Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

19 hours ago, Beechwoodfan said:

All were open.  The dining room was shut down for a few days after some employees tested positive.  I don’t know where/how members were exposed, but heard that some members were also positive.

Got ya.  They do not have any type of workout facilities there correct?  Primarily just golf, pool, tennis and food?

New CDC Data out today. 

The week of 7/18 looks like its nearly complete in terms of data.  It is latest week not obviously missing substantial reporting. 

Age 27-Jun 18-Jul Change Pct Delta Same age
0 -24 14 14 0 0% 0%
25 - 34 28 62 34 2% 121%
35 - 44 80 117 37 3% 46%
45 - 54 239 273 34 2% 14%
55 - 64 503 698 195 14% 39%
65 - 74 750 1084 334 24% 45%
75 - 85 896 1320 424 31% 47%
Over 85 1072 1386 314 23% 29%
Totals 3582 4954 1372 100%  

Of note. 

• Is the spike due to college or high school age people? No. No change.  Lowest of all age brackets. 
  • 25 to 34 year old had highest percentage increase within the same age bracket.  But this age bracket only accounted for 2% of the total increase (34 / week). 
  • 35 to 54.  Up slightly.  Accounts for only 5% of the total increase. 
  • 55 to 64.  Up a notable amount, but less than the older age brackets. 
  • 65 on up.  These age brackets represent 78% of the total increase in fatalities. 

The demographics of "the spike" (in terms of fatalities) show that the age is definitely a strong factor.

Source of data:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid_weekly/index.htm

No bar service sure is making things difficult at the brewery.  It was easier at 25% with bar service.

Often times our patrons would wait in a socially distance line, grab their beer and head outside to picnic tables, folding chairs, lawn chairs and etc.  Not being allowed to grab a beer from the bar sure is making it tough and in my opinion isn't safer for anyone involved.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

No bar service sure is making things difficult at the brewery.  It was easier at 25% with bar service.

Often times our patrons would wait in a socially distance line, grab their beer and head outside to picnic tables, folding chairs, lawn chairs and etc.  Not being allowed to grab a beer from the bar sure is making it tough and in my opinion isn't safer for anyone involved.

Right, everything is being done to put the bars out of business.

The ones I frequent just adapt and overcome, nothing has changed except the hours. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, theguru said:

The ones I frequent just adapt and overcome, nothing has changed except the hours. 

Why ?

Bars have existed for a long time. Why have “they” now decided to put them out of business?

• Like 2

University of Kentucky on campus testing: 

https://www.uky.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-testing-results

As of August 9th.  Over 8,800 tests.  0.7% positivity rate. 

I would expect  lower positivity rate than general population testing as younger, healthy people probably fight off infection after exposure better than those in the higher risk ages. 

12 hours ago, Bluegrasscard said:

University of Kentucky on campus testing: 

https://www.uky.edu/coronavirus/covid-19-testing-results

As of August 9th.  Over 8,800 tests.  0.7% positivity rate. 

I would expect  lower positivity rate than general population testing as younger, healthy people probably fight off infection after exposure better than those in the higher risk ages. 

What is UK doing regarding testing? I know USF is mandating testing for all staff (academic and otherwise), student athletes, and those utilizing on campus housing. However, they are only requiring a questionnaire be filled out and doing random sampling of those students that do not live on campus.

19 hours ago, theguru said:

They shouldn't be allowing patrons to sit at the bar, nor allow any bar service.  As of Monday, everything is now supposed to be table service.  I'm sure plenty of establishments aren't abiding.

It made life pretty difficult on Tuesday night.  I work again on Saturday and Sunday, so we'll see how it goes then.  But not allowing people to order a beer from the bar at a brewery sure makes things a lot more difficult and it my opinion, less safe.

21 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

A friend who just returned from Panama City said Florida is business as usual. Few people wearing masks.  Social distancing ignored. Eat, drink, and be merry.  First thing he did upon his return was get tested and fortunately the result was negative.

@swamprat

Is this an accurate picture?

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

A friend who just returned from Panama City said Florida is business as usual. Few people wearing masks.  Social distancing ignored. Eat, drink, and be merry.  First thing he did upon his return was get tested and fortunately the result was negative.

@swamprat

Is this an accurate picture?

I do not believe Panama City ever implemented a mask ordinance. Then again, the panhandle is more like Georgia, than the rest of Florida.

The mask ordinances are still in place in the TBA. I do not like wearing a mask, also Mrs. S still is recovering from pneumonia and is still in isolation, so I avoid going to businesses in person if at all possible. However, when I have, everybody is masked up. I still have to wear one at work when not in my office. I have practically everything delivered to my home or office and do curbside and pickup instead of attempting to dine in at restaurants. 

Miami-Dade, who put mask restrictions in place almost 2 months ago, has blown up in during that time frame, doubling their case number. As of yesterday they have had over 139,000 cases. 

The Hillsborough County (Tampa) case rate has decreased since I reported on July 24, though they have added 7000 cases since then. They had 26000 cases on the 24th and have 33,000 as of yesterday. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, swamprat said:

I do not believe Panama City ever implemented a mask ordinance. Then again, the panhandle is more like Georgia, than the rest of Florida.

The mask ordinances are still in place in the TBA. I do not like wearing a mask, also Mrs. S still is recovering from pneumonia and is still in isolation, so I avoid going to businesses in person if at all possible. However, when I have, everybody is masked up. I still have to wear one at work when not in my office. I have practically everything delivered to my home or office and due curbside and pickup instead of attempting to dine in at restaurants. 

Miami-Dade, who put mask restrictions in place almost 2 months ago, has blown up in during that time frame, doubling their case number. As of yesterday they have had over 139,000 cases. 

The Hillsborough County (Tampa) case rate has decreased since I reported on July 24, though they have added 7000 cases since then. They had 26000 cases on the 24th and have 33,000 as of yesterday. 

What do you think happened in Miami-Dade?