Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

Just now, Randy Parker said:

I thought they already had one?  Wasn't Kings Island upset about that, or was it something else?

I think masks were originall only required in the most heavily affected counties in Ohio.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

I wonder if there could still be a possibility that she started having the cough in the first place due to the Lisinopril.  I know you said the doctor cut the dosage in half, but I'd see about changing it altogether.  I say that, because that's what I took, and had the same dang cough.  It wasn't productive, just an annoyance.  Doctor went ahead and switched me to Losartin and I've been fine (cough-wise) ever since.

As to the pneumonia, I'm not a doctor, nor do I pretend to be one.  But, I wonder about the fact that so many people have just been lying around for the past 4 months or so, that we're doing much more shallow breathing and not fully evacuating our lungs the way we might normally do.  So, maybe some things (bacteria, fungi, etc.) that might normally get expelled, are now able to settle in easier?  Either way, hope she recovers quickly.

Thank you.

He did that a while back and she had an adverse reaction to Losartin. He's using the half dose of the other HP med to determine a replacement. I don't know what it is. 

I agree that she may have laid around too much these last few months, but she has other conditions that prevent her from just going out. That being the case, I just want to do all I can to make sure this is not a repetitive thing. 

This is an excerpt from the most recent Broward County Florida emergency ordinance ...

Section 4. Responsibility to Ensure Compliance with Applicable Orders.

A. Residential Property Residents.

All persons who reside on any residential property, whether single family or multi-family, and irrespective of whether they own or rent the property, must ensure that all persons on the residential property, including guests, comply with all applicable guidelines of any Broward County Emergency Order, including the facial covering requirements. Residents who fail to ensure compliance with all applicable Broward County Emergency Orders by such persons shall be subject to the penalties set forth in Section 8-56 of the Broward County Code of Ordinances, with each person present and in violation of an applicable Emergency Order constituting a separate violation.

https://www.broward.org/CoronaVirus/Documents/EmergencyOrder20-22.pdf

Peeping Toms and Drones looking in your windows?? 😄

25 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Over two months ago I started a thread about wearing masks. I wonder what things would look like now if everyone started wearing masks then. 

Guess we’ll know in 3-4 weeks if masks work. I hope they do.

Saw US has contracted with Pfizer for 600 million doses of covid vaccine with initial 100 million due in December. Pfizer released early data showing had better immune response than Moderna’s candidate vaccine. Showed strong T cell response along with producing antibodies. Will start phase 3 trial this month. 

Friday July 24 will mark one month since Hillsborough, Pasco, and Pinellas Counties implemented their mask ordinances and closed all of the bars. Since July 1st the number of positive cases in Hillsborough alone has increased by more than 110%. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, swamprat said:

Friday July 24 will mark one month since Hillsborough, Pasco, and Pinellas Counties implemented their mask ordinances and closed all of the bars. Since July 1st the number of positive cases in Hillsborough alone has increased by more than 110%. 

Not good news. If masks don't work in slowing it down, then what is left to try and get this under some control?

2 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Not good news. If masks don't work in slowing it down, then what is left to try and get this under some control?

Implementing an ordinance and people following said ordinance are two different things. 

Still, though, those are some pretty staggering numbers.