The Cincinnati Chili Debate

polarbear1994

Who has the best chili in Cincinnati?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Who has the best chili in Cincinnati?

• Skyline Chili
    • Gold Star Chili
    • Empress Chili
    • Dixie Chili
    • Price Hill Chili
    • Other

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that. I was at the Ft. Wright Family Restaurant the other day. While I did not partake in the chili there, a couple of three ways went past our table and smelled pretty good. Anyone had their chili?

I had it as a kid (I grew up with my grandparents in Fort Mitchell so the Ft. Wright Restaurant was a frequent stop) and from what I remember it was very very good chili. I actually thought about putting it as my favorite when I first saw this thread but it's been so long since I've had it.

I would have to say Skyline then Dixie for me. Ft. Wright could top it if I get back there to try it out again.

I have yet to read any of the responses on here, but I know it is bittersweet anytime I go into Skyline down here. Mainly because, while its good and I get my Cincy Chili fix, it isn't the best I COULD get...that belongs to Dixie Chili, and there really is no debating it, it's the best by far...

I grew up eating Dixie, but the thing that put Gold Star over the top for me was how much Gold Star gives back to the community.

They are wonderful to the Fort Thomas Jr. Football league in helping support our annual fundraiser. Also, I have seen them at basketball games giving away coneys. I love their community envolvement and their support of students. For those reasons, (and I really like their chili), I am now a GOLD STAR CHILI FAN. :clap:

When I moved to this area many moons ago, I was appalled to see that cinnamon and chocolate were ingredients in the local chili. I can eat some of it as sauce on a hot dog, or over spaghetti as long as there's enough cheese and onions to overpower it, but that's about it. An acquired taste, I guess.