Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

1 hour ago, swamprat said:

Dentists, Chiropractors, hair and nail salons, beaches, any social gathering places (including churches), and most retail outlets, including sit down restaurant access. And many of those workers deemed essential were working from home. Those retail outlets deemed essential had their hours operation cut back. Also all elective medical procedures were stopped. For all the people supposedly out and about, my drive to work everyday was basically with no traffic at all during that time. Retail mall and strip mall parking lots were deserted. 

Regardless of the extent of the lock down, my point is that the restrictions during that time were much more comprehensive than wearing a mask and following guidelines. However, I hope they are right. 

I agree, shutting down shopping malls was an absolute must and definitely helped.

I think most of us just disagree on what we consider essential. I can’t think of one scenario where restaurants are essential. It would be tough, and we’d have to make sure the elderly had what they needed to survive, but restaurants are way down the list of essential businesses.

Walmart stayed packed because people were bored. I’m fine with the grocery section remaining open, I just can’t think of a reason that toys or televisions should have been sold.

Liquor stores ? I’m thrilled they stayed open. How are they essential ?

To be honest, I’ve worn my mask much more since we started to open things back up.

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

2 hours ago, MBWC41 said:

Looking back, If restaurants were to remain open, they should have been delivery only maybe ?

I was fine with hardware stores staying open. They should have decreased the operating hours and severely under staffed them. Make it such a pain to get in and out of the place that someone wouldn’t even consider going unless they had some sort of home repair crisis.

Nothing should have been open except true essential jobs. If we would have legit shutdown for 14 days and when we came back from it we wore masks, we would have this to extremely manageable levels and our lives would relatively be back to normal. 

31 minutes ago, GrantNKY said:

Nothing should have been open except true essential jobs. If we would have legit shutdown for 14 days and when we came back from it we wore masks, we would have this to extremely manageable levels and our lives would relatively be back to normal. 

I agree.

let me ask this though.

A water line under your home bursts. Your refrigerator quits working.Your roof starts leaking. A window breaks. 

I could go on forever. These are legitimate emergencies for homeowners. Maybe the hardware store should have been delivery or pickup out front only ?

30 minutes ago, MBWC41 said:

I agree.

let me ask this though.

A water line under your home bursts. Your refrigerator quits working.Your roof starts leaking. A window breaks. 

I could go on forever. These are legitimate emergencies for homeowners. Maybe the hardware store should have been delivery or pickup out front only ?

Set up a hotline for non medical related emergencies. There are things that could have been done to keep everyone in true quarantine for 14 days. I wouldn’t have been against a pick up outside service, but still not a true shutdown because the people still working take it home to their families. 

On 7/15/2020 at 12:11 AM, sportsfan41 said:

How many people rush to get the vaccine?     Should high risk folks?   Interesting question when the time comes.  

I don't think I'd rush to get it, but then again I've never gotten the flu vaccine either.

I'd probably get this one, but I don't think I'm first in line.

On 7/15/2020 at 10:37 AM, allsport71 said:

It’s just not going to happen, first I will say I have not always worn a mask, but when I walk In a business that has a sign to wear a mask I do, I was just in a speedway in Florence, 7 customers, 2 people had mask on, me and a elderly lady, heck one of the workers didn’t have it on, and one guy even looked at me like I was going to say something to him, they even have a sign saying mask is required, there is just no way to inforce it, and I’ll admit I have been anti mask, but when a business ask you to wear them a customer should respect that.

Speedway by me in Alexandria has about the same percentage of mask wearers when I stopped in there yesterday.

2 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Speedway by me in Alexandria has about the same percentage of mask wearers when I stopped in there yesterday.

Convenience stores like Speedway or Thornton's do seem to have a lower percentage of mask wearers.  I've forgotten to throw my mask on a couple of times this week alone when making a stop in after getting gas.  I'm still seeing a high percentage (though not 100%) of people wearing masks in larger stores like Kroger/Walmart.

On 7/14/2020 at 4:57 PM, GrantNKY said:

Now that it keeps getting talked about, the way our society handles smoking is the same way we could look at Covid. You can smoke in your home, you can smoke in your car, you can smoke outside. What you can’t do is smoke inside of a restaurant because it protects the people inside. I don’t hear anyone shouting about their liberties being violated by not being allowed to smoke inside. Its basic common sense that yeah smoking inside around other people is a very inconsiderate thing to do. Not wearing a mask is also a inconsiderate thing to do under the circumstances with Covid. There is no difference. Why are we looking at requiring masks as such an abhorrent abuse of our civil liberties, when smoking laws have been around for basically my whole life time? 

