Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

HCQ and Zinc.

Dr. Buckmaster from Henderson, KY.   Full interview, 11 minutes.  From April. 

Its one thing to read or watch things from people far away.  This is a Kentucky doctor.  For me - the more local, the more trusted. 

Noted comments

- No side effects.  Need to be on prolonged time with high doses.  10 days - no brainer

- Outpatient dosage - 100 to 200 mg twice a day (200 to 400 mg per day).  Higher HCQ and zinc can be used during in-patient. 

- Would you recommend this to other doctors - absolutely, early.  Start treatment while waiting for test results.  Had negatives that kept on medicine.  Sometimes tests are wroing.

This is really a must watch. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywdQkZ6gvC8

 

 

 

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Sorry to hear that. Prayers for a full and quick recovery.

How are he and the rest of your family doing?

 

Thank you!  He only has a sore throat and a stuffy nose.  Only got tested because he was with someone who turned up positive last week. He lives alone so quarantining isn’t a problem.  Husband and I had brief contact with him last week when he made his usual trip over to steal leftovers from the fridge.

44 minutes ago, Beechwoodfan said:

Thank you!  He only has a sore throat and a stuffy nose.  Only got tested because he was with someone who turned up positive last week. He lives alone so quarantining isn’t a problem.  Husband and I had brief contact with him last week when he made his usual trip over to steal leftovers from the fridge.

Good to hear. Hopefully the symptoms are minimal and the impact to all your lives is minimal as well.

Also, unsolicited tip - when responding to a quote, type your response below the quote box. That will keep response out of the quote box.

Cincinnati reported results from their recent contact tracing. I heard it on the radio so I don't have the details but the top 4 or 5 places found to be the source of virus spread were all bars.

KY positive % has dropped 3 days in a row. I hope this is a trend that continues.

1 hour ago, Tigerpride94 said:

KY positive % has dropped 3 days in a row. I hope this is a trend that continues.

7 day moving average of new cases peaked 7/25 and has been dropping since then. Put the masks on. They're working.

8 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

KY positive % has dropped 3 days in a row. I hope this is a trend that continues.

 

7 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

7 day moving average of new cases peaked 7/25 and has been dropping since then. Put the masks on. They're working.

Great news.  Now let's let small establishments get back to at least 50%.  25% capacity is just brutal.

1 hour ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

 

Great news.  Now let's let small establishments get back to at least 50%.  25% capacity is just brutal.

Are you kidding?  Why would you want to up the capacity after such a short time?

3 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

Are you kidding?  Why would you want to up the capacity after such a short time?

I am not kidding at all.  I didn't want the capacity to drop to begin with. 

I'm okay with 50%, that's at least workable for these establishments and they can still easily force social distancing, mask mandates and cleaning protocols.

Small breweries and restaurants are getting crushed with only a 25% capacity (if they are abiding).  All because a few major night life spots in Lexington/Louisville and then a few outliers throughout the state won't abide by the protocols and guidelines.  Shut those individual establishments down if they won't follow protocols, don't take a macro approach to the whole state.  Hell, Campbell County, as of Friday, had 1.6% of the total cases in KY.

I'd challenge anyone to walk into the brewery where I work and then go to Kroger/Walmart after and you tell me where you feel more likely to get COVID-19.  It won't be the brewery, I can assure you.

20 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Cincinnati reported results from their recent contact tracing. I heard it on the radio so I don't have the details but the top 4 or 5 places found to be the source of virus spread were all bars.

This does not surprise me at all.     Probably the same situation in Louisville, too.

2 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I am not kidding at all.  I didn't want the capacity to drop to begin with. 

I'm okay with 50%, that's at least workable for these establishments and they can still easily force social distancing, mask mandates and cleaning protocols.

Small breweries and restaurants are getting crushed with only a 25% capacity (if they are abiding).  All because a few major night life spots in Lexington/Louisville and then a few outliers throughout the state won't abide by the protocols and guidelines.  Shut those individual establishments down if they won't follow protocols, don't take a macro approach to the whole state.  Hell, Campbell County, as of Friday, had 1.6% of the total cases in KY.

I'd challenge anyone to walk into the brewery where I work and then go to Kroger/Walmart after and you tell me where you feel more likely to get COVID-19.  It won't be the brewery, I can assure you.

There is not a limit to outdoor seating, is there?

Down here, where there are ordinances placing 25% limits on indoor seating, many of the restaurants, that did not already have outdoor seating, have built outdoor seating. As long as social distancing guidelines are obeyed, they can have as many have as many outdoor seats as their physical setup allows. 

I heard Cigar City turned part of their parking lot into an outdoor seating area. The Tampa Bay Brewing Company location in Oldsmar already had an outdoor seating area, but they expanded it into their parking lot. I curbside pickup from there when I am in the mood for some Shepard's Pie and "Last Days of Summer" or Cigar City's "Maduro". 

 

2 hours ago, swamprat said:

There is not a limit to outdoor seating, is there?

Down here, where there are ordinances placing 25% limits on indoor seating, many of the restaurants, that did not already have outdoor seating, have built outdoor seating. As long as social distancing guidelines are obeyed, they can have as many have as many outdoor seats as their physical setup allows. 

I heard Cigar City turned part of their parking lot into an outdoor seating area. The Tampa Bay Brewing Company location in Oldsmar already had an outdoor seating area, but they expanded it into their parking lot. I curbside pickup from there when I am in the mood for some Shepard's Pie and "Last Days of Summer" or Cigar City's "Maduro". 

 

I don't think KY has a limit on outdoor seating.  For some restaurants, however, this isn't much of an option.  Many of the restaurants in downtown Owensboro utilized the sidewalks in front of their storefronts for outdoor seating even prior to the lockdown, however, for many this amounts to 3 or 4 tables.  If things continue much longer we are going to get weather that will basically prohibit outdoor seating at all, at which point these small restaurants will really be up against a rock and a hard place.    

18 hours ago, swamprat said:

There is not a limit to outdoor seating, is there?

Down here, where there are ordinances placing 25% limits on indoor seating, many of the restaurants, that did not already have outdoor seating, have built outdoor seating. As long as social distancing guidelines are obeyed, they can have as many have as many outdoor seats as their physical setup allows. 

I heard Cigar City turned part of their parking lot into an outdoor seating area. The Tampa Bay Brewing Company location in Oldsmar already had an outdoor seating area, but they expanded it into their parking lot. I curbside pickup from there when I am in the mood for some Shepard's Pie and "Last Days of Summer" or Cigar City's "Maduro". 

 

Outdoor seating is not limited as long as you have the ability to space out the tables.  90 degrees with humidity makes it rough on outdoor seating right now.  Yesterday was very pleasant though.

I do disagree with the 25%. If restaurants can space you out you should be able to put some more in there. 

Dramatic drops in the daily numbers this weekend. Today and tomorrow's numbers will indicate if that was due to weekend reporting or if we actually are getting back on top of this.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.