Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

6 hours ago, JDEaston said:

Yes, it actually does. PM me if you want to know what I'm talking about and I will message you back tomorrow. I don't really want to put it in public because its a grey area as far as terms of service goes. 

There is nothing about wearing a mask that should in anyway violate the terms of service on here. If your arguments about wearing a mask violate the terms of service on here, then they’re not good arguments. 

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

8 hours ago, JDEaston said:

Yes, it actually does. PM me if you want to know what I'm talking about and I will message you back tomorrow. I don't really want to put it in public because its a grey area as far as terms of service goes. 

I’m not interested in your interpretation of some “right” someone is telling you is being violated. If being told you have to wear a shirt doesn’t violate a right, then neither does being told you have to wear a mask. 

12 hours ago, Hellcats said:

I watched a guy do that in the liquor store the day the mask mandate came down.  He just forgot his mask, he was desperate, ?and did what was needed.  

We have people forget at the brewery, so we have those cheap surgical masks and we ask the patrons to wear them until they are seated.

UofL's football team is practicing with masks on. Outside. 

5 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

I’m not interested in your interpretation of some “right” someone is telling you is being violated. If being told you have to wear a shirt doesn’t violate a right, then neither does being told you have to wear a mask. 

Wearing the mask actually does take away one of your rights in two of our great states.

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

UofL's football team is practicing with masks on. Outside. 

I saw a bunch of those pictures on Facebook and in about half of them they weren't wearing the masks correctly and that is when they are being photographed.  It tells me it is nothing more than an act.

6 minutes ago, JDEaston said:

Wearing the mask actually does take away one of your rights in two of our great states.

Please enlighten us. 

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

I saw a bunch of those pictures on Facebook and in about half of them they weren't wearing the masks correctly and that is when they are being photographed.  It tells me it is nothing more than an act.

Is it an act or is it simply UofL way of reaching out to fans in hopes that the fans realize they have to wear a mask or no football season in 2020. Virtually every major university is putting out some sort of material urging fans to wear masks so we can have a season. 

Just now, GrantNKY said:

Is it an act or is it simply UofL way of reaching out to fans in hopes that the fans realize they have to wear a mask or no football season in 2020. Virtually every major university is putting out some sort of material urging fans to wear masks so we can have a season. 

Whatever it was it was a very poor example. 

And it was about on par with what I just saw in my local Kroger store today.

31 minutes ago, theguru said:

I saw a bunch of those pictures on Facebook and in about half of them they weren't wearing the masks correctly and that is when they are being photographed.  It tells me it is nothing more than an act.

They could all have them on perfectly and you'd still find some way to try to discredit it. 

The fact that they are wearing them in the first place speaks volumes to their commitment to having a season. The masks falling down from time to time during workouts is to be expected. 

26 minutes ago, theguru said:

Whatever it was it was a very poor example. 

And it was about on par with what I just saw in my local Kroger store today.

A poor example? ?

40 minutes ago, JDEaston said:

Wearing the mask actually does take away one of your rights in two of our great states.

Please elaborate.

Five counties in Florida now have no ICU beds available.

How much pain, suffering and death must be endured before Americans become willing to try to help control this virus?

For those of you who are against wearing masks, what percentage of effectiveness would it take for you to wear one ?

If it reduces the risk of transmission by 20 percent. Would that be enough ? What’s your number ?

Seat belts aren’t 100 percent effective and I guarantee many of you wear them every time you travel. Cops can pull you over and write you a ticket for not wearing one. Shouldn’t possibly saving your own life be your choice ? Are your rights being violated because the authorities force you to wear them and fine you if you don’t? I suspect many of you do feel this is a violation of your rights but you still wear them.


I’m a strong, healthy adult. I’d probably survive a car accident. I shouldn’t have to wear one. Sounds ridiculous, right ?

Condoms don’t 100 percent prevent pregnancy or stds, I knew that and I can promise you I wore them often as a young man.

Washing my hands after using the bathroom doesn’t guarantee I won’t get sick. I still do it every time.

I could go on and on...

I guess I’d just prefer to err on the side of caution and see how it works out. The positives of wearing a mask greatly outnumber the negatives of not wearing them IMO.

 

21 minutes ago, MBWC41 said:

Condoms don’t 100 percent prevent pregnancy or stds, I knew that and I can promise you I wore them often as a young man.

Humble brag.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.