Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

On 7/7/2020 at 12:38 PM, bugatti said:

Correct. As I understand there is a lag in full reporting. Last week the numbers were higher than 71, but yes the death rate trend is positive. The recent spike in cases will be interesting to track in the coming weeks. The more people with positive cases, the more likely - regardless if treatment has improved - deaths will increase. Will probably be 2-3 more weeks before we get an idea on the impact of the recent surge.

On July 7th I noted to check back in a couple weeks regarding deaths. We are again over that 1,000/day mark. Damn.

22 minutes ago, bugatti said:

On July 7th I noted to check back in a couple weeks regarding deaths. We are again over that 1,000/day mark. Damn.

According to who? 

Here is the CDC count.  And it lags a good 2 to 3 weeks for full reporting. 

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

The trend has been down nationally.  The 7/18 week shows 336 deaths "involving" covid and 10, 577 total deaths.  That is about 1/5th the expected total deaths (should run around 50K a week based on chart).  So 5 times 336 is less than 2,000.  And that should keep the trend going down. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bluegrasscard said:

According to who? 

Here is the CDC count.  And it lags a good 2 to 3 weeks for full reporting. 

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

The trend has been down nationally.  The 7/18 week shows 336 deaths "involving" covid and 10, 577 total deaths.  That is about 1/5th the expected total deaths (should run around 50K a week based on chart).  So 5 times 336 is less than 2,000.  And that should keep the trend going down. 

Johns Hopkins as reported by every news outlet. But we know we do not trust them, or the media, or the CDC.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, swamprat said:

Mrs. S has had a cough for more than a month. She kept telling me it was from the Lisinopril she had been taking for her high blood pressure. Coughing is a side effect with Lisinopril. When she went to the doctor in May he checked her lungs, heard nothing unusual, cut the amount of Lisinopril she was taking in half, and replaced the other half with another HP med. However the cough kept getting worse. I finally talked her into letting me take her to the doctor yesterday. 

I wonder if there could still be a possibility that she started having the cough in the first place due to the Lisinopril.  I know you said the doctor cut the dosage in half, but I'd see about changing it altogether.  I say that, because that's what I took, and had the same dang cough.  It wasn't productive, just an annoyance.  Doctor went ahead and switched me to Losartin and I've been fine (cough-wise) ever since.

As to the pneumonia, I'm not a doctor, nor do I pretend to be one.  But, I wonder about the fact that so many people have just been lying around for the past 4 months or so, that we're doing much more shallow breathing and not fully evacuating our lungs the way we might normally do.  So, maybe some things (bacteria, fungi, etc.) that might normally get expelled, are now able to settle in easier?  Either way, hope she recovers quickly.

12 hours ago, swamprat said:

These are ICU availability from an hour ago.

All of the 5 counties that show 0% availability are counties with very low populations and few ICU beds to begin with, the exception being Hernando County that has 62 ICU beds. The others are Monroe(13 beds), Nassau(8), Okeechobee(8), and Putnum(11).

The hardest hit counties Broward (Ft. Lauderdale), Miam-Dade, Palm Beach, Hillsborough, Pinellas, Duval, and Orange Counties all have ICU beds available. Hillsborough has the fewest at 9% availability. Both Palm Beach and Duval are over 22% ICU availability. 450 ICU beds are currently available in those counties alone.

In the BayCare hospital system ICUs only 33% of the patients in ICU are Covid and that is because of one hospital in Polk County, Winter Haven (a 136 bed ICU) is at 70% Covid.

Pediatric ICUs are in even better shape. Only St. Lucie County has none of it's 6 Pediatric ICU beds available. Most others have over 30% availability.

Thanks for this information.   Apparently the sky isn’t quite falling after all.  

18 minutes ago, CincySportsFan said:

I wonder if there could still be a possibility that she started having the cough in the first place due to the Lisinopril.  I know you said the doctor cut the dosage in half, but I'd see about changing it altogether.  I say that, because that's what I took, and had the same dang cough.  It wasn't productive, just an annoyance.  Doctor went ahead and switched me to Losartin and I've been fine (cough-wise) ever since.

As to the pneumonia, I'm not a doctor, nor do I pretend to be one.  But, I wonder about the fact that so many people have just been lying around for the past 4 months or so, that we're doing much more shallow breathing and not fully evacuating our lungs the way we might normally do.  So, maybe some things (bacteria, fungi, etc.) that might normally get expelled, are now able to settle in easier?  Either way, hope she recovers quickly.

I take Lisinopril and this is the first I've heard of the coughing side effect.

31 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

I formerly took it, and while it didn't give me a cough, I had a constant tickle in my throat, so I eventually got onto a different medication.

1 hour ago, Randy Parker said:

I also take 40 mg a day for about ten years and didn’t know coughing was a side affect, I guess I been fortunate that I have had no side effects from it, have blood work every six months as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Irish Cat said:

Thanks for this information.   Apparently the sky isn’t quite falling after all.  

There is an in between. It isn't one extreme or the other. We are currently on the cusp of the danger zone. Everyone needs to pitch in and try every current recommendation to keep us open.