Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Watusi

Membership
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Watusi

  1. Final 40-0 East Ridge is improved and they have a good core of players. Sophomore QB Canaan Ramey runs the offense well and Senior RB Talon Jordan is a workhorse in the backfield. I hope they can build on this success and keep improving moving forward. It is really good to see.
  2. 33-0 Pirates after 2 pt conversion fails 4:02 3rd Q
  3. 21-0 Belfry 7:53 2nd Q
  4. TD Woolum for Belfry 14-0 7:30 1st Q
  5. Belfry returned opening kick for a TD 7-0 Pirates
  6. This game will be played tonight, October 1st. 8pm kickoff
  7. Belfry plays their 3rd game in a row against another Pike County team this week. The 5-1 Belfry Pirates will travel across Pike County and over Lick Mountain to take on the 5-1 East Ridge Warriors for a 2A District 8 showdown Friday night. Coach Donnie Burdine has the Warriors off to the best start in school history and there is no doubt the whole place will be pumped up and ready to prove themselves against the Pirates. Belfry has won all 13 games between the schools. Last year it was 56-7 in the first year of the renewal of this game after not playing for the previous decade. Belfry has outscored East Ridge 619-32 in those 13 games, an average per game margin of 51.6 - 2.7. Expect it to be much closer than that as East Ridge has a much better team than have had historically. The question is "How much better?"
  8. Belfry 34 Pike Central 0 End of 1st Qtr
  9. We have reached the 2nd half of the regular season and it doesn't seem possible. Time really does fly when you are having fun. Now district play begins in 2A District 8 and this week a winless Pike Central Hawks squad will make the short drive to Philip Haywood Stadium to take on the 4-1 Belfry Pirates. Belfry has dominated this series, winning all 34 meetings between the two, with an average margin of victory of 47.4 to 8.8. There has been very few close games, and this season doesn't look to be one either on paper. These two teams are miles apart, to be honest, and the trend looks to continue. Last week Belfry lost 21-14 to Pikeville while Pike Central lost to Prestonsburg 49-0 Here is hoping the Hawks can turn things around and have some success on the field, but it isn't likely to come this week.
  10. Agreed. If they still split the semifinals east/west I'd be ok with RPI determining home field but it's wrong to expect teams to make a 7-8 hour drive to play a Friday night game.
  11. That's better 😉
  12. Oh, now you went and screwed up a good inner-rage. I liked it better when you wanted Belfry to be crushed, even at checkers 👍 I cannot say I wish the Panthers the same good fortune. I threw up a little in my mouth just thinking about it.
  13. Watching it at game speed I thought the runner was down before the ball came loose. Hard to say any different after seeing the video. However, if that was a fumble, then it sure looked to me like a Pikeville recovery and touchback. That ref was right on top of it and maybe he could see the Pikeville player never gained possession of the ball, but it sure was a controversial.
  14. Congrats on the victory !! It is always entertaining when these two battle. It rarely goes "chalk' but it always is physical and emotionally charged on both sides. It is what small town sports is all about in my opinion. I'm glad you mentioned Pikeville's kicker earlier he is a heck of a weapon. Field position in high school football is huge, especially in a defensive game like tonight. Pikeville looked like the better team most of the night and I think in the end the better team won. Belfry had to work harder for yards. Given another month to improve both these squads should be making some playoff noise. Now we have to wait another stinkin' year for the next round 🙁
  15. Love it! Everybody needs a good healthy amount of hate towards something. I think it's good for the soul and it makes sports a lot more fun for both sides. 😂
  16. I have been out of pocket this week, and have not had much free time, but suffice it to say "I hate Pikeville" and I never, ever want to see them win, especially when playing Belfry. See above :D
  17. I agree but I am only talking about the 2026 CAL team being the best team. If we want to discuss the best overall program, that's another discussion altogether. And Mayfield and Beechwood would be high on that list while CAL would not appear.
  18. If they played, CAL would dominate Beechwood IMO.
  19. If you are voting this CAL team is NOT the best small school team, then please share your thoughts on what team you think should hold that title. I would love to read that.
  20. That is a debate even among Pirate fans. They were both very good, but neither of them was on the level of this CAL team.
  21. 2015 and 2016 were the two best teams Belfry had in that run. They played in the championship 7 straight years. They lost to Central in 2010, 2011, and 2012. Those 3 teams were good but not legendary. They won the next 4 titles, but the last two teams were really good.
  22. I'm making two statements. CAL is the best small school team in my memory and probably in Kentucky HS Football History They will win the rest of their games by at least 21 points per game Agree or disagree. Small school being lower half of classifications, which is 3A or smaller in current 6 class alignment and 2A or lower back in the 4 class alignment. If you don't think CAL deserves that title, then I would love to hear about any team who could make that claim.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.