Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

h.s.sportsrbest

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by h.s.sportsrbest

  1. Any idea on a score?
  2. Thanks Birdsfan, nice to know some people are polite.
  3. Thanks qryche. :thumb:
  4. What is the score fellas? Thanks in advance.
  5. Guys, Rule #13 please. Thanks.
  6. Ram, any new updates? As I told 'Ru today, this is the game in KY that I'd most like to have been able to attend.
  7. 7 -- LaSalle 5 -- Newport Central Catholic 3 -- Tates Creek 2 -- Boone County 1 -- Dixie Tiebreaker -- Tates Creek
  8. I hate to let past performances taint my thinking on present / future outcomes, and in this case, I'm not. In spite of Dixie's SLOW starts the last couple / few years, I'm looking for a Dixie win by 6 points. Knowing this game was coming, that was why I ranked Beechwood just behind Dixie in the pre-season NKY poll.
  9. Apples and oranges. LaSalle's boys aren't heading to WKU (and I mean that as no slight to my alma mater). Not to mention, the depth for LaSalle will be a huge difference. I assume you were making a point that D-1 signees don't equate to great teams, and I agree with that, but in this case it is just one of the many reasons LaSalle will probably run off and hide.
  10. This should be a great early season contest. To be honest, I'm "close" to picking an upset (for what little that is worth). Central needs to use this game as a huge yard-stick for their season. I expect Manual (a very talented Manual, by the way) to get Central's best effort.
  11. Against a rebuilding Ryle squad and Bacon? I hope the Defense is as stout as many expect them to evolve into, but being good against those teams and being good at Nippert against LaSalle are horses of different colors. While I'm hoping for a huge CCH upset, from a logical standpoint it is hugely unlikely. :cry:
  12. Covington Catholic will be very good this year, but as mentioned, not a physically large team (in terms of size in the post). I'm a big fan of Bondick but would love to see the young man maintain his compusure in the fact of adversity. Love his energy and passion though. Roll is a nice player. Sweet stroke and suprisingly quick. All I know about Mitch Shover is his Dad is a nice guy. I haven't seen as much of him as I have the others. Maile will be a monster this year and next. Noll needs to be solid in the post this year for this team to be elite. Isler should be able to provide some tough minutes here and there. I was told a couple of years ago that Michael Grimes would be the sleeper in this class and that person (predictably) wasn't wrong. Doesn't do anything great but does nearly everything good. A perfect part of a successful team. He'll have his occasional 20 point game, but he is a guy that you can count on for 10 and 8 most nights with solid defense and limited mistakes.
  13. 35+ for LaSalle and 14 to 17 for CovCath.
  14. I (sort of) agree with Bright Horizons that Bryan Station could surprise some folks and have a nice year in '07. I think they'll finish well north of 3 - 7.
  15. 1. Highlands 2. Dixie 3. Beechwood 4. Ryle 5. Boone Co. 6. NCC 7. CovCath 8. Simon Kenton 9. Campbell Co. 10. Lloyd
  16. Al is better known to most as the CovCath tennis coach the last few years. I can't speak to his ability to coach soccer, but he is a really nice guy who can always be counted on to support all of the programs at CovCath. Wish Al and the boys all of the best.
  17. I agree with your regular season exactly, but I think Dixie will sweep CovCath and then fall to the ultimate District Champion: Highlands.
  18. Rankings are for this season, what happened last year is immaterial. CovCath lost a bloody ton and will be lucky to win 5 games in the regular season...and that is coming from a CovCath guy. They aren't anywhere near the best team entering this season.
  19. Sorry Bluto. Good luck to Junior.
  20. http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=125796
  21. I feel like I've tried to convince myself that they should be allowed, but I just can't do it. I'm probably being old-school, and for the same reasons that I think 35 year old men with 15 year old girls should get a FAR worse punishment, I just can't wrap my arms around a girl playing h.s. football. I actually wish I felt differently...I just don't.
  22. I play the Pro V1X most of the time (I don't pay for them either), but if I play a different ball than I'll play (and buy) the Bridgestone e6. Those are the only two balls I've played this year.
  23. Yuck. Gets too much "hacker" play so it is rarely in good shape. Way TOO many houses right on top of you. Way over-rated. Very short. Can't stand it...if you couldn't tell.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.