Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CovCath Baseball 2009 (Third Time's the Charm)

Featured Replies

With baseball practices and tryouts kicking off in about a week and a half let's start elaborating on the gaping holes in CovCath's lineup.

 

So far:

 

Catcher - Maile

1st base - Isler

SS - Holocher

3rd Base - Darner

2nd - Lafever

CF - Nutini

LF - ???????

RF - ???????

 

When Nutini pitches that outfield is going to suffer. I have a feeling CovCath might hit some growing pains early on. What are your thoughts?

  • Replies 84
  • Views 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The key to their success will be (hold on for the shock) pitching. Do they have enough to run the table in tourney play? They appear to have 2 pretty good pitchers in Isler and Nutini that they can count on. After that is where Krumps will earn his kudos.

With baseball practices and tryouts kicking off in about a week and a half let's start elaborating on the gaping holes in CovCath's lineup.

 

So far:

 

Catcher - Maile

1st base - Isler

SS - Holocher

3rd Base - Darner

2nd - Lafever

CF - Nutini

LF - ???????

RF - ???????

 

When Nutini pitches that outfield is going to suffer. I have a feeling CovCath might hit some growing pains early on. What are your thoughts?

 

Klein was a big loss for them, both from an OF'ing and pitching perspective. I would think that Warning should pick up some time in OF.

  • Author
Klein was a big loss for them, both from an OF'ing and pitching perspective. I would think that Warning should pick up some time in OF.

 

I agree. Warning and Martin should get time in the outfield but even then where do you go when Nutini pitches? And when Isler pitches who plays first? My guess is Krumme plays first while a Junior like Brett Stayton DH's.

 

Also Krumme will be a solid #3. My clearest recollection of him last year is when he held Male to 0 earned runs in 7 innings. Also I think Krumme can play some outfield as well but I don't think he ever has for Varsity.

  • Author
Klein was a big loss for them, both from an OF'ing and pitching perspective. I would think that Warning should pick up some time in OF.

 

Can't forget about him AND Van Sant.

PK (Krumme) very underated IMO

As I have stated in other threads I think Logan Siemer will be the starting 2nd baseman with LaFever going to the outfield. LaFever is a ballplayer and IMO can play the OF with no problem.

 

With Mattie seemingly gone for the year, and the likely hood of Mitch not being able to play looking more and more possible, I am not as positive as I was with both those two gone from the lineup. Scoring runs still shouldn't be a problem for this CovCath team, as with Maile, Isler, Nutin and Darner you have IMO the strongest batting lineup in NKy, but the "D" is a big worry to me....

What gaping holes? Are you kidding me. What will "Bill" do? Oh and from what I was told TOG, Mitch wasn't ever playing. I'm not sure why you are stuck on that. Wishful thinking I'm sure. He would have been an excellent addition if he was playing. "IF". My question to the CovCath faithful is VanSant really not playing?

My question to the CovCath faithful is VanSant really not playing?

 

It appears that he is not.

  • Author
What gaping holes? Are you kidding me. What will "Bill" do? Oh and from what I was told TOG, Mitch wasn't ever playing. I'm not sure why you are stuck on that. Wishful thinking I'm sure. He would have been an excellent addition if he was playing. "IF". My question to the CovCath faithful is VanSant really not playing?

 

He is NOT playing I have stated this in other threads to you tdy. :confused:

He is NOT playing I have stated this in other threads to you tdy. :confused:

 

Wow!!! Easy there pitbull. My ADD must be kicking in. Seems like I hit a nerve or something.

As I have stated in other threads I think Logan Siemer will be the starting 2nd baseman with LaFever going to the outfield. LaFever is a ballplayer and IMO can play the OF with no problem.

 

With Mattie seemingly gone for the year, and the likely hood of Mitch not being able to play looking more and more possible, I am not as positive as I was with both those two gone from the lineup. Scoring runs still shouldn't be a problem for this CovCath team, as with Maile, Isler, Nutin and Darner you have IMO the strongest batting lineup in NKy, but the "D" is a big worry to me....

 

Matt is a big loss IMO, :lol:but you act like Mitch was going to play...

  • Author
Matt is a big loss IMO, :lol:but you act like Mitch was going to play...

 

Hey you never know.....:p

Matt is a big loss IMO, :lol:but you act like Mitch was going to play...

 

And you are so sure he wasn't, even when Coop in another thread said in fact that he just might.....

And you are so sure he wasn't, even when Coop in another thread said in fact that he just might.....

 

Yes I am sure he wasn't.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.