Everything posted by Falcon85
-
Cov. Cath. upcoming Juniors.
Agree.
-
KHSBCA Preseason Top 50 Players
And let me be clear, I'm a very reliable source on this. :thumb:
-
Cov. Cath. upcoming Juniors.
He is IMO and will give Erpenbeck a run for his money. Erpenbeck is a great kid, but if he had been the best qb for the last two years, he would have been starting. When Isler went down with an injury the team had a winning record at 3-2 and he was one or two in passing leaders in NKY. Timmerman was very good when he played qb as a freshmen.
-
KHSBCA Preseason Top 50 Players
- Cov. Cath. upcoming Juniors.
I am quite sure if he should have been the quarterback all along he would have been. I believe Isler was a two year starter, which is rare at qb at CovCath. He also, under Rodenberg, was the only freshmen moved up to jv and started at qb as a freshmen. It is easy to knock kids when you want your son or friends to start over them or when a team is doing poorly, but I believe the two head coaches probably knew better than anyone who should have been starting. I think Timmermann would be the stronger qb this year, but will be needed elsewhere because of his athleticism. Erpenbeck was not really that strong the times I watched him. If I remember correctly, Isler started over him after the X game once he was healthy again. I am sure if Erpenbeck had been the better option, he would have continued to start.- Beechwood 63 Covington Catholic 56
As a parent of a Cov Cath senior, I want to send a special thanks to the Cov Cath students. You all came out in force tonight. Great job guys!!! I know the players appreciated it as much as us parents. Good luck to the Tigers.- Covington Catholic vs Beechwood predictions
I too will go with CovCath. They only lost by 5 the last time around and honestly didnt play that great of a game. If CovCath gets the ball inside to Isler and Wellbrock, and those two rebound, it will open up the outside for Ives and Maile. IMO their best bet is just to drive to the rim and limit the 3's. That is where we lose it. All that being said, GO COLONELS! CovCath 62 Beechwood 56- Holmes 55 Simon Kenton 47
I do not think it is the 9th figuring it out. I have watched Holmes a good amount this year, and they are lacking leadership at times, and have some discipline problems that could hurt them in some games. Aside from all that, the most worrisome to me is their method of playing to their competitions level. I could be wrong, never said I was an expert.- Holmes 55 Simon Kenton 47
I don't think I said Holmes isn't "that good". I did say that SK is not very good, and I'll stand by that. Holmes plays to their competition. Also I did not say YOU were given the excuses out, however I'm assuming you took that to heart. I think it's great to give credit to SK for playing a good game. But everytime you say "They hit the 3's which obviously affected the margin of score", that is more of an underhanded excuse imo. Again, I want Holmes to win it all, so no need for you to get riled up. I was just stating some obvious things to me.- Who will win the 9th Region?
I'll go with Clyde on this one. Highlands isn't much of a threat at all IMO. Highlands is good, but they're VERY inconsistent. And when I say good, I'm not getting excited over it. They are as good as the rest of the teams behind Holmes and Boone on any given night. And I'm going to go with my gut and say CovCath takes it to Beechwood on Monday night and it will be Holmes and CovCath out of our district. Holmes will [hopefully] take it all.- Holmes 55 Simon Kenton 47
It is always the same excuse, a certain player got in foul trouble, or they play a slow tempo game, or they were lights out from the 3, or sat in a zone. Here is the thing, Holmes plays to the level of their competition. Which is why when they play the likes of Scott Co. they played well, but when they play teams like SK it stays close. I want Holmes to bring home the trophy as much as the next person, but there are far too many signs pointing in the "maybe next year..." direction for me. I see an upset abrewing. Good luck to the dawgs anyways, I hope you all do well in the upcoming districts and regionals.- Holmes 55 Simon Kenton 47
I just watched SK on Tuesday and I hope this is a wake up call for Holmes, if not they may not have many games left in them. SK was less than impressive. Understand about the 3's, but still...work on your perimeter defense because everytime a team has stayed close one of the "reasons" is that they shot lights out from outside.- Covington Catholic 68 Simon Kenton 55
If he has a bad night and tries to force things as well, then yes I agree, there is no way CovCath will see the Friday night game. However if for some reason Luke is having an off night and sees this than driving to the basket and using inside game can be just as effective.- 9th Region Baseball Discussion
They had the best catcher [Maile] and first baseman [isler] in NKY. Beyond that they have solid of just about everything. I'd say they are better than average ball players. It'd be nice to have a team comprised of all the "best at each position" players though lol.- 9th Region Baseball Discussion
My thinking too. :eyeonyou:- Scott 54 Covington Catholic 42
I mean, did you see the shooting statistics? No money in the world is going to be enough to buy into that one. It is time to adjust to what works, and unfortunately it is not the outside shooting. I think that has been shown and proven. Work it into your big men, drive to the basket, continue to play defense. They will NOT beat Beechwood on Monday if they do not use their inside game.- Scott 54 Covington Catholic 42
You would think this but that is not Cov Cath basketball.:cry:- Scott 54 Covington Catholic 42
:dancingpa- Elliott County 89 Ballard 75
Elliott Co. seems to deserve more recognition than some on here would like to give. Congratulations!- Dixie Heights 71 Covington Catholic 51
There ARE kids out there playing who are playing hard and trying to make things happen as a team. By putting in all those JV players it would be disrespectful to the four years they have put in. They STILL have a district game in a week against Beechwood to play. I agree the JV players are good kids, and they play their hearts out, but that does not always translate to varsity success. And Heimbrock has been playing for the varsity and he has been doing well.- Dixie Heights 71 Covington Catholic 51
Hatton was impressive in the JV game. Seems like he might force things at times, but overall nice. Pike did not stand out to me. Incredibly disappointing varsity game if youre a CovCath fan. First half it was neck and neck, and down low Isler was dominating. At half he had ten. And that opened up more for the outside game. Second half, they come out and it is a total "I" effort. It was apparent there are a couple of kids out there playing for number one only. Should also mention Wellbrocks rebounds, I believe he ended up with 12. Needs to generate some offensive production... Hats off to Dixie for shooting 70% in the second half. You all deserved this win!- Dixie Heights 71 Covington Catholic 51
Dixie shot 70% in the second half and only missed one FT. Cov Cath didn't.......- CovCath Baseball 2009 (Third Time's the Charm)
He went to middle school out in Union, where the Islers live and chose to go to Ryle with the people he knew. He did not play for the Kentucky Kids, but plays for another program and he will be a 6'4 just about 6'5 230 sophmore.- St. Henry 59 Covington Catholic 54
Right now the odd man out would be Wellbrock, not Isler. The kid is vastly underperforming. Without his 19 rebounds the other night, what has he done? It is hard to watch him play, because he has potential, but there is nothing. Isler had 8 pts in the first half, and got none in the second. They completely went away from the inside game, as they have all year when it is working. 8 pts in one half is not bad from your center.... And yes if Thelen were healthy, I would have him in there instead of Wellbrock in a heartbeat. I think Thelen would deserve it. Wellbrock would come off the bench and hopefully that would spark him to become more productive.- CovCath Baseball 2009 (Third Time's the Charm)
I can tell you that at the end of the season, yes he was. I sat directly behind two scouts at the region semi-final game versus Dixie, and he was hitting 86 to 88 consistently. He did throw 84 to 85 on some pitches. As far as at the beginning of the season, I'm not sure, just was nice to get him throwing. His younger brother, Matt should be ready to go for Ryle this season. He is throwing pretty well from what I've heard, should be a solid pitcher for the JV team. - Cov. Cath. upcoming Juniors.