large class that much.HHS, CCH, BG and some others have great programs and have had some monster runs with teams that were better then the 6a teams. HHS beat Trinity in 2000, BB's first year with a very good team and Trinity made it to the title game that year. Just one example but I would think that over time again it would not be that one sided.

 

As for this year I would say X has the edge for now we will see how it all ends in 3 weeks.

Honestly I really think that is the best teams played each other every year I think in the long run the win/loss would not favor the large class that much.HHS, CCH, BG and some others have great programs and have had some monster runs with teams that were better then the 6a teams. HHS beat Trinity in 2000, BB's first year with a very good team and Trinity made it to the title game that year. Just one example but I would think that over time again it would not be that one sided.

 

As for this year I would say X has the edge for now we will see how it all ends in 3 weeks.

 

Interesting... I think exactly the opposite.

 

IMO, it's telling that you must use "exceptions" to make your point. In other words...you must go back a number of years to show where the "large" class best team lost to a smaller class team.

 

If the smaller "best" teams played on an even level with the bigger ones, examples would be plentiful.

 

:bunny:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.