Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Titleist Pro V

Featured Replies

This is probably the best golf ball being played today. However, it's not for me. If I were a low handicap golfer, I'd play them. But I'm around a 11 or 12 handicapper.

 

I will not play a ball that it hurts my very being to lose, because they cost $45 a dozen.

 

I have some friends that play them, and if they lose one, you can bet that they will spend 20 minutes looking for it, and back up the entire golf course behind them.

 

Give me a Laddie or a Noodle. If I lose it....BIG DEAL!!!!

This is probably the best golf ball being played today. However, it's not for me. If I were a low handicap golfer, I'd play them. But I'm around a 11 or 12 handicapper.

 

I will not play a ball that it hurts my very being to lose, because they cost $45 a dozen.

 

I have some friends that play them, and if they lose one, you can bet that they will spend 20 minutes looking for it, and back up the entire golf course behind them.

 

Give me a Laddie or a Noodle. If I lose it....BIG DEAL!!!!

 

I see what you are saying. However, I am a Pro V1X player. Now I don't pay $45/dozen for them (thanks to having a few connections:D ), but I can tell a difference between it and other balls. In fact, just a couple of weeks ago, I did a blind "test hit" at my home course. They put white out on all the writing on the balls (3 different brands) and told me to identify the Pro V1X. I did it with no problem. Felt better coming off the clubface and went about 10 yards farther.

  • Author
I see what you are saying. However, I am a Pro V1X player. Now I don't pay $45/dozen for them (thanks to having a few connections:D ), but I can tell a difference between it and other balls. In fact, just a couple of weeks ago, I did a blind "test hit" at my home course. They put white out on all the writing on the balls (3 different brands) and told me to identify the Pro V1X. I did it with no problem. Felt better coming off the clubface and went about 10 yards farther.

I take it you don't lose too many of them.:D

If I could play them until they wore out, and then replace them with a new one, then I'd play them too. But for right now, I'll settle with the $20 a dozen balls, or whatever I find. I see your point, but with my game, well....what the heck!:jump:

I can surely tell a big difference when I hit them. They are worth the $45 I think. However I don't play them on holes with water. :D

I can surely tell a big difference when I hit them. They are worth the $45 I think. However I don't play them on holes with water. :D
I play them every hole. Water or not, phenomonal golf ball.

By far the best balls on the market, I don't play anything besides the Pro V1x. Although, the new NXT Tour's are a hair away from the Pro V's and the average golfer would be much better off buying them instead even though they will be a few bucks more than they used to be. On the other hand, the new NXT Extreme's won't be quite as good as they were and the price is actually going to drop a few bucks.

The ProV1's are definitely a great golf ball. I think far and away better than the others is a stretch. The Taylor Made TP's and the Callaway HX Tour's are very close to them. I actually play the TP's a lot. Just so you guys know, the TP red is the same as the X, and the black is the same as the ProV1.

Some good balls you guys that like the cheaper balls may want to consider playing are some of the lower dollar Srixon balls (AD333 and Soft Feel) and the new Maxfli Fire balls. All of those should be about 20 to 25 bucks a dozen. Pinnacle Exception isnt a bad ball either.

The ProV1's are definitely a great golf ball. I think far and away better than the others is a stretch. The Taylor Made TP's and the Callaway HX Tour's are very close to them. I actually play the TP's a lot. Just so you guys know, the TP red is the same as the X, and the black is the same as the ProV1.

Some good balls you guys that like the cheaper balls may want to consider playing are some of the lower dollar Srixon balls (AD333 and Soft Feel) and the new Maxfli Fire balls. All of those should be about 20 to 25 bucks a dozen. Pinnacle Exception isnt a bad ball either.

 

I've been known to pull out a Pinnacle Exception here and there. Depends on the course and on the competition I'm playing against.

Are you guys talking about Titleist Golf Balls perchance ?

Are you guys talking about Titleist Golf Balls perchance ?

Um, yeah.

The ProV1's are definitely a great golf ball. I think far and away better than the others is a stretch. The Taylor Made TP's and the Callaway HX Tour's are very close to them. I actually play the TP's a lot. Just so you guys know, the TP red is the same as the X, and the black is the same as the ProV1.

Some good balls you guys that like the cheaper balls may want to consider playing are some of the lower dollar Srixon balls (AD333 and Soft Feel) and the new Maxfli Fire balls. All of those should be about 20 to 25 bucks a dozen. Pinnacle Exception isnt a bad ball either.

 

I thought the TP Red spun more, which would make it closer to a Pro VI?

I take it you don't lose too many of them.:D

If I could play them until they wore out, and then replace them with a new one, then I'd play them too. But for right now, I'll settle with the $20 a dozen balls, or whatever I find. I see your point, but with my game, well....what the heck!:jump:

:laugh: :laugh: You just need a entended shaf ball retiever....:D

 

By the way , my son just won 2 boxes of the Pro V in a golf tourney.

I really like the ProV1's especially for their feel off the club, and how they handle around the greens. I pay $1 each for them from a guy that walks our course and finds them. The ones I get look brand new, with no marks other than an occational logo or sharpie marking. He tells me that he can find a hundred or more in a couple of hours on a Sunday evening.

 

I bought 107 of them a couple of weeks ago. That will last me and my boys a long time.

I thought the TP Red spun more, which would make it closer to a Pro VI?

I thought that the V1x spun more.

Are you guys talking about Titleist Golf Balls perchance ?

 

I just re read the title of this thread and I cant stop laughing that I didnt catch it sooner.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.