Everything posted by 20/20Hindsight
-
Who Is The Most Accomplished
He was my first thought too.
-
Murder of Beechwood grad in Boone County
Did I miss the motive???
-
Apple to unveil Iphone 5 September 12th
Cool. I have the 4, which means I'm in your wife's shoes.
-
Apple to unveil Iphone 5 September 12th
What exactly does the new 3D feature do? I don't think I noticed that as an option after I did my update.
-
Apple to unveil Iphone 5 September 12th
Is this upgrade for the 4 too, or just the 4s and 5? I did the update for my iPhone 4, but didn't notice any changes to the camera.
-
Apple to unveil Iphone 5 September 12th
Doing the same.
-
XC Rule
Wow! That's crazy. If I was the opposing coach, there's no way I could bring myself to protest due to the color of stitching! I would want my athletes to be proud in advancing on their merits, not some stupid technicality.
-
Apple to unveil Iphone 5 September 12th
Is it 4G?
-
Newport 2012/2013
Nature of the beast. All three districts have very transient families. Obviously, that can result in a nice athletic transfer every once in a while. However, as you can imagine from an academic standpoint, having a highly transient population takes its toll on classroom achievement. Granted, every once in a while, you hit the athletic jackpot with a transfer. As someone with roots in Newport--both professionally and as a student-- I'll say this: I'd be willing to bet all three of the districts you mentioned would rather pass on the athletic transfers if it meant a steadier enrollment where kids weren't just "district hopping" every two or three months. It's hard to establish a solid academic foundation when a kid is moving from district to district like that. Gotta give the good with the bad.
-
Oregon school unveils the ‘Black Hole
Definitely makes sense from an economical standpoint. $150,000 savings because they didn't need to dye the turf? Wow! That kind of savings would be hard to turn down. I hadn't thought about the radiation of heat off of it though. Wonder what the temperature difference is between black and green turf...
-
NKYMSFL 2010
Tichenor
-
NKYMSFL 2010
I think the rules are voted on by AD's and coaches in the league. However, it seems like it may be time to take another look at the rules to determine if updates should be made.
-
NKYMSFL 2010
Ha! No worries...been there done that.
-
NKYMSFL 2010
They are. However, Newport is hosting three games that day. Turkeyfoot v. Campbell, Twenhofel v. Summit View, and Newport vs. Ncc. Games start at 10:00.
-
The Real View of Northern Kentucky Football
I could be wrong, but I think he (or she!) is just referring to Northern Kentucky teams.
- NKYMSFL 2010
-
NKYMSFL 2010
Ah...gotcha! Thanks for the clarification. :thumb:
-
NKYMSFL 2010
That's interesting. Ludlow is in the small school division and I'm pretty sure Cov. Cath is in the big school division. I didn't think the two divisions mixed this year.
-
Stadium Pictures
This is what Newport's stadium is looking like these days. View Larger Map
-
Dayton, KY
Wow...this is news to me. I didn't know Barbie had resigned. And yes, I agree that she was a great coach while at Dayton. Any word on whether Barbie is planning on coaching somewhere else?
-
Dayton, KY
Are you referring to volleyball?
-
Newport 2010/2011
Good to hear. Which kids are these?
-
Holmes Looking for a New Head Coach
That's an interesting take. Care to elaborate?
-
Who Will Be The New Ludlow Coach
Mike Clary, long time assistant to Aaron Stamm at Ludlow, is Blake Clary's uncle. Adam Clary, I believe, is of no relation.
-
Aric Russell is new Campbell County Coach
I started hearing the rumors that this would be Russel's last year coaching at Newport mid-season.