Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coronavirus

Featured Replies

4 hours ago, theguru said:

And let's all face it, the majority of people are NOT going to wear a mask.

Additionally, even if we slow the Rona down it will bounce right back.

There is no denying Mother Nature. 

Lunacy! 

Do you want football or not? If you think it’s inevitable that we won’t have it anyways then so be it. But even if there is a 1% chance we have it because we all start wearing masks isn’t it worth it? Help me understand where you’re coming from here. You’re responsible for a this great website that we all love but at the end of the day is still largely dependent on the presence of high school sports and football in particular. I would think you would be all on board with anything that could potentially allow us to have a football season. What happens to BGP if we go a year without football? 

  • Replies 3.6k
  • Views 313.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • My wife is home, but is really no better than when I took her to the ER. However everything they were doing for her there, we are going to be able to do at home. She has a very long recovery in front

  • I mean isn’t that kind of what we did with not allowing smoking inside restaurants? Isn’t that why there’s no smoking at sporting events? It’s to make other people feel more comfortable. Kind of simil

  • This is what I envisioned when the shutdown talks started. I would have never imagined that so many employees were “essential”.    We didn’t really shutdown. We quit going out to eat and t

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, GrantNKY said:

Businesses can refuse service to anyone who walks in without a mask. How do you think it’s going to be hard to enforce? If a business chooses to allow customers to enter without a mask, it’s on them. But they’re asking for a lawsuit to be filed against their business if someone wearing a mask is in there and someone is allowed in without a mask. Here in WV it’s been mandatory to wear a mask all this week and my life has not been altered in anyway. Everyone that has come in our office has had a mask on. At the country club up here everyone has worn their masks all week inside and nobody has put up a fuss about it. Obviously no one wants to be wearing the mask, but still at the end of the day it’s a very minor inconvenience. Why anyone would get up in arms about it is beyond me. 

I mean that not all businesses are going to enforce this because a lot of them don't want to turn away customers.  Especially a lot of the mom & pops.

15 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

I mean that not all businesses are going to enforce this because a lot of them don't want to turn away customers.  Especially a lot of the mom & pops.

You’d be surprised.  I visited several Mom and Pops places, and all were actively enforcing masks, and all customers were compliant.  I saw many people not wearing masks outside but putting them on when they walked in. And let’s face it, these Mom and Pops could get fined or worse if they don’t enforce the policy.  That’s a much bigger problem then turning a customer away.

8 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

I mean that not all businesses are going to enforce this because a lot of them don't want to turn away customers.  Especially a lot of the mom & pops.

I mean that’s the risk the businesses will choose if they don’t enforce it. If they don’t to enforce it, then they should know the risks involved. Lawsuits, fines, not to mention the whole purpose of the mandate in the first place which is to slow the spread of the virus. I mean it’s definitely an ethical decision people will have to weigh. 

6 hours ago, Randy Parker said:

I think it will be very difficult to enforce. 

It's going to put quite a burden on people in the service industry when patrons don't want to comply with the mandate.

9 hours ago, Randy Parker said:

I think it will be very difficult to enforce. 

Not really. It’s just whether or not businesses choose to enforce it. It’s pretty easy to keep someone from coming in if they aren’t wearing a mask. 

2 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

It's going to put quite a burden on people in the service industry when patrons don't want to comply with the mandate.

It only becomes a burden if people are willfully non compliant.  Again, I spent all last week traveling through and in states that all had mask mandates.  I was in probably a dozen different places, from big box to mom and pops. And there were zero issues or problems.  I would hope that it wouldn’t be any different here in KY.  Does everyone think that it will be an issue here, outside of a handful of people?

8 hours ago, GrantNKY said:

Do you want football or not? If you think it’s inevitable that we won’t have it anyways then so be it. But even if there is a 1% chance we have it because we all start wearing masks isn’t it worth it? Help me understand where you’re coming from here. You’re responsible for a this great website that we all love but at the end of the day is still largely dependent on the presence of high school sports and football in particular. I would think you would be all on board with anything that could potentially allow us to have a football season. What happens to BGP if we go a year without football? 

Yep... Keep complaining and not wearing a mask and see where that gets us when it comes to football. 

21 minutes ago, rjs4470 said:

It only becomes a burden if people are willfully non compliant.  Again, I spent all last week traveling through and in states that all had mask mandates.  I was in probably a dozen different places, from big box to mom and pops. And there were zero issues or problems.  I would hope that it wouldn’t be any different here in KY.  Does everyone think that it will be an issue here, outside of a handful of people?

Handful of people can cause quite a ruckus for an establishment, I'd imagine.

I'm working all three days this weekend, I'll report back how things go if people are curious.

Just now, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Handful of people can cause quite a ruckus for an establishment, I'd imagine.

I'm working all three days this weekend, I'll report back how things go if people are curious.

Dealing with a handful of folks who cause a ruckus is a way of life for those who regularly deal with the public, like servers and retail workers. They’ve been dealing with people who don’t want to follow rules or just like to complain since way before mask mandates.

31 minutes ago, rjs4470 said:

Dealing with a handful of folks who cause a ruckus is a way of life for those who regularly deal with the public, like servers and retail workers. They’ve been dealing with people who don’t want to follow rules or just like to complain since way before mask mandates.

Okay, you're right.

It's not going to be an extra burden at all on folks in the service industry, everyone will be perfectly fine with the fact that they won't receive service or be allowed to remain in the establishment without a mask.

No one will cause a fuss at all when they go to the restroom and have to be reminded that since they left their table, they have to put their mask on.

Hell, I often got cussed at and called quite a few names by people just because I wouldn't serve them two beers at once while vending.  Now imagine those same people being told I can't serve them at all without a mask.  

13 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Okay, you're right.

It's not going to be an extra burden at all on folks in the service industry, everyone will be perfectly fine with the fact that they won't receive service or be allowed to remain in the establishment without a mask.

No one will cause a fuss at all when they go to the restroom and have to be reminded that since they left their table, they have to put their mask on.

Hell, I often got cussed at and called quite a few names by people just because I wouldn't serve them two beers at once while vending.  Now imagine those same people being told I can't serve them at all without a mask.  

And folks like the ones you describe, will likely find some reason to cuss you regardless of the situation.  That's just how some folks are.

I don't disagree that this could cause an increase in problems that may be caused.  I'm hopeful though, after living through mask mandates in another part of the country for a week and not witnessing any real issues, that problems will be the exception rather than the norm. I'd still like to believe most people get whats going on and the reasons why a mask should be worn, and won't cause a big fuss. 

If I am an employer, it is not worth the risk to politely ask a patron to wear a mask. Why? Because people are frigging nuts.

The mask mandate is not about making everyone wear a mask; that is ideal, of course. It is about making those on the fence about wearing a mask to think twice in hopes they wear one. If that increases mask use on some level, it might help slow the spread. It is for some of the "no mask" crowd to sit at home in protest ("I won't go in your establishment if you are asking me to wear a mask.").

Every time I put my mask on to walk into a store I laugh about how ridiculous it is that people are fighting it so hard. Just being difficult to be spiteful. 

53 minutes ago, bugatti said:

If I am an employer, it is not worth the risk to politely ask a patron to wear a mask. Why? Because people are frigging nuts.

I hear ya.  Is it a bigger risk/liability to not enforce the state's mask mandate and the local Health Department come in and see that you aren't enforcing it?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.