Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

1 minute ago, Bluegrasscard said:

There has been for years.  Including the original SARS outbreak. 

Again, I'm talking specifically related to COVID. If it was successful, it would have already been put to use by numerous sources across the country. There is an obvious reason it hasnt. 

13 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

No offense but on that I am going to follow the recommendation of the many doctors and experts saying wear the mask. Plus, if the mask doesn't help, then having an open economy and schools and sports is hopeless till we get a vaccine. I prefer to try it versus try nothing and watch everything shut down again.

On HCQ, you are referring to hydrochloriquine? I thought every study done showed it is ineffective?

The recent studies have lots of problems and some have now been fully retracted.  The one in Brazil with the high level doses was grossly inappropriate.  The proactive function is well known.  The use at late stages (where most of the studies have focused) is known to have challenges.  Also some, if not most, studies have ignored the use of zinc as the other active component of treatment.  In general, the HCQ allows the zinc into the cells where the zinc destroys the replicating virus. 

And if we are going to continue to mandate things we should mandate Vitamin-D supplements since there is direct correlation of Vitamin-D levels and rate of fatality.  

https://www.ajicjournal.org/article/S0196-6553(20)30574-5/fulltext

5 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Again, I'm talking specifically related to COVID. If it was successful, it would have already been put to use by numerous sources across the country. There is an obvious reason it hasnt. 

Because non-doctors are threatening doctors who do. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Why do doctors and nurses wear masks?

I was hospitalized two weeks ago (Non Covid issue)   The staff that took care of me seemed to be in agreement that they wouldn't be wearing a mask if not required to.  Maybe that was due to the fact that the hospital only had 4 Covid patients, perhaps if it were more they would have felt differently, who knows.  

I will say it again, you can find a study to support what you want the truth to be about anything related to COVID. At some point when the overwhelming majority of medical professionals, health professionals, and science are saying masks are effective (seems there should be a common sense element that a virus spread by droplets might be at least somewhat thwarted by a screening barrier across your face) I am not going to the default position of "I need more proof," or "but this study says..." At some point you are zagging just for the sake of zagging.

I know. I am a sheep.

• Like 5

Just now, bugatti said:

I will say it again, you can find a study to support what you want the truth to be about anything related to COVID. At some point when the overwhelming majority of medical professionals, health professionals, and science are saying masks are effective (seems there should be a common sense element that a virus spread by droplets might be at least somewhat thwarted by a screening barrier across your face) I am not going to the default position of "I need more proof." At some point you are zagging just for the sake of zagging.

I know. I am a sheep.

Common sense, agree.

On masks, we know not wearing masks equals shutdowns and escalation of cases. So why not try masks? Again, simple logic and common sense. If we don't do something different then the results will be the same.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, theguru said:

Lots of treating doctors disagree with that line of thinking. 

From how I understand HCQ can help aid in some instances, as do a handful of other drugs that doctors (the group of folks we do no longer trust) may prescribe dependent upon circumstances and other variables involved. But in no way is it a miracle cure all as some want it to be. In short, HCQ might be right for me, but not you.

Never, ever in the history of regulated medicine has an agency restricted use of drug by a certified physician, even for off-label uses - until this year.   Pharmacists can now overrule or disobey a doctor's written prescription.  This is unprecedented.  This never happened before this year. 

THAT is what is "new" with this virus. 

• Like 1