Everything posted by h.s.sportsrbest
-
New coach at Scott High?
I know of a couple of qualified Coaches that are among the interested. I'm sure Lickert (Holmes) isn't one of them.
-
Mason Co 66 Cov Cath 56
Most of this will be redundant, but some thoughts on the game Friday night: * Let me begin with this, only CSHS can carve a buck out for a great cause and call it "got in my pocket." Jeesh... * Darius Miller was unreal. As has been said countless times in this thread, he could do whatever he wanted whenever he wanted. CCH tried several kids, and they gave it their all, it just wasn't enough. Luke struggled against him, but hats off to Luke for wanting the challenge and not backing down to it. * The Mr. Basketball award is over. Congrats. :bunny: * Setty is really, really good. What a weapon. Long, solid fundamentally, great shooter. Super complimentary player. Had heard about him but didn't realize he was THIS good. He was easily the 2nd best player on the court. * Loved the fact that the CovCath kids never gave up. They played their tails off until the final horn. Listerman has to be proud of that. * #52 for Mason Co. will be a nice player in the future. As will #5 (JV kid who dressed varsity but didn't get in). Solid players...I assume sophomores? Nice future. * Gym was nice, no question, but the people were even better. Everyone, from the lady watching the doors to the woman supervising the kids' fund-raising were just as nice as they could be. * Mi Camino Real just does NOT disappoint. It's as simple as that. * If there is a team in KY better than Mason County than they are REALLY good and REALLY deep. That is one loooong bunch of Royals. Great atmosphere and thrilled that I made the trip in spite of the loss.
-
CovCath @ Mason County 12-7-07
DeSha's? They don't get a shout out? Good burgers...and good steaks. I also like the Mexican place next to the Movie Theatre. CCH5432, I hope you're right and I'm wrong -- it'll make the drive home more palatable.
-
Simon Kenton @ Holmes HS Predictions
Holmes by 15+.
-
CovCath @ Mason County 12-7-07
Looking forward to making the trip down to Maysville on Friday night. As T.O.G mentioned, CCH has a game with SHDHS first, but I'll bravely throw out that I expect CCH to struggle in the Fieldhouse. Hope I'm wrong, but this is a TOUGH road-trip for a team that has some coming together to do still. Over the AA and through the woods (aka Bracken Co.).......
-
Cov Cath Vs. Lex Cath
Believe it -- blackberry is an acceptable accessory for a tux. Didn't you know that?
-
St Henry 51 Brossart 34
All in good fun. As you know I have a ton of respect for what Willie and Mike have done out there. That line was just a tad much -- plus, now my PC at work has a green bean lodged between the "B" and the space bar.
-
Cov Cath Vs. Lex Cath
Hate to have miss this one tomorrow night (but do look forward to getting the final in a text from CSHS81 as soon as it is over). I don't think there is any question that LexCath has the advantage starting the season, however, Maile, Noll, and Bondick do give them some continuity. I expect LexCath to win a very close one (in an electric atmosphere). I'll be shocked if the Colonels fall by something in the vicinity of 15.
-
Bowling Green/Owensboro Updates
There is a reason Owensboro gave up the fewest number of points in 5A this year.
-
St Henry 51 Brossart 34
From the overhead speaker: sawdust needed in Aisle 4.
-
Boone County at Trinity
I'd say something in this range: Boone Co. 14 Trinity 38
-
Bowling Green/John Hardin Updates-5A
As most predicted, this is going to be a great game between two great teams. Everyone thinking JH would get man-handled appear to have been wrong. This one should go down to the wire. Would love to have made the trip.
-
Johnson Central/Lincoln County Updates-5A
Onside kick to start the game. Coach Matney emptying the bag of tricks early. Nicely done.
-
Letcher Co. Central at Highlands (5A) (Take 3)
I'll be shocked if the final doesn't look like this: LCC -- 0 - 7 range HHS -- 50 - 59 range Truly, Coach Mueller can name his score in this one. I'm sure he'll have a plan in mind of what he wants it to be and that will be that. However, that should in no way diminish the great season that LCC has had. Enjoy the trip.
-
NKy.com Basketball Preview
Ryan will be psyched to know he has a staff. :lol:
-
USA Today/MaxPreps National Player of the Week
Wow...very cool honor.
-
Hill #1 in CJ Coaches Poll
Is this trend new? When OJ and Bill were there I never saw them referred to as "Hill". Now it's in a thread title...just wondering what I missed.
-
Hill #1 in CJ Coaches Poll
Realizing I'm celestially un-hip, I have to ask: when did Rose Hill become just "Hill"?
-
North Bullit @ Lone Oak (4A)
1. I'll take Lone Oak by 10 - 14. 2. Slight detour through Aurora and hit the Brass Lantern. 3. N. Bullitt folks, stay at Barkley Lodge and enjoy the breakfast buffet before heading back north to Shepherdsville. Should be a good game....
-
Bowling Green @ John Hardin (5A)
I thought from the moment I saw the bracket that this would be a GREAT h.s. football game. There will be a ton of good football games played in KY this weekend but this one may just be the best of the bunch.
-
CovCath/Highlands Predictions
Niiiice.... :jump:
-
CovCath/Highlands Predictions
Did we need an exclamation point? :irked: :bunny:
-
Football playoffs: The old system
Well done. :thumb:
-
Second Round: Clay County @ Letcher County Central
Shouldn't that have meant Clay Co. would have lost in the first round?
-
Second Round: Ryle @ Boone County
Having had a birds' eye view of the last meeting, the game had a feeling of being far more one-sided than the OT would lead you to believe. I think Boone has seen Ryle's best, and this year, it isn't enough. Boone Co. by 7 - 10.