Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

13 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

To the anti-mask crowd, one person wearing a mask testing positive validates them. 

The flip side is this. I read a story about an infected person attending church in Ohio. As a result of this one infected person attending church, 91 other people were infected within a couple of weeks. 53 of those were at the service with the infected man and then the rest of the cases came from those people spreading it to others. There is no way of knowing how many of those cases would have been prevented by mask wearing but I am sure there would have been many fewer cases if everyone wore masks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

And the follow up is we all know we should not smoke because of the high risk. Likewise we all should be wearing masks because of the high risk of infection. Masks are not 100% effective but if they are just 50% effective we all should wear them. 

Using that logic we all should be wearing goggles. 

5 hours ago, theguru said:

Any word on mask usage by the people testing positive?

If we were told the whole truth I am sure a bunch of hard core mask wearers are testing positive for COVID. 

The people I know (Including my son) were in familiar social circles and did not wear masks. One major exposure was at a wedding, another was around a friend’s asymptomatic young children, and the third was definitely out socializing without a mask.  One of those is on a ventilator.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, sportsfan41 said:

Is the pool open at the country club, dining?  Or is it just golf right now?

All were open.  The dining room was shut down for a few days after some employees tested positive.  I don’t know where/how members were exposed, but heard that some members were also positive.