 Do we really want to look at the stats of deaths related to smoking vs those related to Covid?

 

But I am actually with you a little. I don't like anyone telling a business owner whether or not they can allow smoking in their restaurant or business. If I start a business, then it should be up to me whether or not I allow smokers or non-mask wearers in my business. I invested the business risk so I should be making the decision. 

8 hours ago, PP1 said:

 Do we really want to look at the stats of deaths related to smoking vs those related to Covid?

 

But I am actually with you a little. I don't like anyone telling a business owner whether or not they can allow smoking in their restaurant or business. If I start a business, then it should be up to me whether or not I allow smokers or non-mask wearers in my business. I invested the business risk so I should be making the decision. 

Not sure what you mean. It doesn’t sound like you’re with me at all. I wasn’t aware that anyone had a problem with businesses not being able to choose whether or not they allow smoking. I don’t see how you really have an argument. The death rates from smoking vs Covid is completely irrelevant for multiple reasons. 1) We have severely limited the ability for someone to be around smoking if they don’t want to be. 2) Smoking is its most dangerous because of repeated voluntary exposure whereas Covid has an immediate involuntary exposure.  

@theguru

I am curious, now that all groceries are requiring masks, how will you be getting your groceries? 

Will you shop without a mask and put the burden on the store employees to tell you to put one on?

8 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

@theguru

I am curious, now that all groceries are requiring masks, how will you be getting your groceries? 

Will you shop without a mask and put the burden on the store employees to tell you to put one on?

They haven't said a word to me about it and I spoke with two managers that told me ultimately they will not be enforcing it. 

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

@theguru

I am curious, now that all groceries are requiring masks, how will you be getting your groceries? 

Will you shop without a mask and put the burden on the store employees to tell you to put one on?

I know what some of the national chains have said, but I haven't been to a grocery yet that is enforcing masks.

4 hours ago, theguru said:

They haven't said a word to me about it and I spoke with two managers that told me ultimately they will not be enforcing it. 

 

1 hour ago, Randy Parker said:

I know what some of the national chains have said, but I haven't been to a grocery yet that is enforcing masks.

I was at a store a few days ago and several people in line had no masks. I just loudly stated, "No football fans here apparently." The cashier (who was wearing a mask) smiled and asked what I meant by that. I said if people care about football and kids going to school they would be wearing masks. No comments by anyone else. All younger people (under 30) who weren't wearing masks.

Going forward, if I see a lot of people not wearing masks in a store, I am going to tell the store manager I will be shopping elsewhere from now on.

17 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

 

I was at a store a few days ago and several people in line had no masks. I just loudly stated, "No football fans here apparently." The cashier (who was wearing a mask) smiled and asked what I meant by that. I said if people care about football and kids going to school they would be wearing masks. No comments by anyone else. All younger people (under 30) who weren't wearing masks.

Going forward, if I see a lot of people not wearing masks in a store, I am going to tell the store manager I will be shopping elsewhere from now on.

Its not a law. Most businesses aren't going to enforce it for fear of losing business.  So you'll likely be limited to shopping at Walmart in the near future if you wish not to shop anywhere that requires a mask. Besides if your mask works, why does everyone else need to wear one for you to feel comfortable in said store?

1 hour ago, JDEaston said:

Its not a law. Most businesses aren't going to enforce it for fear of losing business.  So you'll likely be limited to shopping at Walmart in the near future if you wish not to shop anywhere that requires a mask. Besides if your mask works, why does everyone else need to wear one for you to feel comfortable in said store?

1.  Currently it is the law in Kentucky per the Kentucky Supreme Court.

2.  That is why I will let businesses know I will not be shopping there because they need to know they will lose just as much business by not enforcing the mask law.

3. WalMart now has a mask requirement too. My shopping options are much better then the options for those who refuse to wear a mask.

4.  Masks are much more effective when everyone wears them versus just some people wearing them.

At this point with all we now know there is no legitimate reason for a person to go into a building with other people without wearing a mask.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.