2007/2008 Covington Catholic

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the players that I think is going to suprise a lot of people is Chris Roll. He is going to get his first real opportunity to play at the varsity level. He is probably the best perimeter shooter on the roster and has a motor that never stops. He is going to be someone who gives the Cov Cath team a big lift.

He may not put up huge numbers because this team is going to be very balanced and deep, but he will be someone who can put up points in a hurry.

Keep an eye on this kid.

• 3 weeks later...

CovCath never rebuilds, but simply reloads. Not sure how much size they'll have other than Noll; but they should be very deep. If memory serves, they will have a ton on guys in the 6' to 6'3" range. I'd look for Maile to have a big year, assuming he plays and doesn't concentrate on baseball? I agree with Budman on Roll, I remember him killing us in a JV game a couple of years ago!!

I definitely think CovCath is the #1 team in the 9th region with such talented players such as Grimes, Bondick, Roll, Noll, Maile, etc. This team will be well balanced with shooters, height, ball handling, and descent speed. Plus, they have an excellent coach in Listerman.

IMO: It comes down again to CovCath and Holmes for the regional title.

The one element this team has to develop is the ability for the perimeter guys to take someone off the dribble. They have excellent spot up shooters. Sometimes shots don't fall so you must penetrate.

I'm not sure if that player exists right now for the Colonels.

Yes he does. It is Luke Maile.

Luke can. No question especially if he's at the 4. My point was aimed at the guards.

Luke is a mismatch for many teams because of his ability to handle the ball on the perimeter and his strength.

9th could come down to CovCath and Holmes--Who'd have thought?? :D :D

I'm very curious to see how Boone does this year. As I stated in the girls' thread, coming down to the same 2 teams seemingly every year is not good for b-ball in NKY.

The one element this team has to develop is the ability for the perimeter guys to take someone off the dribble. They have excellent spot up shooters. Sometimes shots don't fall so you must penetrate.

I'm not sure if that player exists right now for the Colonels.

Chris Bondick will do a good job with dribble penetration. He finishes well at the basket and will set up shooters on the perimeter.

Mitch Shover will also suprise you with his ability to get to the basket. He is slight of build but does a great job protecting the ball and getting deep into the lane.

This will not be a problem with this group this year.

#1 Covington Catholic

#2 Highlands

#3 Boone County

#4 Holmes

Highlands at #2 is a big mistake. They have one very good player in Simpson, maybe another good player in McGraw if he does indeed play, but that is it. Holmes has much better overall talent than the Birds do especially with Holmes getting the two transfers.

#1 CovCath

#2 Holmes

#3 Boone County