Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CovCath Baseball 2009 (Third Time's the Charm)

Featured Replies

  • Author
Yes I am sure he wasn't.

 

Cards why do you seem so sure?

  • Replies 84
  • Views 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you are so sure he wasn't, even when Coop in another thread said in fact that he just might.....

 

He won't play even if healthy enough.

He won't play even if healthy enough.

 

Maybe not now, but as of a month or two ago I assure you that it was still a discussion in the Shover household and I am positive no one can question my source.

Maybe not now, but as of a month or two ago I assure you that it was still a discussion in the Shover household and I am positive no one can question my source.

 

Coop thank you again.....:D

I guess asking him yourself is not a good source. Coop, maybe his dad wanted him to but I can tell you that Mitch never wanted to unless problems inside the baseball program changed.

I guess asking him yourself is not a good source. Coop, maybe his dad wanted him to but I can tell you that Mitch never wanted to unless problems inside the baseball program changed.

 

And, of course, maybe back in October and November they had real hopes that there would be this change you are talking about. I highly doubt Mitch was telling his dad one thing and his friends another. Mitch's dad - whom I've known for over 25 years - is not the type to be pushing Mitch into playing where Mitch would feel forced to make him believe he's thinking about it. I'm pretty confident that, as of a couple months ago, there was some sincere discussion about him giving it another go under the right conditions.

And, of course, maybe back in October and November they had real hopes that there would be this change you are talking about. I highly doubt Mitch was telling his dad one thing and his friends another. Mitch's dad - whom I've known for over 25 years - is not the type to be pushing Mitch into playing where Mitch would feel forced to make him believe he's thinking about it. I'm pretty confident that, as of a couple months ago, there was some sincere discussion about him giving it another go under the right conditions.

 

I know what your saying he would never do that. But would the right condititions with the program have happened?

  • Author
I know what your saying he would never do that. But would the right condititions with the program have happened?

 

I'm not positive what the actual problems Mitch was worried about and that's not something that needs to be discussed on here but I know the team would accept him back with open arms if he wanted to come back. Who wouldn't? He's a great talent and CovCath is missing out on it if he doesn't play.

Good news/?? for CCH IMO.

 

They have the best 4-man offensive combo in NKY in Maile/Darner/Isler/Nutini.

 

However, 9 guys bat and there is where the question marks come in.

Maybe not now, but as of a month or two ago I assure you that it was still a discussion in the Shover household and I am positive no one can question my source.

 

Things change and can still change. Krumps wants him to play.

To be honest, I'm surprised at a lot of the concerns above. I think this might be the best CovCath baseball team since the team that had the most wins in the country. They should win state. And I don't think that I am being overly optimistic.

Good news/?? for CCH IMO.

 

They have the best 4-man offensive combo in NKY in Maile/Darner/Isler/Nutini.

 

However, 9 guys bat and there is where the question marks come in.

 

That has to be the best 4-man offensive combo in the state.

To be honest, I'm surprised at a lot of the concerns above. I think this might be the best CovCath baseball team since the team that had the most wins in the country. They should win state. And I don't think that I am being overly optimistic.

 

Until this team proves otherwise, the 2005 team was the best since the championship team. No D1 players but lots of depth 1 through 9.

  • Author
Until this team proves otherwise, the 2005 team was the best since the championship team. No D1 players but lots of depth 1 through 9.

 

If this team had more a dominant pitcher like Rob Harmon on this squad I would disagree. Isler and Nutini are great pitchers but are far from dominant. Pitching depth with be a problem. When you have Darner, Isler, and Maile hitting the other 6 become very small problems.

Any of the pitchers from last years JV ready for prime time varsity action? I saw Adam Shumate throw a few times on the JV level and was impressed with him as a freshmen at that level. With a good year of summer ball I would think he might have an opportunity to pitch at the varsity level?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.