Coronavirus

ChickenWyngz

As I’ve said before, I go back and forth on this virus monthly. I’ve struggled to form what I would consider an educated opinion.

However, I’m all in on the masks at this point. I just want to do my part to help get back to some form of normalcy. If the masks work, that’s great, I’ve done my part. If they don’t help, then I’ve been slightly uncomfortable in public places for no reason and I’m ok with that.

I’d wear a full hazmat suit while grocery shopping if it means kids get to go back to school and sports come back.

The argument against the mask is baffling to me. It’s like saying you don’t need to cover your mouth when coughing because your hand doesn’t form a seal tight enough around your mouth to prevent 100 percent of germs from becoming airborne.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MBWC41 said:

I’ve noticed the grocery stores around here have been 80 percent plus. The gas stations, not so much ...

I will say when I’m at the pump I do not wear my mask. I haven’t had to go inside the station but if I did, I’d wear a mask. 

38 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Over 900 cases announced today. I’d like to know if that was due to more testing, back logs at lab, or spread of virus. Hopefully this is peak and go down from here.

583 cases the day before.

979 today & 30 of those were children 5 & under.  21% of today's cases from Jefferson County.

Not good.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, MBWC41 said:

I’ve noticed the grocery stores around here have been 80 percent plus. The gas stations, not so much ...

45 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

I will say when I’m at the pump I do not wear my mask. I haven’t had to go inside the station but if I did, I’d wear a mask. 

I've noticed the same about gas stations.  The one closest to my house...I'm usually the only one wearing one when I go, and that's including employees.  Most others there are very few people wearing them.

I wonder if it's because you're usually in a gas station for just a brief amount of time?

4 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

I've noticed the same about gas stations.  The one closest to my house...I'm usually the only one wearing one when I go, and that's including employees.  Most others there are very few people wearing them.

I wonder if it's because you're usually in a gas station for just a brief amount of time?

I've forgotten to put mine on going into gas station convenience stores a couple of times.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

I think this is why.

Im guilty of it myself. It’s easy to forget when you’re going to be in a business for less than 2 minutes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MBWC41 said:

I think this is why.

Im guilty of it myself. It’s easy to forget when you’re going to be in a business for less than 2 minutes.

Same here.  Especially if all I'm doing is running in to hand them $20 for gas and then come right back out.

1 minute ago, Randy Parker said:

Same here.  Especially if all I'm doing is running in to hand them $20 for gas and then come right back out.

Yes...

I’m much more conscious when I go in a grocery store.