Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007/2008 Covington Catholic

Featured Replies

Yea and 1 and done at Rupp, again.

 

 

From my memory, aren't CovCath and Holmes the only two schools from the 9th who have made it past the first round in the last 7-9 years?

  • Replies 33
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea and 1 and done at Rupp, again.

 

Didn't Holmes win their first game last year?

Didn't Holmes win their first game last year?

Yes, you are correct. For the 9th region that is an accomplishment. Kudos to that team.

Chris Roll is a very good player. I played with him a couple times this summer and he's a very solid all around gamer. I'm also a huge fan of Mike Grimes who is a very scrappy player and I look to have a very stellar year. Any underclassmen that will contribute?

Covington Catholic will be very good this year, but as mentioned, not a physically large team (in terms of size in the post). I'm a big fan of Bondick but would love to see the young man maintain his compusure in the fact of adversity. Love his energy and passion though.

 

Roll is a nice player. Sweet stroke and suprisingly quick.

 

All I know about Mitch Shover is his Dad is a nice guy. I haven't seen as much of him as I have the others.

 

Maile will be a monster this year and next. Noll needs to be solid in the post this year for this team to be elite. Isler should be able to provide some tough minutes here and there.

 

I was told a couple of years ago that Michael Grimes would be the sleeper in this class and that person (predictably) wasn't wrong. Doesn't do anything great but does nearly everything good. A perfect part of a successful team. He'll have his occasional 20 point game, but he is a guy that you can count on for 10 and 8 most nights with solid defense and limited mistakes.

Yes, you are correct. For the 9th region that is an accomplishment. Kudos to that team.

 

You mean besides the 04 CCH team who made the final 4, right?

You mean besides the 04 CCH team who made the final 4, right?

This belongs in another thread. As far as this year CovCath, they will be where they always are. In the 9th region finals and looking at another trip to Rupp. Covcath and Holmes are again the class of the rgion

Didn't Holmes win their first game last year?

 

They lost to Scott Co. in the semis last year.

As we've said before about Mailie, he will be a good one IF he plays.

Covington Catholic will be very good this year, but as mentioned, not a physically large team (in terms of size in the post). I'm a big fan of Bondick but would love to see the young man maintain his compusure in the fact of adversity. Love his energy and passion though.

 

Roll is a nice player. Sweet stroke and suprisingly quick.

 

.

 

I like Bondick's aggressiveness. Hopefully, now that he's a senior he doesn't feel like there's a lot of pressure on him and he relaxes a bit. I do enjoy his hard-nosed style. He was really bothering Jefferson in the district finals with his aggressive, physical D. He can also hit some hot streaks from the outside.

 

Rolle should fill it up this year. He has a very nice stroke and , like Bondick, can hit a hot streak as well. I think with increased PT he will not fee like he has to immediately fill it up.

 

You don't want to leave him open.

As we've said before about Mailie, he will be a good one IF he plays.

I think in the long run he plays, but there may be some merit there to everyones comments

 

Currently he's playing on the golf team, a sport he loves. I think the biggest reason he's doing it is to get a break from basketball and baseball which have become year around sports if you let the coach determine your schedule. If you play golf and baseball you get a break over the winter to train, workout and just get a break(mentally and physically) from the pounding of an organized sport on a daily basis.

I look for big things from Bondick and Grimes. Noll could be a HUGE help if he got physical down below. Think we will see the typical Coach L man to man with the speed or see MAYBE a zone this year?

I look for big things from Bondick and Grimes. Noll could be a HUGE help if he got physical down below. Think we will see the typical Coach L man to man with the speed or see MAYBE a zone this year?

 

 

Their depth and hustle would preclude them from playing zone against the majority of teams. However, I'd be all for the implemetation of it against teams they have trouble matching up with.

Mitch Shover is a Matt Nestheide in the making. Look at him and his shot, you don't think much. Also, both preffered to distribute to their teammates then look for themselves, but when the team NEEDS a bucket, Mitch will take over. Next year, Luke and Mitch are going to take this region by storm IMO.

MAYBE a zone this year?

I hope you are joking.:laugh: :laugh:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.