Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best team regardless of Class

Featured Replies

  • Replies 43
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geoff Riddle was the QB in 2000.

 

Yes I was referring to Bob Beaty not Brian.

To me, Belfry is the most dominant team for there class. St X is the best overall team, but, they have Trinity to keep them honest. Highlands is great but so is BGreen in there classification, Bell Co and Lex Cath keep each other honest in 4a, 2a is wide open with as many as 5-6 teams capable of winning it all and 1a is also close with Beechwood, Frankfort, Hazard and Mayfield...Central, Breathitt and Russell are solid but imo, Belfry is 2-3 tds better than any other 3a team...

This time of year, easy Trinity.

 

C'mon Hopper, where's the "Love"?:D

C'mon Hopper, where's the "Love"?:D

 

I know if Simon Kenton was right there i would be rooting for them!!!!

I know if Simon Kenton was right there i would be rooting for them!!!!

 

I wouldn't...........:jump::jump: Just kidding....

Can you imagine the threads and speculation when this state has 6 classes in public AND private....and 12 state champions? :)

 

Anyway, I don't know if anyone has seen enough of all the top teams to accurately assess (I haven't); but there can't be too many teams with strong linemen who move as quickly and efficiently as HHS'; and speed in the backfield that appears to be 5 deep. They would have to be a handful this year for anyone?

BB = Bob Beatty

 

Yes I was referring to Bob Beaty not Brian.

 

 

My bad. :thumb:

Highlands seems to be the best team in the state this year. But, the best team does not always win. Good Luck!

The six candidates for best team in the State will be decided on December 8. After that, we can discuss who the best overall team is.......

I used that game as it was the last time we played HHS and that was also the same time frame that HHS was on a great run. BG gave us a very good game t home this year and has played X very tough as well in close games. My point is that I do not think that the big class would be that dominate over a long period of time, might have the edge in victores but not as much as some think. JMO based on thirty plus years of watching the better teams in KY play.

 

That makes our disagreement even more curious. 30 yrs. is about how long I've been a fan of KY hs football, too. ;)

 

Maybe it comes down to what you think "domination" is, or your definition of "not as much as some think". My personal definition is...I see T, X, and Male as having at least a 2-3:1 margin in wins vs. smaller class "top" teams in a series of more than 20 games.

 

From reading your previous post, I inferred that you claim schools like HHS, Boyle Co., BG, CovCath, Danville, Mayfield, etc. would come out with a roughly equivalent share of victories vs. T, X, and Male.

 

Of course, this is all theoretical and no one can "prove" his point. :lol:

Winning 31-14 without Deuce and Matt Smith is a "struggle" ???

Winning 31-14 without Deuce and Matt Smith is a "struggle" ???

 

Considering the score was 17-14 with under 3 minutes to go in the game, I'd say yes.

That makes our disagreement even more curious. 30 yrs. is about how long I've been a fan of KY hs football, too. ;)

 

Maybe it comes down to what you think "domination" is, or your definition of "not as much as some think". My personal definition is...I see T, X, and Male as having at least a 2-3:1 margin in wins vs. smaller class "top" teams in a series of more than 20 games.

 

From reading your previous post, I inferred that you claim schools like HHS, Boyle Co., BG, CovCath, Danville, Mayfield, etc. would come out with a roughly equivalent share of victories vs. T, X, and Male.

 

Of course, this is all theoretical and no one can "prove" his point. :lol:

Very good points but if the teams were to play every year with each of the best we are talking about having the runs each has had and they were to play home and home series yes I think the big class would have more wins but not that big of a lead over all. Given the current schduling issues teams are having maybe it can be decided on the field. Anyway it is nice that we can have this type of dicussion due to having so many winning programs in the state of KY.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.