Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, 00Rocket28 said:

That and the fact some tests were sent out to be used, already contaminated with COVID-19. Further showing you can’t trust any of the numbers. The CDC botched the tests and yet people are still blindly believing...

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/cdc-coronavirus-test-kits-were-likely-contaminated-federal-review-confirms/2020/06/20/1ceb4e16-b2ef-11ea-8f56-63f38c990077_story.html

I long for the perfect world you believe in.

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I long for the perfect world you believe in.

You come on here trying to mislead people on the reg. “5 counties in Florida have no ICU bed vacancies!” Trying to hype up more fear. Get called out cause some those counties don’t even have ICU’s, and then can’t even own it. Facts are facts man. Whether you want to ignore them or not. 

27 minutes ago, 00Rocket28 said:

2 weeks till gyms are shutdown again. But people at a higher risk of heart disease/stroke/diabetes than COVID will still be able to stuff their face with as much DoorDash fast food as their hearts desire. 

That is my only fear.  I could just continue to work out at work. Or even do activities outside but I really prefer going go the gym.

28 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I long for the perfect world you believe in.

Furthermore, there’s only two possible reasons for the contaminated tests going out. Incompetence, or corruption. Neither of which is acceptable, and neither will cause me to trust anything they put out in regards to the numbers.

2 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Stand alone bars closed and restaurants back to 25% capacity for 2 weeks in KY.  Starts tomorrow at 5pm I believe. 

What is restaurant capacity now?  50%?

50 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

What is restaurant capacity now?  50%?

That's what the restriction is. I am sure plenty didn't follow it though.

7 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

That's what the restriction is. I am sure plenty didn't follow it though.

We haven't dined in much, but the places we went to seemed to be doing what was expected.  But I am sure you're right that plenty didn't. 

53 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

That's what the restriction is. I am sure plenty didn't follow it though.

 

43 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

We haven't dined in much, but the places we went to seemed to be doing what was expected.  But I am sure you're right that plenty didn't. 

I haven’t gone out to eat since things started to reopen. I have a buddy that has been told twice, at two different establishments that the restaurant is at capacity and he needs to put his name on the wait list and sit in his car.

I would imagine the larger chains are following orders. I doubt many of the mom and pop places are.

Just now, MBWC41 said:

 

I haven’t gone out to eat since things started to reopen. I have a buddy that has been told twice, at two different establishments that the restaurant is at capacity and he needs to put his name on the wait list and sit in his car.

I would imagine the larger chains are following orders. I doubt many of the mom and pop places are.

We've eaten at just one mom and pop.  They did pretty well, but they've also increased their outdoor seating capacity. 

The two chains we've been to both were fine too.  Olive Garden and Cracker Barrel. 

I think it's more the bars and night life (which I havent seen in person) that seem to more the culprits, which are forcing many restaurants and breweries to suffer.

I've been very impressed with how strict breweries have been.

6 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I think it's more the bars and night life (which I havent seen in person) that seem to more the culprits, which are forcing many restaurants and breweries to suffer.

I've been very impressed with how strict breweries have been.

Unfortunately some of the breweries will be the first to die off due to these closures.

Any mention, discussion, and media regarding politics or political figures is expressly prohibited on BluegrassPreps. This includes, but is not limited to the mention or names of any elected or publicly appointed officials, both domestic and foreign, by name, title, or by the offices held (e.g. - president, governor, chancellor, minister, senator, congressman, commissioner, attorney general, county clerk, magistrate, Beshear, Clinton, Lincoln, Merkel, Obama, Putin, Reagan, Roosevelt, Trudeau, Trump, etc). Any direct references or inferences to political terminology and activities, (e.g. - government, Democrat, Republican, GOP, conservative, liberal, campaign, lobby, legislature, filibuster, caucus, etc) and anything else deemed political in nature by the BGP staff is also prohibited from the site. Likewise, this also includes 3rd party links to articles that are political in name or in nature. Additionally, the use of names/nicknames deemed by the BGP staff as references to political figures (e.g. - Andy, Donald, Tricky Dick, Slick Willy) will not be permitted on BluegrassPreps.

Keeping in mind BGP's core purpose as a sports-discussion community, discussion of the the managing bodies specifically serving over high school, college, amateur, and professional sports leagues (KHSAA, NCAA, IOC, MLB, MLS, NBA, NFL et al), along with the officers, officials and the titles held by the individuals within those organizations is permitted on BGP. Similarly, high school and college/university administrators and officials, when discussed in a strictly non-political manner, are all permissible on BGP.

8 hours ago, Bluegrasscard said:

Updated numbers out. 

I am using the week of 7/18 as a benchmark as to how numbers slowly come in at national level - at least this this measurement point. 

Week of 7/18 shows 2,373 COVID related deaths.  The percent of "expected (total) deaths" is up to 67%.  So extrapolating would lead to around 3,500 deaths total is where it looks like that week will land. 

The previous two weeks are now at 99 and 98 percent of total expected deaths so most the reporting for those weeks should be done.  There is an uptick.  Starting with 6/27 (the low mark since March) the numbers are now - 3,384, 3,689 and 3,814 progressively. 

If 7/18 and 7/25 come in below 4,000 then it would look like the fatality rate may have stabilized, regardless of the "cases".  And maybe that is the best it gets for now. 

For comparison the peak was 4/18 at almost 17,000 deaths per week nationally. 

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm?fbclid=IwAR1JB2ef0yMyVsrKhcXSyVh48jA1LssMmWjyVuCfSm_FwO1oiVwct6j9AuQ

 

 

 

I don't know about the national death rate, but the death rate in Florida, one of the "hot" spots, dropped below 1.4% for the first time since early March. 

1 hour ago, swamprat said:

I don't know about the national death rate, but the death rate in Florida, one of the "hot" spots, dropped below 1.4% for the first time since early March. 

I would like to see what the death rate has been over the past month or two. I also wonder what the ICU rate is the past couple months. I think both of those are dramatically lower than they were back in April. That is why I am in favor of pushing ahead with everything despite high new case rates - as long as we keep mandatory mask rules in place.

9 hours ago, 00Rocket28 said:

Unfortunately some of the breweries will be the first to die off due to these closures.

They are owned by a resilient people who are finding ways to do what they can to stay open.  Many have their own food or food trucks, so they fall under restaurants but its still brutal for them.

It's pretty frustrating when many of the establishments are following any and all safety precautions but the few that don't ruin it for everyone.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.